• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
Xylia
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Any Olympic Athlete that disparages their government for any reason needs to be kicked out of the Games immediately and sent home. (cont)
    Reactions: Daikonradish
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I didn't dig into the stories, but more saw that and just had to eyeroll at that for a second.
    MiltVala
    MiltVala
    So being an Olympian means you have to support the leader? That's pretty un-American if you ask me. The whole government is based around checks and balances to make sure it isn't a supreme leader.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    The Olympics are about athletes representing their nations (which includes their leaders!) setting aside political grudges and such, and just competing in games. When you wear your nation's colors, you are representing your nation (and its leader). If you can't stand for your government... then don't go to the games, plain and simple.
    So I made the mistake of checking the Steam Discussions for Secret of Mana... *sigh*
    Xylia
    Xylia
    And that "It's a cheap phone game! I shouldn't have to pay $40 for it! Waaaaaah!!!" Seriously, they are taking a FULL LENGTH JRPG and redoing it from the ground up, with new art, new sounds, music, and even Voice Acting. For a Full. Length. Game.
    NightFuryis11
    NightFuryis11
    Expect people to be stupid about anything and everything they can.
    Bloonjitsu Grandmaster
    Bloonjitsu Grandmaster
    *Spoiled* Spoiled Rotten.
    So at some point, Windstream doubled my internet speed from 3Mbps to 6Mbps without even telling me. huh.
    Reactions: neoselket
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Well, whoever does should look into it at least somewhat -- speeds that low should not be happening unless something is drastically wrong. It could be something as simple as the networking equipment needing a simple restart.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    You're basically getting half of the speed dialup (the slowest kind of internet) gets. And unless you are on dialup (do you have to actually dial when you connect to the internet?), these speeds are a small fraction of what you should have.
    Bloonjitsu Grandmaster
    Bloonjitsu Grandmaster
    Ah, I Forgot To Mention, This House Lost Internet After I Bit The Modem.
    It Was A Small Modem.
    Where's this Global Warming that is supposedly going on? *looks outside, solid ice all over the windows and sides of the house* yeah..
    Small businesses complain about how hard it is to stay alive? Stop ripping people off. Seriously. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Our oven blew its main heating element last night. This morning, dad calls the local appliance fixit to see if they have any replacements for that model of oven, and we were quoted at "$30 and up". Eh, I can order it from Amazon for $15-20. I can understand a markup, but 80-100% markup is out of this world ridiculous. No wonder these places can't stay alive.
    The True Hero
    The True Hero
    they need to raise prices because they don't get nearly as many customers, so they have to increase costs to actually make a profit, but they get fewer sales due to higher prices.
    Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005) is $3.39 on Steam. It's probably better than EA's $60 version!
    Ooo. Saw the preview of an $80 art commission. Sadly can't show it on TCF... well might be able to crop it to her face only.
    Reactions: Daikonradish
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Uh. It's not finished yet, so you won't be finding it lol. Maybe I'll PM you how to find it once it is done.
    Hie the Badger
    Hie the Badger
    Quite a few previews are posted so thats why I asked.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    *nods* this is a rough sketch that was only sent to me via a private dropbox... but when the final version comes, I might crop her face to use as my new avatar and if you wanna see the rest, well... I can PM you where to find it.
    One of these days I need to get off my lazy duff and see if I can get a good Win98SE install running on Dosbox lol.
    FINALLY! An 80s song that has eluded me for years has finally been found an identified. (cont)
    Reactions: Kelp
    Xylia
    Xylia
    At least for me, anyways. And like I said, finally it came on while I was in the car (I only turn radio on for longer trips, like once a month) and that one line was JUST enough for me to find it.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    @Kelp : A... strange song lol. Though some of the riff sounded familiar like I'd heard it somewhere else.
    Hie the Badger
    Hie the Badger
    ... I had west end girls on a mix tape. I had a :red: ton of mix tapes but a lot of them were lost to time, lets say. I made quite a few of the tapes I had.
    I'm getting to where I am ashamed to call myself a video gamer these days. Honestly, people are so spoiled... (cont)
    Reactions: Blue the Swordsman
    FlyKip
    FlyKip
    i thought human eyes cant process 144 frames per second... hmmmm
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I don't think anybody really knows what the actual rate that human eyes can process. I don't think there's really a hard "limit", as it varies by person. That's why I usually just use the "Diminishing Returns" term, that as you get up past a certain point (60-80), you get less benefit the higher you go.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    But yet it takes increasingly more hardware to achieve it. Going from 80FPS up to 140+ FPS is a pretty significant strain on the hardware.
    I surely can't be the first person who noticed that the Destiny 2 logo looks like... (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    ...some sort of metal armor bikini with codpiece. I wonder if there's a joke to be had in there somewhere.
    So it's been 7 months since Pipeworks took over T:OW... kinda curious of anything ever came of that. I'm not expecting a release date (cont)
    Reactions: FlyKip
    Xylia
    Xylia
    ....or anything, but some news would be nice if they're making any progress whatsoever. Been kinda silent on that front, to be honest...
    [Okami] Slowly but surely they are releasing the older classics on PC.
    Doylee
    Doylee
    Dude if they put a GameCube/GameBoy emulator on the Switch they are going to be swimming in so much cash they might just drown. However, who knows. There might be trademark issues on how that sort of stuff may work in Japan or not, but that's just a theory.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Welp, either way, either they release it and let us pay for it, or we'll emulate it. Nintendo is very outspoken against emulation, but their answer to that is to have you buy the same game over and over and over again for each console they release.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Uh, no thanks. It doesn't work like that, not when the free option exists. I'll pay if it is reasonable to do so. Re-buying the same content for each new console is not reasonable. They could easily set up E-Shop so that it remembers what you've bought and what you haven't, but they choose not to.
    I hate it when crap just updates without asking you if you want to update. Now I'm sitting here without NoScript thanks to a (cont)
    Reactions: Lunatic Lobbyist
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Yeah, I was one of the lucky ones who clicked the "X" button instead of the "No Thanks" when GWX popups were a thing. Apparently some coder at Microsuk forgot about the "X" button to close windows, lol.
    Lunatic Lobbyist
    Lunatic Lobbyist
    You're right about everything of course -- not some, but ALL mandatory software updates as the bane of my existence.. Although (and I know I'm VERY late to this) on most of these programs and OS's you can fully disable updates, and all your headaches will be gone.
    Lunatic Lobbyist
    Lunatic Lobbyist
    I still use old un-updated Firefox 25 for some things. And I've fully disabled updates on Windows 10 -- yes it IS possible after taking extensive measures (among disabling about half of the damn OS's functionality, nearly all its bloat, and spyware), and it runs like a dream.
    [BoF1] Gotta love it when developers do an oops and let you have endgame armor a 3rd of the way through the game lol.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Basically long story short, there's a series of locked doors in an early-game dungeon, but once you get the thief you can open them. There's no real reason to come here until way later in the game, and at the very top of the tower there are two statues. (cont)
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Checking each statue will reward you with a very powerful item -- 2nd best armor for the hero, and a very powerful weapon for the thief. Said statues give no indication that they give items when checked, though, so you kinda have to just know they're there. But if you do know, these two items are quite OP for that part of the game.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom