Showcase [Showcase] Guitar Hero in Terraria

idkwhoiam129

Steampunker
GUITAR HERO IN TERRARIA

Guitar Hero is a rhythm game in which a player uses a controller to simulate playing the guitar. I decided to build it in Terraria, so here we go! Note that this game does not work in multiplayer.

Download: http://bit.ly/29Mw6Mw

Display
b21281002b.png

Note Shifting
e1abdc4221.png

Score Counter
6585135441.png

Wait. What if I will start a server with 2 persons. Each one tryes the game and the winner is the one with the bigger score. Wouldn't this work?

Damn, that game is hard.

Impressive design though. If you don't mind a little critique, the main improvement I think it could use is some kind of state indicator. Sometimes I found it difficult to be sure whether the game still resetting, starting or what. Ideally there could be some kind of "Ready, Set, GO!" signal at the beginning too, even if it's just a few torches that light up in sequence. By the way, if you're not satisfied with the announcement box for the last sound, how about some sort of cannon?

Last edited:
Wait. What if I will start a server with 2 persons. Each one tryes the game and the winner is the one with the bigger score. Wouldn't this work?
The reason it does not work in multiplayer is because of how portal gun stations work. The shift registers require portal gun stations in order to function properly. But in mutliplayer, portal gun stations will only be fired if a player either directly clicks it or a player activates a wire directly connected to it. The game uses portal gun stations hooked up to a timer, and because they are not acivated in multiplayer, it will not work in multiplayer, sadly.

Damn, that game is hard.

Impressive design though. If you don't mind a little critique, the main improvement I think it could use is some kind of state indicator. Sometimes I found it difficult to be sure whether the game still resetting, starting or what. Ideally there could be some kind of "Ready, Set, GO!" signal at the beginning too, even if it's just a few torches that light up in sequence. By the way, if you're not satisfied with the announcement box for the last sound, how about some sort of cannon?
It can get pretty difficult :p I originally had it in a 1 second timer, but that was wayyy too absurd. I was thinking of using a cannon, but on the wiki it said the sound had a delay, as if the cannon had a "fuse". And I probably could make a few changes to it. Like, a green color if it is on, yellow if it is resetting or about to start, and a red if it is off. I had a few other suggestions from Vis, like making it so you have more than 1 life. Although personally, I like the idea of having 1 life. After a bit of practice, the game gets pretty easy, and multiple lives would make it too easy. She also suggested music boxes when it starts, but I think that would detract from the "notes" being played.

Back
Top Bottom