tModLoader Enemy Stats Config

What do you think of the mod?

• I wanna configure everything!

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • A few specific changes would be nice, but I'm mostly here for the global modifiers.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I'm mostly here for specific configs.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • All I want is the global modifiers. Specific configs would take forever to set up.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Too many options! You should have made it more simple!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The mod looks interesting, but isn't my cup of tea.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • It sucks. Burn it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Compa

Skeletron
Enemy Stats Config

Have you ever said to yourself, "Gee these mods are really fun but they make the game feel too easy/hard" and would prefer a solution rather than self restriction/cheating? Well this may be the mod for you!

So what's it do?

The mod's primary use is to allow you to customize the global stats of enemies as well as specifically tweak boss stats to make a more suitable difficulty level for each player.

It includes multiple tiers of possible stat multipliers as well as a large number of supported mods.
BannerUse.png
See? The guides are having fun!

How do I configure it?

If your just trying to modify global stats you can safely ignore everything but the "GlobalEnemyStatsConfig" this is the one that contains all the global modifiers.

It's located in ModLoader\Enemy Stats Config along with the rest of the configuration files.
All these multipliers are always active and effect every enemy in the game, mod or not.

"GlobalEnemyHealthMultiplier": Increases the hp of all enemies and bosses, 1.0 is normal 2.0 is double

"GlobalEnemyDamageMultiplier": Increases the damage of all enemies and bosses, 1.0 is normal 2.0 is double

"GlobalProjectileDamageMultiplier": Increases the damage of all projectiles, this one doesn't have a boss specific section, 1.0 is normal 2.0 is double

"GlobalEnemyDefenseMultiplier": Increases the defense of all enemies and bosses and bosses, 1.0 is normal 2.0 is double

"GlobalEnemyKnockbackMultiplier": Increases the knockback taken by all enemies and bosses, 1.0 is normal knockback and 2.0 causes them to fly twice as far, so set it to a decimal if you want them to be more resistant to knockback

"GlobalNonBossKnockbackMultiplier": Same as the previous multiplier but only effects NON boss enemies.

"GlobalEnemyScaleMultiplier": Increases the scale of all enemies and bosses and bosses, 1.0 is normal 2.0 is double, mostly included as a joke so take care when changing it

"GlobalPlayerDefenseMultiplier": Increases the defense of all player armour and accessories, 1.0 is normal 2.0 is double, included as defense can feel useless at higher enemy attack multipliers without it

"GlobalBossHealthMultiplier": Increases the hp of just bosses, 1.0 is normal 2.0 is double

"GlobalBossDamageMultiplier": Increases the damage of just bosses, 1.0 is normal 2.0 is double

"GlobalBossDefenseMultiplier": Increases the defense of just bosses, 1.0 is normal 2.0 is double

"GlobalBossKnockbackMultiplier": Increases the knockback taken by just bosses, 1.0 is normal knockback and 2.0 causes them to fly twice as far

"GlobalBossScaleMultiplier": Increases the scale of just bosses, 1.0 is normal 2.0 is double

"HardmodeGlobal(multipliername)Multiplier": a version of the previous multipliers that only goes into effect once hardmode starts

"PostMoonLordGlobal(multipliername)Multiplier" a version of the previous multipliers that only goes into effect once the moon lord has been defeated

Note all these multipliers stack on each other. For example, setting a global hp mod of 2, global boss hp mod of 2, and hardmode global hp mod of 4, would result in a total modifier of 8x for enemies in hardmode and 16x for bosses, which is probably more than is reasonable.
If you wish to tweak the stats for specific enemies from vanilla or a mod, you'll need to go to specific config file for it. Located in the same place as the global config.
Each specific config is inactive by default and only applies to the enemies (vanilla or modded) that are related to it.

"(name)ConfigActive": Activates or deactivates the config, "false" turns it off, "true" turns it on

"(name)Health": The enemy's hp

"(name)Damage": The enemy's damage

"(name)Defense": The enemy's defense

Note the stats listed are for normal mode under most circumstances. Expert mode stats are only used if the enemy doesn't exist in normal mode. This means that their stats will be multiplied by whatever their expert mode modifier is in addition to the global modifiers are. For example, king slime has an expert mode hp modifer of 1.4. So giving him 10000 hp would result in an expert mode health of 14000. Which is then increased by whatever the global modifier is.

If you wish to tweak the spawn rates you'll need to edit the GlobalEnemySpawnsConfig.

"GlobalEnemySpawnRateMultiplier": Changes the spawn rate. 2.0 is twice as fast spawns.
"GlobalEnemyPlayerBonusSpawnRateMultiplier": Does nothing as of now.
"GlobalEnemySpawnCapMultiplierMP": Changes the spawn cap. 2.0 is twice as many max mobs on screen.
"GlobalEnemyPlayerBonusSpawnCapMultiplier": Does nothing as of now.

What mods are supported?

Got a mod you want supported or my mod is having issues with a supported mod? Leave a comment and I'll get to it as soon as I can!

I'm having some problems...

Q: Multiplayer is all wonky!

A: Make sure you and your buddies all have identical configs. Or else it's not likely to work.
Invisible enemies:

This bug should have been resolved. But if you still encounter it please report it as well as any other mods your using.

Enemy Stats Won't Change:

Some enemies have hard coded values that will override any multipliers or settings applied to them. The ones I know are:

Eye of Cthulhu's attack and defense in its second form
Skeleton's defense in expert mode
The twins attack and defense in their second forms

I don't believe there's any way to fix this as of now. Or maybe there is, I'm not that good at codding.
If you have a bug that isn't on the list. Please report it here so I can hopefully fix it!

I have an idea for the mod!

Ask away! I can't guarantee it'll be added as my coding abilities aren't the best. But I'll see what I can do!

Where can I get it?

Right here!

Or get it off the mod browser!

Special Thanks
Re-Logic: For making Terraria.
The TModLoader Team: For making TModLoader.
DivermanSam, MountainDrew, Omnir, W1K: For their mods inspiring me to make my own Terraria mods.
W1K: For making the mod this was inspired by. (Difficulty Changer)
goldenapple: For making the config framework I used.
jopojelly: For codding help.
dragon3025, goldenapple, Graydee, MountainDrew, RexodinoLP, W1K: For having their mods open source so I could learn from them.
Everyone who made TModLoader Tutorials: If you made one, I probably read it at some point.
Everyone who made the mods my mod supports: For making awesome mods and giving this one a reason to exist.
Everyone who downloaded this mod: Thank you all so much for over 2000 downloads!
You: For reading all my babble and giving the mod a chance.

Update 1.1.4: Added a non boss only knockback modifier.
Updated support for Bluemagic, Calamity, Randomness.

Also thanks a ton for over 4000 downloads!

Update 1.1.3.2: Fixed a bug with the error log being spammed.

Update 1.1.3.1: Updated support for spirit and tremor to the latest version.

Update 1.1.3: Added a spawn multiplier.
Added support for Omnir's Nostalgia Pack.
Updated support for calamity and shrooms to the latest version.
Various bug fixes for certain mod boss stats.

Update 1.1.2: Added the ability to change global enemy cash drops.
Added support for The Xervos Mod and Shrooms mod.
Updated support for calamity, joost, randomness, and sprit to the latest version.

Also thank you all very much for over 1200 downloads!

Update 1.1.1: Fixed some issues related to expert exclusive thorium enemies.

Update 1.1:The mod now includes support for Ersion, Mod of Randomness, and Water Biome Mod. Calamity support has also been updated to the latest version.

Update 1.0.3: Fixed a bug where NPCs with scaling would be invisible.

Update 1.0.2: Fixed a bug where some mod bosses had later tiers of multipliers applied early.

1.0.1: Fixed a bug with the goblin tinkerer being invisible sometimes.

1.0: Released the mod!

Last edited:
Screenshot_97.png

I don't know what bizarre glitch is going on here exactly, but having this mod activated at all - not even having any configs enabled - causes the Goblin Tinkerer to become invisible, with his speech bubble appearing where he should be standing. I tried this with absolutely no other mods enabled, I tried it with configs enabled - same result.

Screenshot_97.png

I don't know what bizarre glitch is going on here exactly, but having this mod activated at all - not even having any configs enabled - causes the Goblin Tinkerer to become invisible, with his speech bubble appearing where he should be standing. I tried this with absolutely no other mods enabled, I tried it with configs enabled - same result.
yes seen that to by accident while spamming npc's with cheatsheet

there is no config file even after playing terraria ?

Are you making sure to check ModLoader\Enemy Stats Config and not ModLoader\Mod Configs? If your checking that spot I'll need to look into it more. Prolly something to do with making too many config files at once.

This one is just weird, I manged to get it to occur ONCE. Then after reloading the goblin was normal. My best answer for now is try closing and reloading the game. Although I assume by the time I reply you've probably already done that and it's either fixed or not. I assume it has something to do with his scale setting being messed up somehow.

This one is just weird, I manged to get it to occur ONCE. Then after reloading the goblin was normal. My best answer for now is try closing and reloading the game. Although I assume by the time I reply you've probably already done that and it's either fixed or not. I assume it has something to do with his scale setting being messed up somehow.
It wasn't fixed by doing that; I did that while testing it, but I tried again just now to be sure - still breaks.

It wasn't fixed by doing that; I did that while testing it, but I tried again just now to be sure - still breaks.
Unfortunately I'm having issues replicating this. Are you using mac or linux? As that might be affecting it.

I've made what I HOPE is a fix which removes the goblin tinkerer from the list of affected global npcs. If anyone else who's having issues with the invisible gobbo can try it out before I apply it to the main version that would be much appreciated.

Edit: Removed the link, main version has it now.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I'm having issues replicating this. Are you using mac or linux? As that might be affecting it.

I've made what I HOPE is a fix which removes the goblin tinkerer from the list of affected global npcs. If anyone else who's having issues with the invisible gobbo can try it out before I apply it to the main version that would be much appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6htrmzh0opdflj5/EnemyStatsConfigGoblinFixTest.tmod?dl=0
On Windows, but it's sorta irrelevant - that fixed it! :D Thank you!

This mod was just what the lunatic doctor ordered.

Now he and his buddy in the lihzard temple can have stats befitting their place in the game.

Will report any other invisible npc's and test , might hit you up on discord if it's a long list

Thanks a ton! Since I can't seem to replicate the issue for whatever reason this is a big help.

This mod was just what the lunatic doctor ordered.

Now he and his buddy in the lihzard temple can have stats befitting their place in the game.

Those two were definitely a big reason why I made this. I find the cultist to be especially ridiculous, having less health than the two previous bosses. (the fact they share a song made it easy to replace with... more suitable music)

Also 1.0.2 is out! This one fixes some bugs where certain mod bosses would have higher tier multipliers applied too early.

I want to second the post above about NPCs "disappearing" - its very possible that the issue is with their scale. I am running this mod alongside the Enemy Prefixes mod and I've noticed that NPCs with a prefix that alters their scale (such as the Small or Colossal modifier) are not rendered as per the Goblin Tinkerer example above. Even after disabling the Enemy Prefixes mod, there are still various NPCs that fail to have their sprite drawn - many of them being mobs that have their scale value altered (such as the golems from the GRealm mod). I would look at how this mod handles NPCs' scale, as it could be interacting with something in the game's code and somehow setting their scale to zero when spawned in-game.

I want to second the post above about NPCs "disappearing" - its very possible that the issue is with their scale. I am running this mod alongside the Enemy Prefixes mod and I've noticed that NPCs with a prefix that alters their scale (such as the Small or Colossal modifier) are not rendered as per the Goblin Tinkerer example above. Even after disabling the Enemy Prefixes mod, there are still various NPCs that fail to have their sprite drawn - many of them being mobs that have their scale value altered (such as the golems from the GRealm mod). I would look at how this mod handles NPCs' scale, as it could be interacting with something in the game's code and somehow setting their scale to zero when spawned in-game.

From what I can tell your right. After fiddling around with the scale code for a bit this SHOULD fix it. Although I'll need to see if this isn't just my game doing things weirdly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iylfjay56lq3yd5/EnemyStatsConfigScaleFixTest.tmod?dl=0

So, is this a more detailed version of stats config by zocklukas?

Huh, I honestly did not know that existed until you mentioned it, as this mod is based on W1K's difficulty changer from the TAPI days. From what I can see, it sorta is? Zocklukas' mod is more of a general difficulty tweaker with more player stats. While mine is focused almost entirely on changing enemy stats. But I can definitely see the similarities between them.

Also 1.0.3 is out! Hopefully fixing the invisible NPC issues. Although if anyone is still seeing them please report it.

Huh, I honestly did not know that existed until you mentioned it, as this mod is based on W1K's difficulty changer from the TAPI days. From what I can see, it sorta is? Zocklukas' mod is more of a general difficulty tweaker with more player stats. While mine is focused almost entirely on changing enemy stats. But I can definitely see the similarities between them.

Also 1.0.3 is out! Hopefully fixing the invisible NPC issues. Although if anyone is still seeing them please report it.

Okay, so they basically work the same. Just wanted to check before swapping to yours. Zocklukas has not been updated. It still works, but I'd rather use something that's being actively developed.

Back
Top Bottom