tAPI Grox The Great's Mods o' Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies in advance if this is apparently a tAPI glitch. I have only just begun to delve into the Terraria modding community now with this very mod.

When I a softcore or mediumcore character I made dies whilst running the basemod and Grealm mod (which otherwise work fine), all items and coins are permanently lost. They are never shown dropping from my character (save for the gravestone), they are nowhere to be found around the site of my grave, etc. My characters otherwise respawn as normal.

I am playing on singleplayer, I attempted to create new worlds and new characters to see if it was a contained glitch, but all have the same issue.

The only adjustments I have made to vanilla Terraria is the 3.2.1.4 Game Launcher, tAPI r12 and the most recent basemod/Grealms. A few hours of work went down the drain over this. :(

Seems like GRealm and extra accessory slots don't play nice together. I've updated GRealm and GBase to 1.0.2, and I've got the latest version of extra accessory slots. I've cleared my config file. Is there anything I can do, or will I have to go without? :sigh:
if u want to know that happen to me sometimes i just need to restart the game

1. How many slots of AccSlots are you using?
2. Did you do anything specific to cause this, or does it just pop up immediately?
3. Did you load his mod first or my mod, and did you turn one or the other off and/or on during this run of the game? I have a suspicion about this.
Two slots originally, changed to three after discovering the mod options. I've got a pair of flurry boots (with a suffix, from the suffix mod) in slot one.
The error only pops up when I load the world. I had changed the ordering of the mods and reloaded them beforehand because I kept getting invisible sprites.
I have Basemod and GRealm loaded first, then Shockah's mods, then a collection of misc mods. The misc mods include Eikster's decoration mod, Elemental Boots, and Item Suffixes. Previously, I had Dynamic Difficulty, but I removed it when I discovered that it was causing crashes and player data corruption. (Note that I discovered the last thing a little too late; it crashed and wiped my player data about 2 hours into a new character.)

Edit - Don't know what I did to fix it, but everything's working fine now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Apologies in advance if this is apparently a tAPI glitch. I have only just begun to delve into the Terraria modding community now with this very mod.

When I a softcore or mediumcore character I made dies whilst running the basemod and Grealm mod (which otherwise work fine), all items and coins are permanently lost. They are never shown dropping from my character (save for the gravestone), they are nowhere to be found around the site of my grave, etc. My characters otherwise respawn as normal.

I am playing on singleplayer, I attempted to create new worlds and new characters to see if it was a contained glitch, but all have the same issue.

The only adjustments I have made to vanilla Terraria is the 3.2.1.4 Game Launcher, tAPI r12 and the most recent basemod/Grealms. A few hours of work went down the drain over this. :(

This is most likely a tAPI bug; i'll look into it. (I am a tAPI dev!)

Two slots originally, changed to three after discovering the mod options. I've got a pair of flurry boots (with a suffix, from the suffix mod) in slot one.
The error only pops up when I load the world. I had changed the ordering of the mods and reloaded them beforehand because I kept getting invisible sprites.
I have Basemod and GRealm loaded first, then Shockah's mods, then a collection of misc mods. The misc mods include Eikster's decoration mod, Elemental Boots, and Item Suffixes. Previously, I had Dynamic Difficulty, but I removed it when I discovered that it was causing crashes and player data corruption. (Note that I discovered the last thing a little too late; it crashed and wiped my player data about 2 hours into a new character.)

Edit - Don't know what I did to fix it, but everything's working fine now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Suffixes seems to be one of the root causes (along with the accessory slots themselves), not sure what to do about this. I am happy you got it working though!

Could I make a suggestion for the Kopesh of the Pharoh? Could you make it so Platinum bars could be used in the crafting recipe? People with the alt ores get kinda screwed.

Crap, I knew I forgot something. I'll change it to use the itemgroup for that right away! >.<

Ok, how do you use the Inverter Tome? I've been wondering now, since I've crafted it a few minutes ago.

