Mobile [Windows Phone] Terraria crashes while launching after new update - 1.2.2.1

Terraria available in my windows 10 store on my lumia 640xl!! Downloading to see what happens. If you don't hear from me again it means im playing terraria

Mine works too now! But sometimes it crashes in game, which can be frustrating. Can't play for more than a couple of minutes before it crashes all down.
I used to play without problems before the update in another phone. Now I bough a slightly better one and it crashes. I think mine is 640. Hope they continue to work in the game and the compatibility issues.

Mine works too now! But sometimes it crashes in game, which can be frustrating. Can't play for more than a couple of minutes before it crashes all down.
I used to play without problems before the update in another phone. Now I bough a slightly better one and it crashes. I think mine is 640. Hope they continue to work in the game and the compatibility issues.
are you running windows 10? Mine crashes after a few minutes too.

are you running windows 10? Mine crashes after a few minutes too.
I think mine is WP 8.1....
What I did now was move the game from the SD Card to the phone`s memory. It got a whole lot better, to play and load the map. A lot faster too...
Even the crashes are fewer now... got 1 in 20 min of play... well, its something. :)

yeah. The sd card slows it down. Last time I heard terraria wasn't being developed for mobile 10. I could be wrong...

im still considering downgrading to 8.1. It worked better. Maybe because windows 10 mobile wasn't really designed around the 640 but rather the newer generation of phones.

yeah. The sd card slows it down. Last time I heard terraria wasn't being developed for mobile 10. I could be wrong...

im still considering downgrading to 8.1. It worked better. Maybe because windows 10 mobile wasn't really designed around the 640 but rather the newer generation of phones.
I downgraded to windows 8.1 and it works fine, no crashes or anything. Maybe because all i only have one world and it is a normal one, not expanded.

i think it is stupid. i downgraded my 930 to 8.1, installed terraria, and upgraded back to w10. It works fine on my 930. But the thing is, i want to play terraria on my lumia 950xl.

Well this just makes me jealous - no update for me (Lumia 530) and its not showing up in store, is this cos I have less than 1g ram or whatever?

possibly the ram. I have a 640xl and even though it has a gig of ram a large portion is being used by windows 10. It runs ok but it crashes every 4-10 minutes. I suspect it might be the ram. Ill downgrade to windows 8.1 this weekend and see if it improves at all.

I've noticed some minor bugs too. Where can I report those? You think its wise lol? Updating seems dangerous...

I would recommend reporting bugs by posting what you find in the most recent Mobile news threads. :)

not showing up in my marketplace. I know its not the ram, I'm using the 950xl with win10 and that has 3gb, plus an octa-core processor, so the game prolly won't crash on me, unless the crashing has nothing to do with phone specs. If i could only download it though.

Hi, i bought Terraria last December, for my Lumia 630, it didn't work. I waited for the patch.

Now i can't even install the game, because it was removed from the store for my phone.

I know that right now i can't run the game because my phone only had 512 RAM, and it requires at least 1 GB (this was not a requirement at the time i bought it).

I'm not here for the money I spent, but for answer as a consumer. I bought something, I got excluded from being able to use it, what I'm supposed to do? Just forget about it?

edit: grammar

My understanding is that the newest update (today) enabled support for W10 devices and re-enabled it being able to be downloaded for <1gb WP devices - with the HUGE caveat/warning that anyone using low memory devices may experience substantial performance issues.

Is this not the case (have you checked today)? If so, I'll be happy to ask about it. :)

Back
Top Bottom