PC Fully Automated Portal Gun Station Player Catapult

JereTheJuggler

Spazmatism
Don't even need to be holding a portal gun for it to work.

And here is the wiring

zIcVQen.png

Starts off by firing the top dart trap, which hits 8 pressure plates that all make the gun rotate clockwise, which calibrates the gun's rotation by making it rotate clockwise as much as possible. The dart then hits 3 plates making it rotate counter-clockwise (one of which turns the slope in front of it off), a plate that makes it fire, a plate that changes its color, three more plates that make it rotate clockwise, and then a plate that triggers the middle trap.

The middle trap hits a plate that makes it fire again, and when the gun fires it hits a pressure plate behind the fist slope that toggles it back on, as well as turning off the platforms the player is standing on, so the player now enters the portal loop that has been created. The dart continues and hits a plate that changes the gun's color and then another that triggers the bottom dart trap.

The bottom dart trap simply hits another plate that makes the gun fire, causing the player to be launched, and then a final plate to turn the platforms back on.

The reason there are so many darts is simply for the sake of saving space, because there is a cooldown that is rather aggravating for firing the portal gun via wire. This cooldown does not exist for when a player simply fires the gun by right clicking it, which in my opinion makes it even more annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say, What's the furthest distance it can launch you?
I suppose I could probably test it myself if I took the time to replicate it all.. But for now, I'll take your word

Say, What's the furthest distance it can launch you?
I suppose I could probably test it myself if I took the time to replicate it all.. But for now, I'll take your word
I didn't really do testing to see if I get to top falling speed in this setup, but what you see in the gif (somewhere between 110-120 is what this usually gets. The only thing that can cause variance is where exactly you stand on the platforms. Standing farther left makes you go to about 120, while standing farther right makes you go to about 110, so there's really not too much of a difference either way.

I didn't really do testing to see if I get to top falling speed in this setup, but what you see in the gif (somewhere between 110-120 is what this usually gets. The only thing that can cause variance is where exactly you stand on the platforms. Standing farther left makes you go to about 120, while standing farther right makes you go to about 110, so there's really not too much of a difference either way.

Alright, I suppose I'll have to see about testing it at some point in my free time, Thank you for iterating that at the very least

Back
Top Bottom