PC crash after restoring from minimized

macks2008🌳

Terrarian
I don't know of anything about the game state that may have caused this. I had just reconnected to my remotely hosted private server, and minimized the game while I was connecting. It was minimized several minutes before crashing instantly when I tried to restore the window. Here's a screenshot of the Error Dialogue the application produced when the window finished closing:
HrxYgu0.png

[strike]I wish I could provide more information, but (unfortunately yet thankfully), I'm unable to reproduce the issue, in whole or in part (as I doubt "minimizing a window" counts as part of the issue).[/strike]
ok it seems to be repeatable, so for the sake of finding the problem I guess that's a good thing, sorta? I kind of wish it wasn't though, you know? Here's the traceback dialogue for a crash that happened under similar circumstances (i.e. the window losing focus). More details available in post #3
hwVHvjs.png

Last edited:
I don't know of anything about the game state that may have caused this. I had just reconnected to my remotely hosted private server, and minimized the game while I was connecting. It was minimized several minutes before crashing instantly when I tried to restore the window. Here's a screenshot of the Error Dialogue the application produced when the window finished closing:
HrxYgu0.png

I wish I could provide more information, but (unfortunately yet thankfully), I'm unable to reproduce the issue, in whole or in part (as I doubt "minimizing a window" counts as part of the issue).

Most likely an unintended minimize during world data receiving. Would advise you do not minimize the game just leave it in the background instead.

Most likely an unintended minimize during world data receiving. Would advise you do not minimize the game just leave it in the background instead.
only problem with that is that certain interactions with the window (e.g. hovering over interface buttons) still trigger sound effects whether or not the window is in the background. While that wouldn't be a problem if it was just when connecting that I got crashes like this, it seems it can happen any time (although my 2nd crash has a different traceback, so...). Just now the game window lost focus when a TeamViewer session in the background ended, resulting in the "thanks for playing fair" prompt; I crashed again immediately thereafter when I tried to reactivate the game window.
(See post #1 for the new traceback dialogue)

Not sure if it's related (though it does seem to have a similar traceback, so it's quite possible), but now I crashed when maximizing on the main menu. I'm beginning to think my gpu and/or gfx driver are at fault for all three crashes, as they all have tracebacks mentioning terms associated with producing a picture or image (I.e. a previous Draw call through an unhandled exception" and "cannot call Present when a render target is active"). As such, if anyone knows a good tool for picking the "best" driver for a piece of hardware (the stock driver is usually decent, but not always the "best"), or has any input on what the best driver for my GPU is (it's an Intel HD graphics 530), I'd greatly appreciate it
IP5R5eV.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom