PC Expert Duke Fishron easy fight with arena

Natic

Skeletron Prime
I had an idea and it worked better then I expected. So, here I am to share with you :)
This Arena is really simple to build and I beleive that it will work for all classes except melee.
Capture 2015-12-03 04_09_56.png

The idea is simple..port away when he charges at you to the other side of your arena and continue with ranged attacks (you can use teleporters with pressure plates on them before you get portal gun). That ceiling on each side is here to stop the sharks..at least most of them.
My setup was:
Melee armor for dmg mitigation (but it wasnt necessary as i get hit like 3 times for the whole fight)
All-day use accessory (didnt expect that it will work during testing :p )
Ranged weapon with Chlorophyte bullets (must have)
Stardust dragon
+usual set of buffs

Final note:
dont make your arena too long, it can despawn Duke if you teleport far enough from him
generally any weapon with homing capabilities and/or minions are must have as you teleport pretty often to be bothered with aiming

All-day use accessory
That's probably because your other gears are post moon moon, which pretty much reduce all other bosses to near mob level. The setup works, but I think you should fine tune it for lowest recommended gear(Titanium~Post-Golem Armor). It will help a wider range of players, and show some extra effort on your part.

That's probably because your other gears are post moon moon, which pretty much reduce all other bosses to near mob level. The setup works, but I think you should fine tune it for lowest recommended gear(Titanium~Post-Golem Armor). It will help a wider range of players, and show some extra effort on your part.

Well, with "all-day use accessory" I meant wings, yoyo bag, boots ie. things you dont need here at all.
But anyway, finally had a time to expand my arena and test it with lower-tier of weapons and gear.
Without the portal gun I setup a few teleports, so your only "movement" is hitting the space bar for insta port away.
I have to admit, that with lower gear I had to deal with the mechanics this time, so I put a few blocks in the middle of my arena to block any homing-bubble-things from the 2nd phase.
And this is how it looks now:
Capture 2015-12-10 18_10_21.png

And character setup?
Ranger chlorophyte armor
Unreal Megashark with chlorophyte bullets
Optic staff
Warding accessory: Ankh shield, Charm of Myths, Destroyer emblem (i tried to farm Wall to craft Avenger, but no luck :/ ), Star Veil, Moon stone (fight at night!), Worm scarf
Buffs: 4x click buffs (on screen), Regeneration, Ironskin, Wrath, Endurance, Lifeforce, Summoning, Food

Good Luck! :)

Adamantite armor, Megashark, Chlorophyte bullets with wings and speed accesories will destroy Duke provided you are good at dodging.

....you are good at dodging.

uhm..you can apply that to every boss and make all arenas obsolete :p
The point is that you dont have to dodge like madman, you just hit spacebar (and your accessory can be pure dmg instead of movement).

Back
Top Bottom