Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

Reactions: FlyKip
    InstaFiz
    InstaFiz
    Is that actually your channel?
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yeah. I mostly stream on twitch and then export because I have no video editing skills lol.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    BTW, Just got to the end of it, so my twitch channel has the video of rocket building/launching. I miraculously had almost everything I needed to build it 'cept for some common materials.
    Although your 1.3 Newcomer to Endgame guide is a bit out dated, I really enjoyed reading the finished work word for word. As a newcomer myself, I thought it was rather informative. When I googled good guides, it was the first link to pop up, and thus far as been the only reference I've used. Thanks for the time you put into this.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I'm no expert on Summoner obviously, but IIRC, isn't the Bee Armor the first actual summoner set? It seems rather intentional that all the sets start Post-EoW/BoC and that the EoW/BoC armor itself isn't really geared specifically to a set (though I think they have very minor melee bonuses) for that reason. I don't think you were meant to choose until after the 2nd boss.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Obviously stuff like Gypsy Robes etc notwithstanding because those aren't actual sets that you're going to go out and seek.
    The Unreal Commoner
    The Unreal Commoner
    I do believe the bee armor is the first summoner gear. But I'd have to kill the boss a couple of times to farm enough mats.
    So apparently discord can detect it's installed on another HDD and pull the settings automatically. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    THAT is good programming. Other developers should learn from that. I downloaded and installed discord in like 30 seconds, and all of my settings, etc were automatically restored on the new installation. More programs need to be like that.
    Altermaven🌸🎀
    Altermaven🌸🎀
    the broad amount of settings are stored in the OS drive's userdata folders, hence why Discord remembers what was what when you've set it up on another drive. To get to the data folder on Windows, type %APPDATA% in the location bar, and it will take you there.

(%appdata% usually sends you to: "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming")
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yeah, I reinstalled windows on my SSD and I left my HDD plugged in... and apparently discord knew to check appdata on the other HDD, lol. It probably just scans all the drives attached to the computer to see if it sees any windows installs or appdata folders or something.
    Mmh, so cousin bought me Trails in the Sky I believe the name of it is. Looks good so far! Been looking at the game off and on but (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    .....never actually made the move to go get it and play it. So yay!
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    It's a sequel series to Trails in the Sky. While I haven't played cold steel (yet) I absolutely love Trails in the sky and would expect cold steel to be a similar experience.

(Cold steel still sits in my backlog)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    OH! Haha, actually the one he got me was Trails in the Sky. Whoops. Edited the post to reflect that.
    So... I wonder if people realize that if you say it outright, #MeToo... # was once called the "Pound Key" before the whole Twitter (cont)
    That's what I miss about the JRPG Genre. I started playing Shadow Hearts: From the New World... (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    ....and I've put 10 hours on the clock with very little grinding (1h tops) and almost no side-questing whatsoever and I'm not quite half of the way through the game's storyline. But yet, newer JRPGs like FF12... I beat that game in 21h with a fair amount of dinking around with grinding, etc.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Newer JRPGs seem like they're full of side quests but the main quest feels shorter.. whereas older games had more meat in the main story with perhaps less side-questing. I think I liked the older JRPGs more, IMO.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I'm expecting to spend maybe 30-35h on this, from what I recall. So that's a good 50% more game, when comparing the two.
    I feel like a derp. haha. I have a Dualshock to USB adapter (had one for years), and I always thought that it didn't properly detect (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    .....the thumbsticks because I could never get Windows to see the thumbsticks. Here, it's been so long since I messed with PS1 games, that you have to actually push the analog button. I did that and suddenly, windows sees the DPad as a Hat Switch and the thumbsticks both work, just like that. So now I can emulate PS2 games! (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    And dude, the upscaling makes games look awesome even if a couple of my games have glitches because of it. Here's a sample of me messing around in a game: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/344764932 I can stream at 99%-103% FPS, even. The starts and stops are me fiddling with settings, but you get the idea.
    So apparently you can use a memory card to get most PS2 models to play .iso images from a LAN computer's HDD. That is so awesome. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I've always had terrible luck with Sony's cheap ODDs, that I've not been using my PSOne/PS2 much because the things go bad so often. But, I ordered one of these memory cards with FMCB installed on it. It's so weird that the system would check the memcard before the BIOS when looking for an OS to boot, lol.
    Blah. Not sure why Modmakers and Adventure Map makers think everybody is MLG. Some of us like to have some casual fun, you know...
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Not just platforming, I find a lot of adventure maps love handing you pretty much no armor whatsoever and then expect you to fight mobs that are almost hardmode strength, and large numbers of them at that. With armor worse than silver armor. Usually magic armor to boot.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    It's like... "here, have two pieces of jungle armor and a melee weapon, and fight these late normal mode enemies that spawn on a 3s timer in a tiny enclosed space, HAVE FUN!"
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Oh, and 100HP max and no hearts too, on top of that. lol.
    If anybody actually wanted to play Destiny2, they are giving it away for free until Nov 18th. Just need a BNET account and the launcher.
    So I finally got around to getting Hollow Knight, nearly 2 years after it came out. (cont)
    Reactions: neoselket
    Xylia
    Xylia
    The game's praises seem to be well-placed from what I've seen of it thusfar! This definitely looks like a game I'll have to play more of soon. It seems to get right what other games (such as Valdis Story) didn't.
    neoselket
    neoselket
    Awesome! If you need any help with it, feel free to ask me.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    So far been doing fine with it, I got most of the well area explored, and last thing I did was unlock the shop NPC that sells trinkets. Oddly, the map guy left a note saying he was with his wife, but I go up there and she's the only one at the shop..
    So... Catmaze is an awesome game. I played it for a couple hours, had a lot of fun with it, wrote a review, but... (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    .... but I had a problem with my controller messing up, and I posted a thread about it on Steam Discussions for that game, and in like 2 minutes I get a friend request from the dev, who took time out to personally help me through the problem (waiting to see if it works). Just.... wow. I'm entirely amazed at the excellent customer service.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Highly recommend checking the game out if you like 2D sidescrolling metroidvania with a dash of cute girls and cats.
    Dude, it has really been four years? Sure don't seem like it. I know I'm likely a day or two late but still!
    Reactions: Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Congratulations! You served the place excellently! `:D
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Eh, I mostly just lurk lol. But thanks for saying so!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom