Recent content by Wridian

1. Wridian

PC 1.4.0.4 stuttering/frame drops

I appreciate taking the time to post this, but personally I've tried all the frame skip options with no luck. There are slight variations, but none result in the level of smoothness I could play at before this update. With that being said though, I did recently have an opportunity to watch a...
  2. Wridian

Terraria State of the Game - June 2020

I was guessing that was probably what you meant, thanks for clarifying. Yeah, I followed the whole Otherworld thing, at least as far as one could from what was posted here. Which wasn't much at all, so I might have 1% of the story at most, and never even saw those Otherworld developer comments...
  3. Wridian

"nih syndrome" can imply a lot of different specific motivations, care to be more specific?
  4. Wridian

Amen! That Overworld soundtrack is wonderful, not a bad track in the mix. Playing Terraria with it instead of the original music is the only way to go, especially in the jungle. Those tracks are so good in fact that it makes me even sadder Otherworld got cancelled... until I remind myself that...
  5. Wridian

PC 1.4.0.4 stuttering/frame drops

I've noticed an increase in framerate issues as well compared to previous versions, which always ran completely consistently for me. I don't get stutters when using weapons or opening chests for the first time, but I do get seemingly random stutters for no obvious reason at all. And much more...
  6. Wridian

Official The End of the Journey - The Beginning for Terraria: Journey's End Out Now!

The "dig out all the dirt and replace it with mud" part is always the absolute worst part of jungle restoration. The clentaminator makes altering biomes a breeze wherever dirt does the job, but jungles needs mud and manually replacing dirt with mud one block at a time to expand or un-corrupt the...
  7. Wridian

FORE-RRARIA! Hitting the Links with Terraria Golf

So, are there any rewards for playing golf? You know, like when fishing was added? Or is it a new side activity with no real impact on the main game whatsoever? For a variety of reasons, I'm assuming the latter. And if so, then unless Terraria golf turns out to be at least ten times more fun...
  8. Wridian

Mythical Beasts & Where to Farm Them: Exploring Terraria's Bestiary

From what I can see in that sprite, she's essentially a human with animal ears and a tail. That's hardly furry at all in the grand scheme of things, is by no means out of place in the monster-filled weirdness of Terraria, and she's probably closer to human than the dryad that nobody has any...
  9. Wridian

Mythical Beasts & Where to Farm Them: Exploring Terraria's Bestiary

It may not be the most impactful, game-changing announcement so far, but this is the most pure, no caveats whatsoever improvement. I've long believed that every game needs to make more of its useful gameplay information available to the player directly from within the game, rather than making us...
  10. Wridian

With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

Yeah, skipping ahead to the next day or night would work too, so that's cool. No, I'm referring to how the Blood Moon and Solar Eclipse events cause monsters to spawn within range of NPCs where enemy spawns would normally be suppressed. Normally once a spawn-free zone is established, you can...
  11. Wridian

With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

So will turning off all spawns even work during Blood moons and Eclipses? Because having some way to just totally ignore those when you don't feel like dealing with them, particularly Eclipses, has been a long time Terraria wish. It's annoying when you're focused on building and then an Eclipse...
  12. Wridian

Expand Your Terraria Empire - Pylons, Town Building, and NPC Happiness

Regarding that part about storage, if Re-Logic is tired of every base being built around a chest warehouse, cool. SO AM I. I really really wish bases didn't need huge walls of chests to hold everything, it really drives a wedge between practical functionality and aesthetics. And on that note, if...
  13. Wridian

Expand Your Terraria Empire - Pylons, Town Building, and NPC Happiness

Personally, I like to build one massive castle and locate everyone in there. One castle so massive that it's kinda difficult to maintain enough NPC density throughout to suppress spawns, so it's not about cheap bare minimum shoebox housing at all. (In fact, my last one would have been even...
  14. Wridian

Journey's End Vanity Contest - Finalists & Voting Instructions

I like how the ballot gives us first, second, and third place choices rather than the standard exactly one choice. It allows for a degree of nuance that should be present in all votes where there are more than two choices available.
  15. Wridian

Terraria State of the Game: November 2019

Oh, what? Don't ruin my fantasy of Re-Logic being the awesome workplace I'd hoped the game industry would be when I was a kid, where making games took effort but wasn't a stressful grind all day everyday and sometimes even worse. Please, let me have that dream.;( And also a job there. You can...
Back
Top Bottom