Mobile Game crashing/freezing around 15 minutes in.

ChaosCore

Terrarian
I am not sure if it has to do with the time, because sometimes it varies. I do know that it usually happens when I am underground digging tunnels. It's as if the app can't deal with everything that is going on and it freezes and sometimes it just crashes immediately.

Your device has 3GB of RAM which should be enough.

Do you have lots of other apps running?

Last edited:
Not really, barely actually. But when I checked my ram, it said I had 70% of it used (1.9GB) but no applications running. It said it was from System and Apps.

Not really, barely actually. But when I checked my ram, it said I had 70% of it used (1.9GB) but no applications running. It said it was from System and Apps.
That's odd - it could be the reason however.
3GB total - 1.9GB always used = 1.1GB: not enough for Terraria.

I suggest looking into various task manager apps to see if you can use those to free up some ram. You need at least 2GB to play stably.

Well I'm not sure if that's the case, but I do have some more information on the crash. Just realised that it is crashing far more often now that I am in HardMode and have more chests + items. It crashes a lot when I open chests and view one and another etc.

I searched about the ram issue and it's quite normal that all samsung galaxy users have around 55-65% ram being used. Think is I remember I played this on my Galaxy s3 which is a crappy phone, but it didn't crash like it does now....

I searched about the ram issue and it's quite normal that all samsung galaxy users have around 55-65% ram being used. Think is I remember I played this on my Galaxy s3 which is a crappy phone, but it didn't crash like it does now....
Presumably you played it before the RAM requirements increased.

In theory rooting your phone and installing a custom ROM could improve your performance. However, it is important you know what you are doing when rooting a device, and I don't encourage it if you're not 100% confident on it.

Won't Rooting my phone disable certain things? Does it have some cons to it besides the chance of me messing up my phone if I don't know what I'm doing?

KingRoot is an app. No complicat3d steps. Just tap the center button in the main menu. Rooting allows almsot full customization of your phone.

I recommend you guys take this to a PM; it is getting a bit off topic. You can then report back if it works!

True. Another update on the issue: Crashes happen much more regularly when I open my inventory and look at the recipes (weapons/accessories etc). It opens the tab and it's about to load the huge list but then it just freezes.

True. Another update on the issue: Crashes happen much more regularly when I open my inventory and look at the recipes (weapons/accessories etc). It opens the tab and it's about to load the huge list but then it just freezes.
Yes, that's because it runs of out RAM when it tries to load them all. I've heard creating a new char with less discovered recipes can help.

Back
Top Bottom