My Unusual Way Of Dealing With The Mechanical Bosses

What order do you fight the mech bosses?

• Prime, Twins, Destroyer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a savage so I do them all at once!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Xjjice

Terrarian
The mechanical bosses are the first bosses you fight when you get into hardmode, (unless you are crazy and do fishron first) and are an important step in progressing through the game. The common sequence would be to kill the destroyer with a good repeater or daedalus stormbow, and then take down skeletron prime and the twins next, with weapons that suit your class. Many people accept that the twins are the hardest, and some argue that skeletron prime is harder, but I am here to share my unusual but insanely effective method of taking the mechanical bosses, that I think you should try. Upon entering hardmode, keep grinding the WoF until you have secured both a ranger emblem and clockwork assault rifle. Collect around 100 crystal shards from the underground hallow next. Use the new crystal shards to make 2 stacks of crystal bullets. Then, go farm for a cross necklace, and head up to the ice biome to obtain an ice feather. With your clockwork assault rime, go kill wyverns until you can make frozen wings. (you can substitute leaf wings for these if you wish) The rest of the accessories are really anything that suit your needs.it is best to reforge them to warding, because the sheer damage from the clockwork assault rifle + crystal bullets is enought and does not need any addional modifiers. However, it is recommended that the clockwork assault rifle is reforged so that its speed it increased, meaning the three round burst will be performed faster. For armour, you want Orcalculum armour at least, mythril is not enough. If you have the patience to get Titanium or adamantite armour, I suggest you do. You will want the melee headpiece on the armour, because of the greatly increased defence. For buffs, Ironskin and Regeneration are good, and you will probably want to use an ammo box, to ensure that you have enough bullets. If you are confident with your aim, you only need 2000 Crystal Bullets. If you aren't very happy with your aim, or fear you may run out of bullets, I suggest you use 2500 - 3000 crystal bullets. Now, prepare an arena with a campfire, heart lantern, and honey. Be sure to add sunflowers to help dodge, and if you aren't good at dodging, put the nurse in a close but safe house, and heal at her when you need to. Now, Summon The Twins first. Crazy, Right? Who does the twins first? Me! hehe. Focus spazmatism (The green one) first, and then kill retinizer (The red one) before day. Do the same with skeletron prime, and i suggest you try to take down the Prime Cannon and the Prime lazer first. Once these are down, it is basically a more damage-dealing tankier skeletron. Don't Forget to restock your ammo for this fight! I recommend 3000 for anyone. After this, steamroll the destroyer by making a hallowed repeater and using unholy arrows. Now all the mech bosses are down! Thanks for reading, please share your thoughts and opinions below, and tell me what you think of this unusual strategy. Please not that I know there is the daedalus stormbow and crystal serpent, I perfected this method on mobile and console. (I still play pc) Sorry for long post xD

I usually go destroyer first, but I do go Twins first every now and then. The CAR is a really underrated weapon, it shreds through pre-mech enemies.

I usually kill Destroyer first, because it's an easy target, and then take down the Twins with the Megashark. Though this means I usually fight Prime last, I could probably kill him first with Holy Arrows and a good repeater, I just don't.

I could also probably kill the Twins first if I grinded for an Uzi (or Clockwork Assault Rifle, though I've never tried with that one), but it is simply easier to knock off Destroyer fast and get Hallowed armor and a Megashark right off the bat.

Clockwork Assault Rifle is insanely underrated, especially because you don't have to grind out as much ammo for it. A good player could kill plantera using the Clockwork Assault Rifle and Titanium armour.

I almost always do the destroyer first since being multi-segment is is easy to exploit. But it's interested to see that the majority of people do the twins next, because I would rank them as a little harder than Skeletron Prime. But I do it too. I usually go after the twins 2nd because I want their souls for one thing or another. I'm curious if that's the same reason the rest of you do it, or do you actually consider them easier?

Last edited:
I can beat Twins and Skeletron Prime no issue, but Destroyer always gives me the most trouble. Normally I go Prime, Twins then Destroyer

Back
Top Bottom