Preparing for the invasion

ManaUser

Brain of Cthulhu
Has anyone given thought to starting a new game, or other preparations for the DD2 crossover update? It's a little hard to decide since we don't know what "level" the new content is, though I kind of get the impression it's not necessarily meant to be endgame. One thing you will probably want is a centralized defensible base. For instance my last game where I gave everybody separate houses is probably not ideal.

It'll probably be worth putting your NPCs somewhere very far away from the eligible areas for invasion. Or away from where you're going to be doing the fighting.

I'm still yet to get the new Desert content...

I'll probably use existing worlds for it. I don't really have the time to play through a new world. I tried that before and it didn't work too well - just too much to do with not enough time. The worlds are well-prepared for other invasions, Solar Eclipse and Moon events, so I assume they'll be suitable for the DD2 event. Plus I doubt the new content/enemies will be able to withstand Moon Lord-tier gear! :)

But we'll have to wait and see exactly what the update brings. (Don't have to wait long - 5 days until the planned release at the time of writing.)

I'm thinking about doing a role-playing world for it, provided it's not endgame. I'd like to be able to defend my base and whatnot throughout the course of the playthrough.

I'm still yet to get the new Desert content...
Don't feel too bad about it, I haven't either.

I'm thinking about doing a role-playing world for it, provided it's not endgame. I'd like to be able to defend my base and whatnot throughout the course of the playthrough.

I was thinking of something along those lines too. Maybe go with a knight motif or something. Unfortunately since we still don't know exactly how the new content will fit in, I haven't made any more specific plans yet. I guess I may have to wait until it comes out to actually to start anything. Like you said, if it turns out to be endgame I'm not sure I'll have the patience for a new character; I did a complete play-through to experience the desert stuff just recently.

I wanna make new "main" world and build better painting and costume exhibitions, but I'm not sure, since future updates may add something cool to world gen.

I really wanted to do a throwing class playthrough since that is the only one I haven't done out of the major damage types, but I don't really want to do it without the aid of awesome mods like nightmare unleashed and thorium, among others. But I have no clue how this update will affect the mods so today could end up being a sad day for me. I am also not done with my current modded playthrough :/

Unless it's an instanced event... then:

Lava everywhere
Fortunately the Old Ones Army is immune to most obstacles, lava they are immune to, conveyors and teleporters dont impact them, they dont trigger pressure plates, they pass through blocks and the ice wand doesnt stop then, its uncheesable.

That being said, the Old Ones Army has multiple tiers, tier 1 is Post-Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu, tier 2 is 1 mech-boss dead, tier 3 is Post-Golem.

Tier 1 contains 3 enemy types, Etherian Goblin, Etherian Javelin-er (or something) and the Dark Mage, super simple and easy to beat!

Tier 2 contains alot more, and a new boss, I dont know the exact mobs for the tier 2 but I know the boss, the Ogre. The Ogre has 3 attacks, stomp, spit and smash. Stomp does alot of damage infront of it. Spit launches a boss of snot at ya, slowing you down. Smash is just a club hit that does pretty intense damage. Ogre drops good stuffs.

Tier 3 is where it gets interesting... the final boss arrives, and she is a doozy. Bertha is a dragon, with duke fishron levels of difficulty, with tons of epic loot and attacks.
I will let you get the loot yourselves, but just know it wont be easy!

Good luck fighting the army terrarians!

Fortunately the Old Ones Army is immune to most obstacles, lava they are immune to, conveyors and teleporters dont impact them, they dont trigger pressure plates, they pass through blocks and the ice wand doesnt stop then, its uncheesable.
They do trigger pressure plates though. I had spear traps in my arena linked to pressure plates and they set them off.
I removed them later on. The damage they did was neglectible and I felt they only got in the way of my own damage dealing, providing enemies with moments of invincibility.
(I could be wrong about the last part, found it hard to test.)

My favourite setup is placing one Lightning Aura (Staff, Demonic) over the altar, then throughout the waves I start placing 8 more Lightning Auras, 4 on each side.
Then in the last two waves I'll have 6 Ballistas (Staff, Mythical) surrounding the altar.
I can then basically ignore anything that comes up in the final wave while I have a private fight with Betsy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom