1.3.4 is LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys should make the war table move the camera over the crystal stand so you can see both portals and be able to place senterys on the ground from the war table remotely.

I know you guys problem hate this kind of question, because it almost inevitably turns out to be pure RNG, but is there any possibility Nazars are bugged or have gotten rarer? I just spent several hours trying to get one (Hardmode, but pre-Plantera, Normal difficulty), and I've now killed 550 cursed skulls without getting a single one. I calculate the odds of that happening as less than 1%. Granted some of that time was AFK farming, so it's possible one did drop only to get deleted somewhere in there, but mostly I've been pretty careful. I don't recall ever having such a hard time with that item before.

I found a bug with Xenopopper: I can't shoot it and it says on quickbar that I have 0 ammo, even though i have Musket Pouch and 2 stacks of special bullets.

ooh really? Well I will keep trying then :) Played through once and no luck. Goblin Invasion was stubborn too.
It's there. I had to try the event again too, but got it the second time. :)
I know you guys problem hate this kind of question, because it almost inevitably turns out to be pure RNG, but is there any possibility Nazars are bugged or have gotten rarer? I just spent several hours trying to get one (Hardmode, but pre-Plantera, Normal difficulty), and I've now killed 550 cursed skulls without getting a single one. I calculate the odds of that happening as less than 1%. Granted some of that time was AFK farming, so it's possible one did drop only to get deleted somewhere in there, but mostly I've been pretty careful. I don't recall ever having such a hard time with that item before.
You're just unlucky.
I found a bug with Xenopopper: I can't shoot it and it says on quickbar that I have 0 ammo, even though i have Musket Pouch and 2 stacks of special bullets.
I've seen it been reported and will be fixed in the next hotfix. :)

Really liking the new blizzard. Great sound, reduced visibility... nice job. :)
Edit: Definitely my favourite biome now. Thinking of turning my home into a winter wonderland. (The work needed though... Ai caramba.)

Last edited:
@Leinfors: Apparently there's a bug with the Huntress's Buckler. Unlike the other three new accessories, it doesn't seem to work with the Spider Queen Staff (and possibly other old sentries).

Regarding my post from above about rain spawns, everything looked fine today. Which means it was just some kind of fluke.

What is this, World of Warcraft? You're not an MMO, tell us what you're fixing instead of giving us this nebulous "fixed two exploits". If they're fixed, then it doesn't matter.

Barely defeated the event on my second attempt. This was with endgame gear though, and the first attempt was without buffs. You can still beat the event after death. I think my char died at about 97% of the 7th wave, but the number crept up to 101% when I had resurrected in the base. I guess the sentries must have finished the boss up before the crystal was destroyed.

@ManaUser, I'm afraid you've just had bad luck. I went and tried to confirm this personally, and got a Nazar off of the 9th or 10th Cursed Skull I killed.

Nazars (and Bezoars) are best obtained before hardmode, in my experience. Bezoars got some help by being dropped by Toxic Sludge outside the jungle.

The Cursed Skulls spawn less frequently in Hardmode because of the introduction of new mobs in the same area (and even more infrequently post-Plantera).

I usually get at least 2-3 Nazars just by looting the Dungeon pre-hardmode. I know that doesn't help you now, but something to keep in mind for the next playthrough. I'm not sure about your math, but they only have a 1% drop chance in Normal mode anyway. It's almost certainly bad luck with the RNG.

While building a 2 block wide helevator i would place a single block above me to keep slimes from dropping in on me. I noticed i can grapple past the block with the ivy vine grapple. Essentially grappling thru a 1 block space. Has this always been the case or is it caused by the update? Once i noticed my character sinking into a 1 block opening, and mobs occasionally drop thru them to. Could the way the old ones bypass walls in the event be affecting the game mechanics?

I think that happened during one of the last game updates, not this one. My char can now just enter my usual early pirate invasion room by jumping through the one block hole I leave in the bottom floor.

Last edited:

Need more prayers dedicated to me.

Don't worry, it'll drop eventually.

While building a 2 block wide helevator i would place a single block above me to keep slimes from dropping in on me. I noticed i can grapple past the block with the ivy vine grapple. Essentially grappling thru a 1 block space. Has this always been the case or is it caused by the update? Once i noticed my character sinking into a 1 block opening, and mobs occasionally drop thru them to. Could the way the old ones bypass walls in the event be affecting the game mechanics?

Yeah, that's been a thing for a while now, occasionally use it when underground and can't be bothered switching to a mining tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom