Weapons & Equip Skeleton Arm (Zombie Arm alternative)

CyanideApple

Terrarian
This is a simple idea I've had for ages, and the basics are....

It's a skeleton arm, and it drops from a skeleton. (Obviously)

This is basically the upgrade to the uncommon drop from a zombie.

Stats:

Skeleton Arm

Drop Chance: 0.35% (A little rarer than Zombie Arm)

Type: Weapon

Damage:
20 (Melee)

Knockback: 4.50 (Average)

Critical chance: 4.5% (0.5% more than Zombie Arm)

Use time: 20 (Faster than zombie arm by 2)

Rarity: (Can probably be ranked up a level)

Sell: 10
Silver_Coin.png

These figures are just a little bit of a framework for when (I definitely do not think this will be added) the devs... add this in.They are free to be modified at any time, and I will take suggestions from the comments.

There is probably a similar suggestion to this somewhere out there, and I am happy to have this taken down if that is the case.

Well, that's it, so goodbye!

Changes:
  • Fixed misspelling of 'than'
  • Capitalized 'I've'
  • Added what the item is dropped from, although people should really have guessed that by now.

Last edited:
people can misread this as skeletron arm which is a hook dropped by the boss of the same name , also are they dropped from zombies or from skeletons ?

people can misread this as skeletron arm which is a hook dropped by the boss of the same name , also are they dropped from zombies or from skeletons ?
Kinda funny how he includes that much information but forgets that. Also I don't think that people misreading the weapon's name is an issue.

No it's dropped by a Moon Lord ;)
[doublepost=1488472480,1488472448][/doublepost]
Kinda funny how he includes that much information but forgets that. Also I don't think that people misreading the weapon's name is an issue.
Well, what do you think it's dropped from? :D
[doublepost=1488472589][/doublepost]
No it's dropped by a Moon Lord ;)
[doublepost=1488472480,1488472448][/doublepost]
Well, what do you think it's dropped from? :D
I have added the 'mistake'

It could be a collector item like a banner kinda
I don't know man. By the time we even get to fight the skeletons underground; which are hard to find nonetheless, we'd already have a much stronger weapon. Plus it only sells for 10 silver, which is pretty cheap for such a rare collection item.

I don't know man. By the time we even get to fight the skeletons underground; which are hard to find nonetheless, we'd already have a much stronger weapon. Plus it only sells for 10 silver, which is pretty cheap for such a rare collection item.

I don't really agree, most players usually would go to the underground early on for the golden chest loot which is pretty essential for surviving, as well as possibly getting bombs to bomb open the crimson/corruption. If you're good enough with a bow, you could head into the underground with as little as a wooden bow and a few hundred arrows.

I don't really agree, most players usually would go to the underground early on for the golden chest loot which is pretty essential for surviving, as well as possibly getting bombs to bomb open the crimson/corruption. If you're good enough with a bow, you could head into the underground with as little as a wooden bow and a few hundred arrows.
Maybe, but Skeletons are hard enough to find as it is, and this weapon only has a 0.35% chance of dropping, making it even harder to obtain. By the time we head underground to the underworld, we would already have a much better weapon (E.G. Muramasa, Light's Bane...). Now if it was dropped by ANY skeleton then yeah that would be much better not to mention easier to obtain. Oh and golden chests are found in the dungeon.

Oh and golden chests are found in the dungeon.
Not necessarily, you can find unlocked golden chests in the underground jungle in little temple things and also in the underground purity in abandoned mine houses. But you are right that only locked golden chests are only in the dungeon.

Not necessarily, you can find unlocked golden chests in the underground jungle in little temple things and also in the underground purity in abandoned mine houses. But you are right that only locked golden chests are only in the dungeon.
Well true, unlocked golden chests are found sometimes in the jungle or in the Hallowed, but those are really tough to find. Even then we'd still be able to find a much stronger weapon. The Skeleton Arm either needs a better chance of dropping or needs to be dropped by any Skeleton IMO.

What? Gold chests in the undergound aren't rare at all, you can find them all basically everywhere in the underground. Don't tell me you've only been going underground when it's time for you to to progress to hell...

Besides, if you went to mine ores early on, SURELY you've seen gold chests in abandoned houses while doing that, right? What the heck do you do to beat eye of Cthulhu (assuming expert because expert is the only non-ez way to do terraria) with only stuff you find aboveground? Are you hoiking around to replace the hermes boots?

Well true, unlocked golden chests are found sometimes in the jungle or in the Hallowed, but those are really tough to find. Even then we'd still be able to find a much stronger weapon. The Skeleton Arm either needs a better chance of dropping or needs to be dropped by any Skeleton IMO.
Yes, the idea is that it WILL be dropped by any skeleton. Because all skeletons have arms, don't they? Well, most of them.

Maybe make it throw a volley of bones as this weapon is just kinda like the zombie arm as by the time you get it, you probaley obtained better weapons so maybe make it unique:happy:

Back
Top Bottom