Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will terraria 1.3 work on a IPad Air? And will it work on Xbox 360?
Which iPad Air? The Air 1 can currently run Terraria pretty well based on its specs, but there's no guarantee that 1GB of RAM will be ok for 1.3. The Air 2 should be fine for 1.3's release.
Will 1.3 for xbox one have mod support? Because i would like for it to have mod support.
No, probably not. Technically the PC version does not support mods either, only texture packs. There are a lot more restrictions on that kind of thing with the console makers too. Just look at the Fallout 4 and Skyrim Enhanced Edition controversy over mods on PS4/XB1.

No, probably not. Technically the PC version does not support mods either, only texture packs. There are a lot more restrictions on that kind of thing with the console makers too. Just look at the Fallout 4 and Skyrim Enhanced Edition controversy over mods on PS4/XB1.
well i can wish, and if it doesn't i'll just have to deal with it, plus Fallout and Skyrim are Vastly Different compared to Terraria

Last edited:
So, could we expect mod support or is that not possible at the moment? I think it would be pretty cool to have since we have PC mod support (even though PC is capable of a lot more) and maybe have a few console only items added like with Ocram.

I can't wait until we have the update! Then again, time flies!

So, could we expect mod support or is that not possible at the moment? I think it would be pretty cool to have since we have PC mod support (even though PC is capable of a lot more) and maybe have a few console only items added like with Ocram.

I can't wait until we have the update! Then again, time flies!
PC doesn't have mod support, it has very basic texture pack support. Current PC mods are basically hacks of the game. We might see PC mod support someday though.

I have very little confidence that mod support will ever come to consoles with how difficult Sony and Microsoft are making the process. I can't blame them either, if some kid downloads a nude mod parents and the media aren't going to blame the game developers.

PC doesn't have mod support, it has very basic texture pack support. Current PC mods are basically hacks of the game. We might see PC mod support someday though.

I have very little confidence that mod support will ever come to consoles with how difficult Sony and Microsoft are making the process. I can't blame them either, if some kid downloads a nude mod parents and the media aren't going to blame the game developers.

I see. I thought we did have mod support for PC, mainly because of Calamity and Thorium being called 'mods'. I understand Sony and Microsoft are being difficult but look at skyrim! They got permission for mod support, and with little to no difficulty as well! I do however understand and see where you're coming from.

For now, I shall just wait for the update. Thank you for the help.

I see. I thought we did have mod support for PC, mainly because of Calamity and Thorium being called 'mods'. I understand Sony and Microsoft are being difficult but look at skyrim! They got permission for mod support, and with little to no difficulty as well! I do however understand and see where you're coming from.

For now, I shall just wait for the update. Thank you for the help.
It was more difficult than you may have heard. While Xbox hasn't hit mods with as strict requirements, neither allows you to post just anything. Sony has put such high restrictions on mods that even the community bug fixing patches for Skyrim and Fallout can't be used on PS4. Both systems also permanently disable achievements on that save if you ever use a mod.

Terraria definitely has mods on PC, but they are hacked into the game, usually with a third party loader like tMod. That wouldn't work on a console.

Huh, are all mobile os getting 1.3?
Sometime windows phones ( I have 10) don't get the newest updates.
[doublepost=1489855710,1489855547][/doublepost]
Oh well, there goes my preparation for 1.3, I'm really sad that 1.3 ain't coming for past gen (good thing I have ps4) I also have a question, will my stuff from ps3 transfer to ps4 terraria? Cuz it'll be sad going through getting high quality 1.2.4 loot again.... btw, if somebody wants to write me an answer for my question, write it to me by private message ( or being more specific, start a conversation with me)
Yes as stated in the article you can transfer worlds from ps3 to ps4

Decided to get mobile terraria just the other day after seeing how far it's come.. having played this on pc for a long while now its suprising how close they are.. quite the achievement. Is it just me or has anyone else realised that the expanded world run more smoothly than the original. Small world's tend to make my device run a little hot. ?? Using my old note 4 to play for a bigger screen and it runs beautifully. Couldn't be happier, worth every penny. :D

I'm really upset with this decision.

Even if I did get an xbox one I won't be able to transfer my progress on my Xbox 360.

I feel that the creator of terraria could pull this last update off, but I also feel they are to lazy.

I'm really upset with this decision.

Even if I did get an xbox one I won't be able to transfer my progress on my Xbox 360.

I feel that the creator of terraria could pull this last update off, but I also feel they are to lazy.
As has been stated many times before, they could pull off the update, but even if it did work, it would leave Terraria in an incredibly unstable (and positively unplayable) state. Unfortunately, it's a choice between a working, stable and most of all fun version of 1.2.4 versus an unstable, if even playable version of 1.3.

As for laziness, trust me when I say that if they could have pulled it off, the additional work wouldn't be a whole lot at all on the whole scale of things. Furthermore, laziness doesn't drive decisions in professional game design (and dropping old-gen support purely out of laziness is not a good design decision regardless).

I understand your disappointment, I really do, but truth is that it's just the way of consoles (Terraria was released when the XBox 360 was already over 5 years old, and the Xbox 360 version two years later), and no amount of hard work is going to make software run on hardware that's not up to scratch, unless you cut (in Re-Logic's eyes) unacceptable corners. There's noting either Re-Logic or 505 can do about it.

Please let player choose the resolution ( wider screen ) on the next update .
Play with mobile's default resolution ( small screen , few quick item slot ) is really uncomfortable.
I have done many method to mod my phone resolution but no success. The only left option is root my phone but i really dont want to.

I am so ready for this update I got my defence to 101 all my potion ready my weapons ready and my battle arena to face the moon lord its going to be tough and a little frightening but at least I can be scared with everyone else that is facing this over powered boss. :p
[doublepost=1490960007,1490959554][/doublepost]can not wait for 1.3 for mobile :joy::bluslime::pinky::pslime::hoppinjack::kingslime::rslime:

I'm sick of the terraria wiki whenever you see something cool you click on it and it says pc exclusive I hate those word I hate it with the passion but now mobile is gonna get something cool for once, I mean we have lepus and ocram and dragon/specteral/titan armour but its just not as cool as having the moon lord and solar flare armour and nebula armour and vortex and stardust, I'm so pumped for it whenever I think about it I breathe in and I say in my head my god finally YES only couple more months to go. lets keep traveling my fellow mobile terrarians. :pumpking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom