1.3.0.3 Character and World Corrupted

oh my god... i think it happened again... it's asking me to select language... should i make a backup first?
i mean... i killed golem... my character deleted... and now in my new world i killed golem...

oh my god... i think it happened again... it's asking me to select language... should i make a backup first?
i mean... i killed golem... my character deleted... and now in my new world i killed golem...

Possibly too late for you but backup before you try to load any of the files. But don't delete or replace any older backups in case they're needed.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix the corrupt file? Or how to know if the file is corrupt? 1.3.4.4 version and one character and one world are blank . The .plr and .plr.bak files are in the player folder and world files are there. When I start the game, the .plr.bak file goes to the recycle bin for the player. This is what I see. Can this be fixed? Is there a way to tell if the file is corrupt and how to fix it? Thank you for any help.
upload_2016-12-21_20-26-3.png

I have not had any more problems with my worlds/players being corrupted. It seemed to stop happening around the 1.3.2(ish) Updates, I don't specifically know what has changed, but It just hasn't been a problem for me... Let's hope it stays that way. I wish you guys luck in trying to fix the corrupted files, and for them not to be corrupted again.

Not fixed, problem occured today on my friends and I's world. They really need to fix this bug, it's been plaguing this game for over a year now.

Not fixed, problem occured today on my friends and I's world. They really need to fix this bug, it's been plaguing this game for over a year now.
Are you using cloud saves? Unfortunately the Steam cloud service doesn't have a great track-record with large save files, like the ones that Terraria creates. Best to avoid using it unless you really have to.
If you save locally (in /Documents/My Games/Terraria), then your best option is to make a backup on a USB thumb drive or a different harddrive from time to time.

Is it automatically on?

I don't think cloud saves are automatic. This issue seems to occur when something goes wrong only when the game is saving. Currently manual backups seem to be the only protection.
I put mine in a folder within the Terraria files; it doesn't seem to upset the game at all and works fine. But you do need to copy all the files manually.

So I am screwed then I guess? It seems the world is still there, 10,000 mb and all. It just wont load in game or in Tedit

So I am screwed then I guess? It seems the world is still there, 10,000 mb and all. It just wont load in game or in Tedit

If the world comes up in the game's world list with it's details missing then, yes. I'm afraid so... Sorry but I don't know any way to recover.

I am having exactly the same problem!! Hours of playing wiped out. So frustrating! What is the best way to backup my game?? Do you think any of the backup methods mentioned here, like MySQLDump or phpMyAdmin would work? I am getting really desperate now. I love Terraria but I don't want to have to keep vuilding my world only for it to be corrupted and have to start all over...

I am having exactly the same problem!! Hours of playing wiped out. So frustrating! What is the best way to backup my game?? Do you think any of the backup methods mentioned here, like MySQLDump or phpMyAdmin would work? I am getting really desperate now. I love Terraria but I don't want to have to keep vuilding my world only for it to be corrupted and have to start all over...

The backup systems in your link are more for business and websites, I think. They'd work; a files a file after all.
I back-up my game data manually, but there's lots of programs to do it for you. Avg has a system, I'd be surprised if Norton didn't or any of the other anti-virus groups. Other than that a google search for 'free backup software' should find something suitable.

Thanks, I'll look into the Avg system. There are so many options for backing up files it's hard to know which one to go with.

Thanks, I'll look into the Avg system. There are so many options for backing up files it's hard to know which one to go with.
You can also just backup your characters and worlds manually. Saves you money.
I use WinRAR myself; I just right-click my main world files and Players folder once in a while and click on "Add to <insert file name here>.rar". Done, files backupped. In the case something gets corrupted (never had the problem myself) I can just unrar my backup, done.
If you're also worried about harddrive failures or anything, copy your files to a USB stick. :)

Why is this still a problem 2 years later? I started my terraria today while steam was in offline mode, which resulted in the world failing to load, and getting corrupted.. Please fix this stupid glitch ASAP.

The same thing is happening to me right now. But I don't know how to fix it. My Character file (Logan) Is still there but the .plr .wld are gone. I worked hard on that character can somebody tell me how to fix it please.

The same thing is happening to me right now. But I don't know how to fix it. My Character file (Logan) Is still there but the .plr .wld are gone. I worked hard on that character can somebody tell me how to fix it please.

If you have the .bak files in the folder (Logan.plr.bak is how I think it'll be) just remove the .bak from the file and see if it'll load. I don't know any other way to recover; hopefully someone else can give more advice...?

Back
Top Bottom