Xylia
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Really wish Microsoft would fix windows update so that it doesn't always break on a computer that's been sitting for a year+.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Kinda wish Windows would take the Linux approach to updating... it works so fast and easy, no matter how long the computer has been sitting unused. I let a linux machine sit for nearly three years, and it updated in like 30 minutes, no errors, nothing. And I barely know how to even use linux.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Meanwhile, it's been 8+ hours and I'm still trying to get WU fixed.
    Commander Crocket
    Commander Crocket
    In Microsoft's defense, Windows is quite a bit bulkier than Linux. However, this shouldn't deter them from creating a more optimised OS.

Looking at you, Vista.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yeah, I had an afterthought after I posted that, lol.
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    Confirmation that I'm not going crazy. That's good.

In reply to the full post, I know the Saint's Row series. I've watched someone play the third and fourth games. Also, my brother played the first two.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Ahh. I see. It was awhile ago so I know not everybody saw #3. That skydiving scene at the beginning of the game was just... woah, lol.
    Why can't someone make a good, fun city/colony/whatever builder where you just... build stuff without ridiculous levels of micro-management?
    Xylia
    Xylia
    No way to turn that off, that I know of... and sadly SC3K doesn't support widescreen resolutions anyways, lol. And as far as using highways and stuff like that, you can't even build highways until later in the game and then you gotta bulldoze/move a bunch of crap you already had placed, and said highways take up a ridiculous amount of space.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I wanna fill a whole 9 squares of nothing but concrete ('cept for some parks), lol. nothing but skyscrapers and such.
    king40606
    king40606
    That's why mods are a godsend. No pillars, unlock all roads from the start, infinite resources (omg I hate when those run out after an hour), and infinite money. I built to my hearts content.
    And unlock all, so I can have the fusion power plant, I'm not making 500 power plants k.
    (FF9) That moment when the 6-year old white mage out-damages the dragoon and knight with physical attacks.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Explanation of the above: got the Tiger Racket as early as possible (as soon as getting the ship). I don't think you were meant to have that ridiculous of a weapon that early in the game, lol.
    OFF
    OFF
    I believe that the magic power stat is taken in consideration for the rackets (but I might be wrong). Also, those things deal wind elemental damage, so it's technically not physical. Still, ff9 truly had some items that could cheese the game, if acquired earlier with the chocobo mini-game :3
    Xylia
    Xylia
    The Racket does indeed use the "Attack" stat; Eiko was doing just slightly less than Zidane who had about the same "Attack" stat at the time. And that Dragon Claw... *whistle* Amarant hits pretty hard with that thing if you grab it ASAP. Also, the single-digit damage on the mages while they're wearing those white/black robes is hilarious too.
    9:45AM IRL: Moon easily visible in the cloudless sky. I've NEVER seen the moon out at 9:45AM before.
    00Banshee00
    00Banshee00
    I have. And I have seen the Moon at 5PM. During summer. When the Moon usually rises at 8-9PM...
    king40606
    king40606
    Seriously? I can find the moon almost everyday in the winter. When it's clear of course. It's always there, just the white blends in with the blue sky.
    Never realized just how awesome of a weapon the regular Boomstick is. Doing a gun playthrough, and it's still going strong in the Dungeon.
    awesomegamer919
    awesomegamer919
    I personally like all the shotguns way too much. They do seem to shine against bossed unless you are stupid and use bullets that pierce/explode... Found that the hard way... stupid Eye when using meteor bullets X_X
    Xylia
    Xylia
    What's wrong with meteor bullets + shotgun on the eye? Worked just fine for me.
    awesomegamer919
    awesomegamer919
    Sorry bout l8 reply - meteor bullets cause a hit cooldown - only 1 or 2 bullets will hit...
    I want him to know about how I feel in response to his posts instead of just having him hear it from the moderators.
    Reactions: Xylia
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Ahh. Fair enough.
    I will have to say something about TCF Moderators: Thanks for not sucking like MMO-C moderators.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yup. You can scroll down nearly any thread and you can see some of THE most hateful steaming piles of filth and then suddenly this random dude has the red "Infracted." at the end of his post, and you're like "......wha?" And half of the time, there's this giant "BANNED" avatar on the guy's post.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    ....even though the guy didn't say anything worthy of an infraction. I tell you, their moderators are horrible.
    SnailsAttack
    SnailsAttack
    I know. Once you've been to the terraria forums, nothing is ever as good.
    After starting a game of FF9, it comes to my attention that in FFs, characters are either too strong or too weak. FF9 is the latter.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I forgot how tedious early-game is when only one group member can do any damage whatsoever...
    So unfortunately... Life Is Strange = Mass Effect 3 ... unless there's really something hidden or they patch it.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I really don't get why they say "Decisions Matter" and then put in a multiple choice ending that is the same no matter what you did during the events of the game. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the game, I just think the ending needed to be handled better than that.
    XenoCat
    XenoCat
    Yeah. I kind of agree. But.. still... the feels...
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yeah, the game has plenty of emotions, and heart-wrenching moments and such... but I just... nnngh. Don't tell me my decisions matter when I'm gonna get "Blue Pill or Red Pill!?" ending choice... lol.
    Life Is Strange Episode 5 is.. downloading! Yaaay. Prolly wont' get to play it until tomorrow tho, blaaah lol.
    XenoCat
    XenoCat
    Oh, oh, oh, oh, yes. YES YES YES.
    ALL THE YES.
    The Epitome of Waste: Use a 64-bit Win7 computer to emulate DOS to run Win3.1 so I can play an old 16-bit game.
    Reactions: ded acct
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Better than having a console, lol. Instead of "stuff that was made during 1990 doesn't work on something released in 2012 (?)" it is "Something released in 2010 doesn't work on something released in 2012." And hey, emulation is better than not being able to do it at all or having to run two different machines. There's probably architecture issues as to why a 64-bit OS cannot run 16-bit software.
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Looking at how much most emulators take, I'm quite sure Microsoft could have wasted the extra 40 MB of disk space to make it standard by now.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Meh, DOSBox doesn't take much at all, really and Win3.1... well I downloaded the CDImage of that in like 30 seconds, lol. Win3.1, the entire OS, is smaller than some mp3 files I've seen.
    This is my luckiest playthrough thusfar: Next Full Moon will give me the last item (Bandaid) I need for Ankh Shield Pre-Plantera!
    Crate Fishing is OP early hardmode, yeeesh. All kinds of mats, weapons, ore, just by standing in complete safety and throwing my line in.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    ... not to mention the 4-5 platinum in 3 game days just by opening crates..
    aWolfen
    aWolfen
    I completely skipped all of Hardmode mining and did not break a single altar with Crates.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I was aware you could open crates to skip altar smashing (I don't consider that 'skipping' Hardmode), but I did not realize that you could get all kinds of dust, crystals, and ichor by fishing biome crates. Not only those, but also Souls of Light/Night! Brought back like 3 Crimson Crates and wound up with 17 souls of night. lol
    So, apparently, SE managed to botch another FF port (5, this time). Blargh. You'd think they'd have learned by now...
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Kyouko Tsukino
    They should have learnt that they shouldn't bother at all - emulators exist.

They've been screwing up since Chrono Trigger PS1. As long as people buys them to see how bad a port it is, then they won't really mind improving.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    CT on PS1 was..... horrible. Those loading times were just "blarrrrgh". But yet, the game that came with it (#5 IIRC?) was actually done decently. But sadly there's no Emulators for After Years that I know of. I want the Wii-Style AY instead of this stupid low quality 3d version that they got on steam now... the one that looks like FF3 DS.
    Starwars, Schmarwars. I don't get what all the hype is all about to be honest. The movie'll probably suck like most late sequels do. (cont)
    Reactions: neoselket
    Xylia
    Xylia
    The only reason the first movie did so well is because at the time, nobody did action sci-fi anywhere near as well. Then, it did well and BAM, we started a huge franchise. But to be honest, the story itself... is kinda 'meh' when you think about it.
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Kyouko Tsukino
    "Peasant boy discovers he's actually the son of some uber knight form the ancient past and saves the kingdom... IN SPACE!"
    Xylia
    Xylia
    ... basically, yes. lol. Along with some other generic tropes sprinkled about. IMO, the main thing that made it awesome was the music score and the (back then) ridiculously well-done special effects. I suppose the cast was good too. Try some generic script nowadays with loads of CGI and no-name actors and you'll get a flop most likely. Oh wait, that's 90% of what H-Wood does these days...
    Why do ALL indie retro platformers think that the only people who wanna play their game are tryhards? (cont)
    Reactions: ded acct
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Kyouko Tsukino
    Fun thing is, actual platformers from the era they're failing to emulate correctly had a good difficulty curve, and the only "rogue" elements were caused by hardware limitations, not wanting to be a prick to the player.

It's the problem of trying to imitate something you don't really understand, I guess.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    With modern PCs and the fact we can have varying difficulty selections, I don't get why they don't leave the stupidity to Hard and make a smooth Normal, and an easy Easy instead of making the final stage/boss so outright ridiculous that you need to set it on Easy just to beat it... but if you do that the rest of the game is a snoozefest.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Or, yanno, allow us to change difficulty in mid-game so we don't fall asleep leading up to the last level or somesuch.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom