Five Nights at Freddy's discussion thread

Thanks for telling me because I just started liking FNAF so I didn't know. I've always had one question. How did the animatronics come to be? And also what is Golden Freddy?
For how the animatronics came to be, long story short somebody murdered children in the pizzeria and their vengeful souls are now haunting the animatronics in the restaurant.

I think that golden freddy is still a mystery, there isn't much that is clear about him. He just shows up randomly in FNAF 1 and 2 and crashes your game while displaying the phrase "It's me" all over your screen.

However, I have had a theory about our friend Golden Freddy for quite some time that I've never heard anyone talk about before, (note, I don't do Reddit, so it's quite possible that someone else has theorized this before but a quick google search shows me nothing of it) My theory is that Golden Freddy is phone guy. What first started making me think of this theory is the "It's me"s everywhere on the screen. As far as I know Mike Schmidt (or however you spell it) isn't a relevant character to any of the children that were murdered. So why, if Golden Freddy was a child, would they say "It's me" to you when they have no idea who you are? The only person we meet in the first 2 games is phone guy, so it's the only person that we know that Mike knows. (I think you play as someone else in FNAF 2 but the same logic applies to him) So when Golden Freddy appears he is trying to say "It's me! That guy you were just listening to the recordings of! I am in this suit now!". Also,at the end of night 4 he says that the animatronics are after him and he is going to try to make it to the back room. Yes, the back room, where the Golden Freddy suit is stored. So I think that he got to the back room, but not before getting seriously injured, and he dies in the back room. But he doesn't want to fully die just yet, he want's to tell people what is going on so that the animatronics don't kill anyone else, so he manages to possess the closest thing to him, the Golden Freddy suit. However, the suit doesn't have an endoskeleton in it, so he can't use it properly so he just teleports around (using ghostly powers I guess). Another thing that always bothered me about the first game was night 5's phone recording, as far as we can tell it sounds like the sounds that the animatronics make, but why would they record a message? Would they even know how? I speculate that this is still phone guy, trying to leave a phone message to warn you, but in the Golden Freddy suit all he can do is make some garbly noises. But wait, if he is trying to save you, why does he attack you? Think about it, he doesn't attack you, he doesn't kill you, he simply crashes the game. What's the point of that? Well, I think of it as a kind of meta thing, he IS saving you, by crashing the game he makes sure that they don't kill you.

It makes a lot of sense to me, and I'm surprised I don't see other people talking about it.

However, I have had a theory about our friend Golden Freddy for quite some time that I've never heard anyone talk about before, (note, I don't do Reddit, so it's quite possible that someone else has theorized this before but a quick google search shows me nothing of it) My theory is that Golden Freddy is phone guy. What first started making me think of this theory is the "It's me"s everywhere on the screen. As far as I know Mike Schmidt (or however you spell it) isn't a relevant character to any of the children that were murdered. So why, if Golden Freddy was a child, would they say "It's me" to you when they have no idea who you are? The only person we meet in the first 2 games is phone guy, so it's the only person that we know that Mike knows. (I think you play as someone else in FNAF 2 but the same logic applies to him) So when Golden Freddy appears he is trying to say "It's me! That guy you were just listening to the recordings of! I am in this suit now!". Also,at the end of night 4 he says that the animatronics are after him and he is going to try to make it to the back room. Yes, the back room, where the Golden Freddy suit is stored. So I think that he got to the back room, but not before getting seriously injured, and he dies in the back room. But he doesn't want to fully die just yet, he want's to tell people what is going on so that the animatronics don't kill anyone else, so he manages to possess the closest thing to him, the Golden Freddy suit. However, the suit doesn't have an endoskeleton in it, so he can't use it properly so he just teleports around (using ghostly powers I guess). Another thing that always bothered me about the first game was night 5's phone recording, as far as we can tell it sounds like the sounds that the animatronics make, but why would they record a message? Would they even know how? I speculate that this is still phone guy, trying to leave a phone message to warn you, but in the Golden Freddy suit all he can do is make some garbly noises. But wait, if he is trying to save you, why does he attack you? Think about it, he doesn't attack you, he doesn't kill you, he simply crashes the game. What's the point of that? Well, I think of it as a kind of meta thing, he IS saving you, by crashing the game he makes sure that they don't kill you.

It makes a lot of sense to me, and I'm surprised I don't see other people talking about it.
That theory was actually very popular back in the day.

I'm afraid that if you want to learn the lore of Five Night's at Freddy's, it isn't typically so easy as going up and asking somebody about it. The lore was pretty easy to track back in the day when the only games were the first 3 (and I think at that point we'd summed up the lore in its entirety save for a few loose threads such as Shadow Freddy), but nowadays with the release of FNaF 4 and Sister Location I could tell you one thing and half the fandom could tell you something else.

But as to the origins of Golden Freddy; I'm pretty sure it being possessed by the fifth child that was murdered still stands pretty well. Although, when exactly that child was murdered compared to the other four has always been a tad sketchy. There are multiple candidates to fill that role. Referring to the suit itself though, Golden Freddy is most likely a very old variation of Fredbear which was a golden springlock suit (meaning that using springlocks they could be temporarily worn by employees of the restaurant, and lots of people theorize this may be why it doesn't appear to have an endoskeleton) in one of the oldest Freddy Fazbear locations that was most likely scrapped and kept in some hidden storage room, though half of the fandom would again disagree with me on this.

Otherwise we have nothing else to go on, since if it's not Fredbear we have no other potential explanations as to where Golden Freddy came from and what it is, other than being a decommissioned suit. Most people argue that they can't be the same since they have differently coloured bowties (with Fredbear's being purple and Golden Freddy's being black), but I've always seen it as a retcon. It's like saying that the FNaF World version of Freddy isn't based on Freddy from FNaF1 because the one from FNaF World has two buttons on it but the original doesn't.

The only other real thing that throws off the connection is that Golden Freddy has 4 fingers, which would be pretty painful if we're saying that it's a springlock suit without 5 slots for 5 humans fingers to fit inside (like Springtrap).

Speaking of bowtie colours though, whether he's the eventual Golden Freddy or not, I've always wondered why Fredbear's hat and bowtie were specifically purple. It seems like a really specific detail but Fredbear has little to do with the Purple Guy or anything.

I knew of the story of the children, and Purple Guy getting smashed in Sprintrap, but I (not until FNAF 4) new about Fredbear and Nightmare.

I also found a glitch playing FNAF 2 mobile yesterday: I was checking the left air vent and suddenly Toy Chica pops up.

Also if ya'll want a strategy for FNAF 2, then ask me because it's a pretty long explanation.

Also another glitch: the sound (like when animatronics are close to you) doesn't play when only old Bonnie is in the hallway.

Scott released FNAF World on mobile and made some fairly significant dialogue changes in it. One of them has massive ramifications for the lore.

http://imgur.com/a/pFbqv

You just got BOUNCEPOTTED
Things like this make me wonder if Scott ever intended FNaF World to be a serious, professional looking game or if it was supposed to be a way to troll the community all along.

Techincally this isn't canon because FNAF World is an RPG, and the original FNAFs weren't.
Things like this make me wonder if Scott ever intended FNaF World to be a serious, professional looking game or if it was supposed to be a way to troll the community all along.
FNAF World is still canon in a sense, but it's an entirely different universe with the lore scrambled around to make something different(and also resulting in the uncovering of otherwise unseen stuff), like Silver Eyes.

But the Mobile Version's changes have been stated by Scott to be 100% not canon. Since nothing new in the Mobile Version is canon, he's gone nuts with jokes and self-deprecating humor. He even indirectly referred to FNAF World as a "turd" in a recent Steam News post he made and OH :red: HE REMOVED ALL OF THAT AND NOW HE'S GOING TO REMOVE THE FNAF WORLD MOBILE EDITION SOON :red:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scottgames.fnafworld&hl=en
EDIT: It's gone now.

Last edited:
FNAF World is still canon in a sense, but it's an entirely different universe with the lore scrambled around to make something different(and also resulting in the uncovering of otherwise unseen stuff), like Silver Eyes.

But the Mobile Version's changes have been stated by Scott to be 100% not canon. Since nothing new in the Mobile Version is canon, he's gone nuts with jokes and self-deprecating humor. He even indirectly referred to FNAF World as a "turd" in a recent Steam News post he made and OH :red: HE REMOVED ALL OF THAT AND NOW HE'S GOING TO REMOVE THE FNAF WORLD MOBILE EDITION SOON :red:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scottgames.fnafworld&hl=en
EDIT: It's gone now.
Lucky I got it.

I have a question for FNAF 2 (or course): How many times do I have to flash Foxy on 10/20 Mode? I counted how many times I flashed him, ten (I usually just flash him for five seconds or something), and then he still killed me. Foxy is the only thing that makes FNAF 2 hard (other then the Music Box and BB), so I need to know how many times to flash him. On Mobile.
[doublepost=1484404519,1484404323][/doublepost]On the wiki (I guess), it says "Flash him and check the vents" or something like that, and it doesn't specify how many times. If I flash him like 20 times, my battery is at 2 bars on 1 A.M. It's freaking annoying.

Lucky I got it.

I have a question for FNAF 2 (or course): How many times do I have to flash Foxy on 10/20 Mode? I counted how many times I flashed him, ten (I usually just flash him for five seconds or something), and then he still killed me. Foxy is the only thing that makes FNAF 2 hard (other then the Music Box and BB), so I need to know how many times to flash him. On Mobile.
[doublepost=1484404519,1484404323][/doublepost]On the wiki (I guess), it says "Flash him and check the vents" or something like that, and it doesn't specify how many times. If I flash him like 20 times, my battery is at 2 bars on 1 A.M. It's freaking annoying.
Glad to see somebody else who detests Foxy, or at least finds him annoying enough to understand he's by far the hardest animatronic to deal with. I've never quite understood as to why he was the fan favourite and why Balloon Boy was everyone's least favourite; like sure the latter is annoying, but you have to realise that his endgame is only to make Foxy an even bigger thorn in your side.

Unfortunately when it comes to advice though, there's not much I can supply in terms of FNaF2, especially with mobile and the fact I've never attempted 10/20 mode even on PC (I gave up after night 6 took me like 81 tries). But when it comes to flashing Foxy, I think the best info I can give is to just always be flashing him whenever you have the monitor/freddy head unequipped, even when you can't flash the hallway (because an animatronic is moving in or out of it) or Foxy isn't the one there (unless it's Golden Freddy who's there then uh, don't do that. Just Bonnie or Mangle being there should be fine too, though you might as well just continue to use the flashlight just to see when Foxy returns).

I'd say to not turn it into a specific step, meaning don't ex. pull down the monitor, check the vent and then take your time to do nothing but flash him 20 times before checking the other one, but since you're playing mobile I don't know if there's any way to use the flashlight unless you're directly facing the hallway (I'd check, but my mobile device broke recently rip). What sucks too is that I think the animatronics are a tad bit more aggressive on mobile too, which I'd never be able to handle due to my inability to master mobile controls.

On PC there's a hotkey for the flashlight that you can use even if you're doing other things, so there's that.

While I might not be able to tell you much about how to deal with Foxy specifically though, a word of advice - always be flashing the hallway even if say Toy Chica is the only one there. If my experiences with night 6 are anything to judge from Foxy is still there even if another animatronic is blocking him in the hallway, and can still kill you.

And watch out for Toy Bonnie. He's not too annoying, but it's easy to forget that the right vent is a threat at all since the only other animatronic that appears in the blindspot as a painfully obvious audio cue that plays even when the monitor is up. Although I think some of the audio is omitted on mobile...

... Something occurred to me, is it possible to keep Foxy at bay by simply turning the flashlight on and keeping it that way? I've never tried it myself and all the youtubers I've seem to do it in quick bursts. I know for a fact the latter works and probably conserves more power, so if you're keeping it on for long periods of time it might be smart to switch tactics.

Glad to see somebody else who detests Foxy, or at least finds him annoying enough to understand he's by far the hardest animatronic to deal with. I've never quite understood as to why he was the fan favourite and why Balloon Boy was everyone's least favourite; like sure the latter is annoying, but you have to realise that his endgame is only to make Foxy an even bigger thorn in your side.

Unfortunately when it comes to advice though, there's not much I can supply in terms of FNaF2, especially with mobile and the fact I've never attempted 10/20 mode even on PC (I gave up after night 6 took me like 81 tries). But when it comes to flashing Foxy, I think the best info I can give is to just always be flashing him whenever you have the monitor/freddy head unequipped, even when you can't flash the hallway (because an animatronic is moving in or out of it) or Foxy isn't the one there (unless it's Golden Freddy who's there then uh, don't do that. Just Bonnie or Mangle being there should be fine too, though you might as well just continue to use the flashlight just to see when Foxy returns).

I'd say to not turn it into a specific step, meaning don't ex. pull down the monitor, check the vent and then take your time to do nothing but flash him 20 times before checking the other one, but since you're playing mobile I don't know if there's any way to use the flashlight unless you're directly facing the hallway (I'd check, but my mobile device broke recently rip). What sucks too is that I think the animatronics are a tad bit more aggressive on mobile too, which I'd never be able to handle due to my inability to master mobile controls.

On PC there's a hotkey for the flashlight that you can use even if you're doing other things, so there's that.

While I might not be able to tell you much about how to deal with Foxy specifically though, a word of advice - always be flashing the hallway even if say Toy Chica is the only one there. If my experiences with night 6 are anything to judge from Foxy is still there even if another animatronic is blocking him in the hallway, and can still kill you.

And watch out for Toy Bonnie. He's not too annoying, but it's easy to forget that the right vent is a threat at all since the only other animatronic that appears in the blindspot as a painfully obvious audio cue that plays even when the monitor is up. Although I think some of the audio is omitted on mobile...

... Something occurred to me, is it possible to keep Foxy at bay by simply turning the flashlight on and keeping it that way? I've never tried it myself and all the youtubers I've seem to do it in quick bursts. I know for a fact the latter works and probably conserves more power, so if you're keeping it on for long periods of time it might be smart to switch tactics.
First off my tactic is:

1.Open the camera and wind the box
2. Wait until the ambience sound occurs, then check the hallway and the vents.
3. From now on (well I do this when I pull my camera down anyway), I immediately pull up the Head. (when an animatronic is in your office, and you try and pull down the Head, it won't work, so that is useful.)
4. Cry when Foxy kills me after flashing him 60 billion times.

I think that I can check the hallway with the flashlight if I'm not directly facing it. As for flashing him when another animatronic is in the hallway, I'll try and see how it works. As for Toy Bonnie, every time I pull down the camera I check left vent, hallway, and right vent in that order (depending on where I'm facing) and after I check them all I put on the Head.

The animatronics do seem more aggressive, as when I can't check the hallway (when something is entering it) and I pull up the camera, Foxy usually tries to hug me (kills me).

I've found a bug in, of course, FNAF 2 Mobile. On Custom Nights like Ladies Night, where Foxy isn't on, he still appears. I play those presets to get AWAY from Foxy, Mr. Annoying Jerk.

I've found a bug in, of course, FNAF 2 Mobile. On Custom Nights like Ladies Night, where Foxy isn't on, he still appears. I play those presets to get AWAY from Foxy, Mr. Annoying Jerk.
Oversight. Foxy is actually always active, but very lethargic at the beginning of the game since his difficulty level is set extremely low.
He's active on Ladies' Night because 1: His difficulty's as low as night 1, and 2: Mobile Edition actually increases the AI difficulty.

Last edited:
FNAAF THEE MOIVE KNEWSS..........

announcement thingy

Scott Cawthon said:
Hey guys,

I know that I promised some movie news by the end of the month, so here it is. However, keep in mind that there are still some very important discussions in progress, so the amount of information that I can share is extremely limited. In fact, even the information that I can share will have to remain somewhat cryptic.

The reality is that last year the FNaF movie was met with several delays and roadblocks, some involving problems within the movie industry as a whole. As a result, as of right now, the movie is back at square one.

However, depending on your point of view, that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's bad because the movie is in its early stages again (so don't expect a trailer anytime soon), but it's good because I want to make sure that the right movie gets made, and things are on track right now for that to happen.

I'm also going to be involved with the movie from day one this time, and that's something extremely important to me. I want this movie to be something that I'm excited for the fanbase to see.

So there you have it. I know that this news might come as a disappointment to some, but there are going to be a lot of great things happening in 2017! : )

Last edited:
emoi88M2nP6WUpXixCsfV7qfGG38o9u7TmR8RYci2mI.jpg

Cover of the new FNAF Book was leaked. Looks like Nightmare's going to be wreaking havoc in the book's alternate universe.

I sure did not see this coming . :
Twisted_Freddy.jpg

This is official , if you don't believe me , check scottgames.com . What the heck is that ? It looks like something straight out of deviantart . I smell a new game and I'm not sure if I like it based on this artstyle .

On second thought , this is probably just a teaser for the book , since the file is called "Twisted_Freddy.jpg" .

And there are these, as well.

UgvbshB.jpg

iUbEJGr.jpg

PSXFIxt.jpg

These were found on Scott's official site. People believe the drawn ones are for the book, and the dark one is a possible second Sister Location teaser.

Back
Top Bottom