Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

I have a problem. The ability window doesnt open. The other windows open just fine. when i click the button it shows that the window is open but it doesnt show the actual window.

I have a problem. The ability window doesnt open. The other windows open just fine. when i click the button it shows that the window is open but it doesnt show the actual window.

The Ability Window should open fine when you get your first Ability. Either get Scan by leveling up everything on the Stat Flower once, or get one of the statistics in the Stat Flower up by two levels and you'll get an ability.

The Ability Window can't be opened when you have no abilities to pick.

The Ability Window should open fine when you get your first Ability. Either get Scan by leveling up everything on the Stat Flower once, or get one of the statistics in the Stat Flower up by two levels and you'll get an ability.

The Ability Window can't be opened when you have no abilities to pick.

Problem Solved. Changing the health bars in the settings fixed it.
what health bar was it?

I didn't try the 127.0.0.1, but I did try 192.168.x.x and my normal IP and neither worked. The console prints no message when I try to connect with either of these IPs.
But I just tried 127.0.0.1 and it worked for some reason.
Nice. Glad it worked.
You should use 127.0.0.1 whenever you're trying to connect a client to a server that's on the same computer, as that IP is your localhost.
And also, that IP will guarantee the lowest ping.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Localhost if you're curious.

Last edited:
For connecting to your own computer, you can just use localhost as your IP. I hosted many even with poor internet back then, and that's my go-to. Obviously it won't work with non-host computers.

Is anyone here running a server game? I do like playing with other people. Even if I'm paranoid and try to hide my chests with my stuff.

Is it supposed to work with modded wavebanks? Cause for me its not working. It works on vanilla though.
EDIT: Also there no sound in game at all becuz of dat.

Is it supposed to work with modded wavebanks? Cause for me its not working. It works on vanilla though.
EDIT: Also there no sound in game at all becuz of dat.

Yes this mod works with Modded Wavebanks. Make sure the Wavebank you got supports Terraria 1.3.3 or above.

Well the wavebank works on vanilla terraira 1.3.4.4 but on leveled it doesnt work at all
Then try other wavebanks to see if it works, or linking us said wavebank? It may have messed up, and I have the version before this was released, so that can help out finding the issue.

But beyond that, can't do much about it.

Apparently it has too much traffic on dropbox, and was temporarily disabled. Can't check it out until it's updated. But however I can look at the size of it and probably guess that it is the size itself (800mb?).

May need to have another method for me to get it, or wait for the author to update (which I have already posted.)
Its (837 mb). It does work on vanilla but on leveled theres no sound at all ( I mean no sound, music or ambience) also the music slider resets to 0 everytime.

Its (837 mb). It does work on vanilla but on leveled theres no sound at all ( I mean no sound, music or ambience) also the music slider resets to 0 everytime.
I'm aware of how that works on vanilla, it just means that the wavebank is invalid for the version. For Leveled, I can't pinpoint the issue at all without getting that wavebank on my end

But until then, may have to deal with another wavebank or until someone knows what's up.

Something strange happened with wave banks for me when I was working on the mod.
I had to update my own custom wave bank to work on 1.3.4.4 and I learned that since 1.3.3, the new music used a PCM format instead of some other format I forgot was called. So I did that. Well, it wored for a while, then after some update I did to the mod, it stopped working, just like how it is for you. So I tried setting it back to the original format. And it worked again. I have no idea why, since I changed nothing in the audio stuff.

Gotest, He was using the base Terraria health bar with the hearts, once he changed off of that it fixed itself. Also, we have a new problem, we keep trying to do the Dungeon defenders content, and whenever we start it, it shows the wave number for a brief moment, then just disappears and it becomes an endless wave of goblins.

Mechanics question: How do you balance things? How do you make sure no one thing is completely OP?

During the Testing we basically use every skill and weapon in the game and see how they react. so we play the game ourselves and put our judgement on if it makes us too powerful or too weak. Trust me when i was playing there were many things that were OP so when they were reported we try to find a way to balance them.

I've reached level 100!
That said, I've run into a balance problem. Mana Shield has proven itself to be pretty useless later in the game. I took my mage into the Celestial Towers, and was consistently taking enough damage to one-shot the Shield. I had enough mana regen from Nebula Armor, MP Rage, and dropped stars to fight unhindered.
I had 1014 Defense and 429 MP when I switched all my Abilities to boosting Mana Shield, but it still dropped on the first hit.

Generally, it seemed to be significantly less effective once I hit Hardmode, quickly becoming a hindrance.

Back
Top Bottom