Recent content by The Quiff

1. The Quiff

Crushing Pumpkin and Frost Moon events using Autofarms

The 1.3 update also brought a quicker cool-down time for Spear Traps (1½ seconds, down from 2 seconds). I wonder if there is a way of making them do this consistently through timers? The only thing that sounds plausible to me would be something like a Bird Statue hitting two pressure plates...
  2. The Quiff

Hot Topic Share your RNG luck here!

From 1.3.0.1 onwards (and after obtaining a Tally Counter), I'd accrued 5 Moon Stones from Vampires before the 50th kill.
  3. The Quiff

PC How to cheese the Angler - 200 fishing quests in 5 to 6 in-game days

It's pretty tight, time-wise, to get the full 40. To get 80 would require insane luck.
  4. The Quiff

PC How to cheese the Angler - 200 fishing quests in 5 to 6 in-game days

I used this method after getting frustrated with not getting hold of either the Weather Radio, Sextant, or Fisherman's Pocket Guide. It's pretty effective for getting hold of the rarer items and for just making money.
  5. The Quiff

Resolved Terraria is unable to start.

Uninstalling and re-installing seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your help, much appreciated!
  6. The Quiff

I'm unable to backup Terraria from the Steam interface as it disallows this while Terraria is updating (even ‘update paused’ seems to be considered ‘updating’). Is there another method to backup the saved characters and worlds?
  7. The Quiff

For a couple of days now (since July 23), Terraria fails to start altogether on my system. Before this point, there was absolutely no issue at all with starting Terraria. In the first instance, I received this error message: After this, I decided to ‘verify integrity of game cache’ through...
  8. The Quiff

Incredible. I wouldn't have expected another person from sunny Hastings to be active on these...

Incredible. I wouldn't have expected another person from sunny Hastings to be active on these forums!
  9. The Quiff

Say something random about the person above you

Once tried to steal MC Hammer's infamous pants.
  10. The Quiff

Say something random about the person above you

Regularly interchanges kneecaps with earlobes.
  11. The Quiff

Casual Where are you from?

Reminds me of a fairly bad joke. Q: Why do bagpipers walk when they play? A: To get away from the noise.
  12. The Quiff

What's your favorite type of melee weapon?

Swords: in particular The Horseman's Blade.
  13. The Quiff

most forgettable item

You don't use the Golden Shower or the Nimbus Rod? Sure, the Golden Shower got nerfed a little while back, but the Ichor debuff is still a wonderful reason to use it. As for the Nimbus Rod, it's lingering free damage and no mage build is complete without it.
  14. The Quiff

Casual Favorite drink?

I normally drink various fruit juices, most often apple. I also have a weakness for Kopparburg's alcohol-free pear cider (I get alcohol-free because I'm teetotal). The mixed fruit flavour isn't bad, but it's so gassy that I end up farting and belching like a dirty power station. On nights out...
  15. The Quiff

Serious Chrome vs Firefox?

I've used Firefox since its early versions, way back when IE had a rock-solid monopoly on browser usage. I did briefly switch to Chrome a few years ago, but now I'm back to using Firefox. I find Chrome is too RAM-intensive, even with 4GB of RAM (unfortunately my computer's motherboard can...
Back
Top Bottom