tModLoader Skyblock Mod

hey anyone noticed that you can make obsidian dupe with you just put obsidian down and put chest up with one item in and just press ctrl and you get infinite obsidian? or is it just me?

Known bug with smart cursor, messes with how I handle obsidian. Someday I will fix it, maybe when tmodloader updates to 1.3.4.

so was I /not/ supposed to break all my lava, I'm not used to terraria glitches so it didn't occur to me there wouldn't be a way to get more lava, or water for that matter.

so was I /not/ supposed to break all my lava, I'm not used to terraria glitches so it didn't occur to me there wouldn't be a way to get more lava, or water for that matter.

I guess I have played Terraria so long that I have taken the liquid dupe as a norm but never thought to explain that it is required for the mod/map. I will add to the main post. Thanks!

So does this mod make obsidian crack to flowing water cause I lost all my lava in one swipe, maybe for more minecraft minded players you could add some method of turning stone to lava or something? Like maybe a special extractinator that turns /most/ rocks to lava or something, idk.

And maybe some sort of composting thing, so dirt can be made easier pre-extractinator/obsidian farm

So does this mod make obsidian crack to flowing water cause I lost all my lava in one swipe, maybe for more minecraft minded players you could add some method of turning stone to lava or something? Like maybe a special extractinator that turns /most/ rocks to lava or something, idk.

And maybe some sort of composting thing, so dirt can be made easier pre-extractinator/obsidian farm

Hadn't thought of a way to make lava like Ex Nihilo does with cobble in stone barrels, might be worth looking into. Dirt is easy to come by as long as you can make obsidian so I don't know if a composter type thing would be that useful unless I changed how the obsidian breaking down works too.

Oh, and no, water does not break obsidian. Did this happen when you had smart cursor on?

Last edited:
Im thinking so, I noticed it by accident when I was trying to build a house of obsidian and messed up so I enabled smart cursor to clear up and the whole mess exploded, must have been the same issue with my first plot of lava, obsidian broke like the water was destroying it, kinda like when it flows over torches and such. I cheated in some new lava because it would take too long to start over, or since im in expert mode go to hell and farm lava slimes, which is even harder cause I have Thorium enabled so there's even more mean things to kill me in most biomes. I've since setup a honey and obsidian generator, getting realy bored though, is there a recipe for wire? Cause I don't wanna wait till I can kill skeletron just to setup the automation, I kinda need the automation to get in position to fight skeletron really.

Also I've noticed the spawn rate is abysmal even if you build a bridge out in either direction, the spawn rate cranks up when I get near the dungeon or temple though. If at all possible could you tweak the enemy spawn rate so its less reliant on large numbers of blocks on screen, I'm assuming thats the issue since nearly nothing spawns far from the dungeon or temple even during bloodmoons.

One last thing, I kind of find the starting island to be a bit spartan, even for a skyblock, would you mind if I edit them a little and upload them. I'm thinking of adding some clouds to make it look a little more in theme to terraria, add some logic to the being in the middle of nowhere. Maybe make the starting water and lava sources a bit bigger and maybe with signs to explain how to dupe the liquids so people don't accidentally make the same beginners mistake I made, heh. I was also thinking some smaller islands could be hidden around with different biomes on them, like a jungle island near the temple, since I honestly don't get how you're supposed to get mud otherwise, I haven't gotten any jungle seeds from dirt so I assume the only way is the usual break jungle grass, which would take forever with only 2 blocks of jungle grass. Either that or return the mud recipe to vanilla so it can be manually expanded without having to expand it to make mud in the first place.

tl;dr

1) I think I must have been using smart cursor mode
2)Need moar wire pre-skeletron
4)Need moar enemies, (and fishing bait) spawning
5)I'd like to make a friendlier, prettier, less grindy map.

Last edited:
1) I think I must have been using smart cursor mode
2)Need moar wire pre-skeletron
4)Need moar enemies, (and fishing bait) spawning
5)I'd like to make a friendlier, prettier, less grindy map.

I will try to fix the smart cursor bug when tmodloader updates.

I wanted to keep wire gated behind Skeletron, thats why automated machines require wire.

Spawn rates seem normal, but if you have other mods I don't know how that affects that. Normally, enemies spawn off screen so you just need to have blocks for them to spawn on off screen. I have seen people make very long stretches of dirt then use fertilizer to make it grass then every once in a while run across it breaking grass and collecting bait.

I am no map maker and have tried to keep it simple. I haven't ever turned someone down from making a new map, just no one has actually ever made one after saying they wanted to. The map I made is supposed to be grindy as that captures the feel from the Minecraft inspired skyblock maps though.

maybe with signs to explain how to dupe the liquids so people don't accidentally make the same beginners mistake I made

I hadn't thought of signs but I will be adding them to the maps for sure.

I honestly don't get how you're supposed to get mud ... I haven't gotten any jungle seeds from dirt

There is a recipe for mud (try giving dirt to the guide to see recipe) and jungle seeds do come from extracting dirt.

I made some edits, I can Pm you some screenshots to keep spoilers unspoiled, as for the jungle grass seeds, I finally discovered that, after like 3 stacks of dirt, kinda obnoxiously rare. I got more mushroom and corruption/crimson seeds. I was expecting to only find the seeds by breaking jungle grass which given there being like 10 mud on the whole map would have taken insanely long.

And I understand the point of skyblock is to be a bit grindy, but Im just talking about basic building supplies, and in terraria for anything of value you need like 10x the blocks you'd need in minecraft.

Last edited:
I like this mod but it would be nice if it was less technical. The machinery wiring and stuff like that kinda kills it for me.

I like this mod but it would be nice if it was less technical. The machinery wiring and stuff like that kinda kills it for me.

Thanks! Only machine required is the Extractinator, the rest can be ignored. I made the other machines to make it a little less grindy is all.

Hi Fencedin i was wondering if you could make a skyblock map a bee biome in how do i get bee stuff?

Hi Fencedin i was wondering if you could make a skyblock map a bee biome in how do i get bee stuff?
There's a recipe in the mod to produce hive blocks, you can also make the hive wand with the blocks, and you can get stingers by using mud on an extractinator so you can produce the abeemanation

Ye but how to get mud blocks there is none in the world and iv tried extracting all the stuff you can and thnx for the reply

Ye but how to get mud blocks there is none in the world and iv tried extracting all the stuff you can and thnx for the reply
So Mud is one of the more awkward materials, you need dirt first off, and when you extract dirt you get seeds, and Jungle grass seeds are among those, which in my playing (its been a while) I only found like 1 after several stacks of dirt, you then take 50 dirt blocks, a bottle of water, while standing near water to craft 50 mud, its a bit complicated but its balanced so you can't just turn dirt to mud, otherwise you'd be able to get jungle materials really early on. I think it needs some tweaking personally but it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom