Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
again...ENGINE SOFTWARE DID NOT do the Nintendo versions. CodeGlue did. 3DS/WiiU is like a mashup between mobile and console. Engine had virtually no part in the Nintendo versions.

yep. you can use items, swing weapons and tools, jump off like you should be able to, the velocity was spot on to the PC version right out of the gate. We still get the fishing quests the Vita does, still get critters. I don't think a lot of you know how much they actually managed to fit on a system about half as powerful as the Vita is.
Dude VITA needs that feature. In fact, everyone needs that feature. If 3DS can have it we all should have it. This is nuts, I thought 3DS version is VITA version with a lot of touchscreen improvements

The vitas still a very powerful handheld:)

Sony touted the PS Vita as a mobile PS3 and for the most part, I would agree. That leads us to the RAM in question which has been posted numerous times through the 25 pages of the thread, it only has 512MB of RAM. That is not enough.
I bought it also hoping for a little longer use for newer games, but it has its limitations. It is a great device to play Terraria on and a finished 1.24 update will be nice. I do hope they can get some of the 3DS feature added like the minecart with weapon use and other like @Ignis55 has just posted.

I have multiple versions of the game. I have PC, PS4, PS3, Vita, and 3DS. All are awesome in their own respective rights. 3DS actually did have more than the Vita version did when it came out. Vita didn't have Minecarts or Fishing for that matter at the time.

@Ignis55, I really wish you could cross play vita with 360, just wishes though. I'm excited for a wrap up of older devices getting a good 1.24 finish!

PS I really hope the Windows phone version can be optimized, I have one phone with 2GB RAM and another with 1GB RAM.

Last edited:
First,i like to thank you everyone of you guys for these wonderful years of Terraria support!
I understand the choice for Vita,but is possible to at least add the 4 final armors and their specific weapons or this will break the game too?You guys could put the armors sets in some type of shop at high price or something like this,please make a consideration!
Thanks!!!

Last edited:
all good ideas and I'm sure they're considering them but as far as Engine is obligated is just the bugfix update

Actually, the Wii U has 2GB of RAM, shouldn't it be fine?
It only really has 1GB-1.50 (idk) to use because it needs like 1-0.5 to run it's backgroud stuff so the wii u is kinnda running on the requirements for mobile. It's truely amazing though that develpoers at Nintendo can make games like Xenoblade chronices x on wii u and still have it look good

Ok so I've uploaded my Xbox 360 characters and worlds to the cloud, I don't have an Xbox one yet (should be getting it in a few weeks or so), will I have to buy terraria again for Xbox one or can I move the game over too?

Ok so I've uploaded my Xbox 360 characters and worlds to the cloud, I don't have an Xbox one yet (should be getting it in a few weeks or so), will I have to buy terraria again for Xbox one or can I move the game over too?
You will need to buy the game again. As for moving your saves, I'm not sure it's possible to access the 360 cloud from an xbox one. I think they are separate. Engine added a function where you can move characters/worlds one by one by selecting one world/character and pressing right trigger. So you will need to have both the 360 and XB1 hooked up for a time.

You will need to buy the game again. As for moving your saves, I'm not sure it's possible to access the 360 cloud from an xbox one. I think they are separate. Engine added a function where you can move characters/worlds one by one by selecting one world/character and pressing right trigger. So you will need to have both the 360 and XB1 hooked up for a time.

I've done the right trigger thing to my main character and world, so when I get the xb1 what will I have to do to get them?

I've done the right trigger thing to my main character and world, so when I get the xb1 what will I have to do to get them?
I haven't done it myself yet as I'm in the same boat as you (I'm also on 360), but from what I've read you simply select an empty character/world slot and then press the trigger to download your uploaded character/world.
BTW it was the LEFT trigger, not right trigger. My bad :p

@Ignis55, I really wish you could cross play vita with 360, just wishes though. I'm excited for a wrap up of older devices getting a good 1.24 finish!

PS I really hope the Windows phone version can be optimized, I have one phone with 2GB RAM and another with 1GB RAM.
Same here dude my Lumia has 1 GB of RAM hope that's enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom