Recent content by Thorfinn

1. T

pylons not working?

I've never been able to get the stylist to sell from the beach when teamed with the angler. Replace her with the golfer. Nurse and arms dealer should work, though. Always do for me. Crowding, as e suggests? I don't know that it matters, but I'm always playing Master. It might be a little more...
  2. T

PC Can't find the tavernkeep npc

Think you almost have to be trying to avoid him by now. So far as I know, he's pretty much like any other spawn. To force the issue, just run 44 ropes straight up from some more or less flat spot on the surface, and wait for the lifeform analyzer to tell you about the sleeping man. Climb/drop...
  3. T

Class Advise for a very newbie (kid) player (not me)

I'm not sure I'd push any class. Or maybe more to the point, push them all. When you want to stand back and let minions fight, pause, equip your summoner stuff, and have at it. He may well find a hybrid is the best for him -- good (melee) armor with ranged or magic weapons, for instance, with a...
  4. T

Can I use Garageband instead of Audacity?

Anyone still wondering, Studio One is an incredible DAW. The biggest limitation of the free version is that third party plugins are disabled, and while the stock plugins are sufficient, there's some really nice ones that come with the Artist and Pro versions. Both of which add a bunch of other...
  5. T

Any tips for Hardcore mode?

Just chip out one of the dart traps and use that to look for where the wires go. When in doubt whether you found all the explosives, put torches where they were. Mine out every tile that has a wire going through it if you have to. And if you dig both stones right under the boulders, it disarms...
  6. T

Unable to craft sawmill

I'd suggest moving your workbench away from the other crafting stations and then see. That should drastically reduce the number of things you can build. I've looked and looked for the sawmill in the past, and I'm pretty sure it was there, I just missed it in the mass of stuff you can make. It...
  7. T

Cant beat wall of flesh as summoner

Spamming summons so much means I always have the mana potion debuff running. So long as I'm keeping close enough, I can spam the summon right on top of the eye and he attacks immediately, much faster than just leaving them be to attack at their leisure.
  8. T

Something wrong with fishing

When I "build" a lake, I almost always do it with bombs, merging a couple three smaller lakes. When in doubt, I use the ruler to make sure it's enough. But I rarely need to do that. If anything, it's 2-3x as big as it needs to be. Particularly jungle lakes.
  9. T

Cant beat wall of flesh as summoner

Pretty tough on a small world if you don't use a minecart. For a summoner, star lanterns are also pretty much essential, and you will still run out of mana. If you have the celestial magnet, it's also nice to NOT equip it and kill a lot of stuff so stars fall on the bridge, then equip it when...
  10. T

NPCs & Enemies Moss Hornets Should Be Nerfed

Very much this. IMO, there's a reason you can produce peace candles and calming potions pretty much right away, while water candles and to a lesser extent, battle potions have to wait a bit until you can survive some of the tougher critters. Particularly if you are doing a full run on master...
  11. T

Oh, y'know what it probably is? I only fish in lakes I know are plenty big. Whatever the fishing power was, it did not diminish when I cast. But I'm guessing if you cast into a smaller lake, the number does diminish? Another thing that would have been useful earlier in the game. By the time I...
  12. T

I had never noticed that. Are you saying if I have the FIsherman's Guide equipped, and I cast into a smaller lake, it adjusts the fishing power displayed? Or are you talking about a different accessory?
  13. T

Old One's Army enemies spawning inside the ground directly under the Eternia Crystal where nothing can damage them

Seeing your arena would certainly help. TBH, I had completely forgotten about them. Just listened to the summon sound on Wiki. Sure enough, they are spawning, but I've always got a lightning thingamajig where the Mage stops, so they probably die there, off-screen. With only 140 HP, between...
  14. T

Might be a little lean, but if you were on a new moon with clear skies, it could happen. Personally anymore I never fish before I've made some fishing potions. I've tried early fishing with your setup, and it was a waste of time. Maybe not quite that bad, but I could have runs of a minute or...
  15. T

Blinkroot and Shiverthorn seeds aren't growing!!

Planters. Somewhere between one and two hundred is about right for me, and I have started running potions almost non-stop. The only break is when I'm fishing and then it's only 3 or maybe 4 buffs running. Shiverthorn is next to useless, and like @Banmei said, it is easy to just collect the few...
Back
Top Bottom