Weapons & Equip Thoughts & Ideas on Updating Terraria

MoongladeGeist

Terrarian
Thoughts & Ideas on Updating Terraria

I don't know how or what the Devs are thinking but I believe they're missing out on allot of cool stuff they could be doing with the game. I'm glad to see that they have been making bug fixes and over (sadly) HUGE time gaps add a few little new things here and there. Probably just my imagination but it seems that the Devs don't seem to have a great interest in working on Terraria anymore?

Where to expand next? I think that's the biggest problem for the Devs. Why else would they go and try to make a new game spun off of Terraria? And it's my impression that it wasn't accepted well? Back to where it could be expanding. What about space? I know there was "Martian Invasion" event added but I don't think space has been exploited enough. How about expanding the area in space that can be explored? Imagine all the new enemies that you could encounter, all the different weapons, armor suits, rides and mining on asteroids! There's many directions you could go there!

Now for some stuff a little closer to Earth. I know there's allot of Npcs already but there could be more right? I mean where do all the Zombies come from? And what about the dungeon??? How come there's a dungeon without a kingdom? That could be a really cool expansion. A abandoned kingdom that a few survivors could be wandering in. Imagine all the loot the Devs could hide in that! there could be a mini boss too! A slumbering undead king of a forgotten time perhaps?~
Why not move on to the Old West too? They're working on updating the desert bio-me right? Why not add the chance of a small ghost town generating when the world is being created? Nothing too huge maybe 3 or 4 small buildings?
But since there's mummy's running around the desert why not more Egyptian styled stuff? That's a area barely touched. There could be a load of new weapons, enemies and vanity items for a expanded Egyptian theme.

I probably could go on and on about ideas for Terraria but I think I'll stop here. To complete this thread I'll make a list of some of the items that I think should or could be added.

WEAPONS:
Food Fight! (A thrown melee weapon of assorted food items. Damage 40-60?. Mid-game weapon?)

Slime Sludger (A ranged weapon that shoots globs of slime. The slime causes small enemies to slow down and has a damage of 20-30. Uses slime gel as ammo.)

ARMOR/Vanity:
Mecha Suit Armor (A mech/mobile suit style armor set that's high in defense, around 70-80. Set bonus? Super fast movement speed?)

SWAT Armor (A completed SWAT style armor set. Imagine all the characters you could make with that by adding a few dyes.)

MOUNTS:
Whirly Bird (Basically one of those old bubble like helicopters. Mid-range on speed and limited on the capable flying distance.
A mount acquirable later in the game.)

Ace Fighter (A insanely fast jet fighter plane styled mount that limits the player to using rockets with 50-70 damage?
Post Moon Lord and only available in expert.)

Hover Car (A mount styled after a regular car [retro 50s-70s would be awesome] that has rocket boosters instead of wheels.
Parts could be sold by the npcs after you defeat the Wall of Flesh. Slow to medium speed.)

ITEMS:
Owl Goggles (A equitable item similar to night vision goggles that would give a player a small purple tinted viewing areaing at night.)

Flashlight (A light source that's put into your weapon/tool slots instead of the light slot. Should give off a fair amount of life
but it should be dependent on your mana like a battery.)

Bang Muffler (A equitable item for rangers to silence their weapons for better stealth fight. It should reduce ranged damage by
15 or 25%.)

BUILDING MATERIALS:
Elevator Pad [A automated pad that could go up and down ropes/chains/poles. There's teleporters, conveyor belts and much more Terraria already has, why not elevators?]

NPCS:
The Banker (A NPC that loans you money in exchange for items that you can retrieve later at a higher cost. Basically a NPC version of a pawn shop.)

Tut Tut (A ancient un-dead Egyptian Pharaoh, but he's friendly. Spawns only in worlds that have a Pyramid and only after you find/explore the Pyramid.)

OTHER SUGGESTIONS:
Improve the stealth modes on the current armors that have such feature. As far as I can tell all it does is turn you invisible, it doesn't actually hide you from a enemy's detection. That needs to change.

Well that's about it for now, I'll post more ideas to this thread when I think of them. I hope you like some of my ideas and I would like to know what you think. Sorry if everything seems jumbled or the grammar isn't correct. X'D

P.S. I wasn't sure where to put this so I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong spot.

Thoughts & Ideas on Updating Terraria

I don't know how or what the Devs are thinking but I believe they're missing out on allot of cool stuff they could be doing with the game. I'm glad to see that they have been making bug fixes and over (sadly) HUGE time gaps add a few little new things here and there. Probably just my imagination but it seems that the Devs don't seem to have a great interest in working on Terraria anymore?

Where to expand next? I think that's the biggest problem for the Devs. Why else would they go and try to make a new game spun off of Terraria? And it's my impression that it wasn't accepted well? Back to where it could be expanding. What about space? I know there was "Martian Invasion" event added but I don't think space has been exploited enough. How about expanding the area in space that can be explored? Imagine all the new enemies that you could encounter, all the different weapons, armor suits, rides and mining on asteroids! There's many directions you could go there!
Currently, Terraria is using an outdated coding system, that is at its limit.

Back
Top Bottom