• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Recent content by The Mad Engineer

1. The Mad Engineer

Journey's End 1.4: Official Item Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

I didn't know that, I probably missed it in the changelog. Though I highly suspected it, I spent days waiting for a sandstorm to craft the forbidden armor when I was playing summoner and I had to give up and go on because I didn't get a single one. It would be helpful to have a sandstorm...
  2. The Mad Engineer

This, or at least let whips be affected by Flasks
  3. The Mad Engineer

Anyone else getting disheartened by the Happiness system?

Having preferred block/wall types would be even more limiting for builders, I think biomes make much more sense, though maybe one or two favourite furniture pieces would make it more interesting, as I already stated. There's not really anything forcing you to build in a certain way, you can...
  4. The Mad Engineer

Anyone else getting disheartened by the Happiness system?

I love the idea and I kinda like the implementation. I don't really think it's frustrating, and I think it makes Terraria an overall better game, but it has lots of stuff that could be improved. Sadly, 1.4 is the last major update, and we won't see any major changes to the system. That's the...
  5. The Mad Engineer

What is your favorite non necessary boss

It used to be Duke Fishron... but as a Touhou fan I can't say no to a bullet hell, so I have to choose the Empress.
  6. The Mad Engineer

PC Thoughts on Pre-Hardmode Summoner Viability

That would seem to be the case. When I play summoner, I always only use Magic weapons other than summons, mostly because it makes sense thematically. Well, now I use the Zenith too, because it's OP (just got it a couple hours ago) but other than that, I always only used mage weapons to...
  7. The Mad Engineer

I already said this on another thread but I think it might be useful to put it here too. Not sure if anyone suggested this:
  8. The Mad Engineer

FAR TOO MANY NERFS

I just thought of a possible solution to the Reaver Shark: Move it to hardmode and make it as strong as mytrhil. My reason is, it would still allow people to skip some stuff, and it would make sense. In pre-hardmode, you can pick gold from the start, but in hardmode you have to go through cobalt...
  9. The Mad Engineer

FAR TOO MANY NERFS

I agree with pretty much all of the nerf, SPECIALLY the Reaver Shark If I want to skip to hellstone now I'll just farm Eater of World segments/Brain's Eyes to get a demonite/crimtane pickaxe early. It skips most ores anyways, but it's more fun and challenging than just getting a fish, and can be...
  10. The Mad Engineer

FAR TOO MANY NERFS

You can still skip breaking altars with crates, you just have to fish them after hardmode.
  11. The Mad Engineer

Would be nice if the finch staff was craftable with wood and birds at a living wood loom.
  12. The Mad Engineer

Thanks for the useful tier list! But I'd love to know where the wings from the developer vanity sets fit in there. Also, any chance to increase the drop rate of the blood frog and bats? Or at least the chance to fish an enemy during blood moon? And I doubt you could change that, but it would...
  13. The Mad Engineer

Master Eye of Cthulu Fight help

That early there aren't many options. For a melee character the best armor that early is gold/platinum, or maybe the new version of the ninja armor, unless you feel confident enough to farm the EoW and kill at least a few parts of it to get demonite and shadow scale. For melee weapons, anything...
  14. The Mad Engineer

New Terraria Merchandise From Sanshee - Including Journey's End Items!

That empress of light pin, while not my style, looks amazing. I absolutely NEED the king slime one though.
  15. The Mad Engineer

I mostly agree with everything, though I'd add that adding some knockback to whips would help a lot. I've been playing summoner with some mage weapons, and while summons and whips are enough most of the time, I simply couldn't defeat the wall of flesh without using some magic, mostly the demon...
Top Bottom