This is actually a deprecated tile. You'll notice it has no crafting recipe; you prolly got it via FCM. This tile used to convert corrupted stuff into hallowed stuff and vise-versa (ebonstone <-> pearlstone, souls of night <-> souls of light) at the cost of pixie dust, but it wasn't really worth it and felt kind of pointless. The reason it's in there at all is because I may want to rework the concept when I have time. I *might* make it have an option to convert to the type you DONT have (ie stick corruption in it -> crimson), it seems like a much better use and a valid way to get crimson in a corrupt world and vise versa.

ALSO, IMPORTANT:

I made a massive error when it comes to the zombie invasion: it's still on 'dev mode', which means it ignores boss checks and just spawns everything, which will make trying it early on much more dangerous as all they will be expecting molten tier (prehardmode) and endgame tiers (hardmode) instead of the correct ones. I will release a fix as soon as possible, I am sorry for this! Do not attempt the hardmode invasion until you've killed plantera at least or you will be destroyed by the invasion.

Last edited:
The original idea behind it was you could get it early if you put the work into getting it, and I mean a LOT of work. I wonder if it's too common from the travelling merchant - should I make it rarer? At the very least i'm going to have it not show up until Skeletron or the Queen Bee or the Wall of Flesh has been killed (basically if one is dead it will start appearing). That will at the very least prevent you from getting it *very* early if you spam the extractinator.

I could, ofc, go with a third option - having an upgraded set you get in hardmode and a weaker one prehardmode, although i'd like to avoid that.
That would make sense, have it a activate if an event is triggered that proves you close enough to Molten to be able to choose without making it be able to skip 5 tiers like I did, like beating Skeletron, Queen Bee, Folivine, or WoF.
That said, after that, giving it more uses would be welcome.

That would make sense, have it a activate if an event is triggered that proves you close enough to Molten to be able to choose without making it be able to skip 5 tiers like I did, like beating Skeletron, Queen Bee, Folivine, or WoF.
That said, after that, giving it more uses would be welcome.
i want to say folivine i dont have killed it with horde item affluant armor (and fitness pants) so i think folivine is good enough the problem is if u are in hardmode that will be hard to find stinger and with all those tortoise its hard (also with the setup u have seen last time i have made the hardmode horde only kill some until i got bone musket its a real powa)

its a craft with 10 undying flesh and 25 wood use it at night and *brainnz* the horde are coming

Seems that grealm works fine with tapi r13a, well, all my mods do :D . Which seems is all of up-to-date mods on this new forum.

Hord invasion lagged like mad (maybe 5 seconds per frame), and then tAPI spat out this error:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at GRealm.NPCs.Zombies.AI()
at Terraria.NPC.AI()
at Terraria.NPC.UpdateNPC(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(GameTime gameTime)

EDIT: I'm running tAPI r13a.

Last edited:
Hord invasion lagged like mad (maybe 5 seconds per frame), and then tAPI spat out this error:

at Terraria.NPC.AI()

I am not a modder, but i think that is because of tapi r13a...
So, it doesnt work perfectly fine with r13a... Did you had this issue before in r12 of tapi if you used grealm in it?

at Terraria.NPC.AI()

I know what this is: a mob ran out of the screen, causing a error because there is no code to support it being out of that area.
[DOUBLEPOST=1414794035][/DOUBLEPOST]
How to find advance circuitry?
It's a drop from Zombinator which is a mob in the Horde Invasion. Be careful, this mob hits quite hard.

I know what this is: a mob ran out of the screen, causing a error because there is no code to support it being out of that area.
[DOUBLEPOST=1414794035][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's a drop from Zombinator which is a mob in the Horde Invasion. Be careful, this mob hits quite hard.
Not at all.
The code is trying to get element 5 in a list with length 2 (for example).

Wait, this was posted LAST WEEK?! How could I miss this? :eek:

Anyway, really glad to see this here now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom