Mobile CLOUD SAVE WORLD BUG!

My world and character are both saved in cloud save... Everytime i exit the game it saves my character stuff but the world doesnt save all what i did recently... Example:
I was making a farm for the pumpkin moon and when i was done making it i exited the game and when i opened the game the farm isnt there! Please help

My world and character are both saved in cloud save... Everytime i exit the game it saves my character stuff but the world doesnt save all what i did recently... Example:
I was making a farm for the pumpkin moon and when i was done making it i exited the game and when i opened the game the farm isnt there! Please help
Bye the way... Sorry for my bad English

And i also saw this in my google drive
20170426_113359.png

I've seen other reports of this as well. I'm not sure what makes it happen, because sometimes the world will save in cloud and sometimes it won't.

Have you talked with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue? You can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

I've seen other reports of this as well. I'm not sure what makes it happen, because sometimes the world will save in cloud and sometimes it won't.

Have you talked with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue? You can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home
I recieved this...What does it mean?
Screenshot_20170427-050450.png

I recieved this...What does it mean?View attachment 167763
It means that Mobile will be getting a big update. They are recoding it from the ground up so that hopefully a lot of these bugs won't be bugs anymore. It will also bring the big 1.3 update to Mobile, providing that your device can play it. We have not heard what the device specification requirements will be yet, or if they will be different than the current requirements.

You can read more here. A lot of this info is about console, but there is also mobile info as well:
The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile
A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

It means that Mobile will be getting a big update. They are recoding it from the ground up so that hopefully a lot of these bugs won't be bugs anymore. It will also bring the big 1.3 update to Mobile, providing that your device can play it. We have not heard what the device specification requirements will be yet, or if they will be different than the current requirements.

You can read more here. A lot of this info is about console, but there is also mobile info as well:
The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile
A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!
Welp, guess what... I lost all my progress... My world is there but my character is gone.. i also checked my google drive and the character file is there but its 0.0 kb but theworld is 6.0 mb... Guess I'll have to earn for terraria PC. Terraria mobile is so buggy

Welp, guess what... I lost all my progress... My world is there but my character is gone.. i also checked my google drive and the character file is there but its 0.0 kb but theworld is 6.0 mb... Guess I'll have to earn for terraria PC. Terraria mobile is so buggy
Sorry to hear that EnchantedBlade. They are working on a new version which may help these problems. But in the meantime, if you want to try something to play now, here is something to try.

Please be careful with this option.
  • Log into your Google Drive from a computer, and find the Terraria cloud save files for your character.
  • Select a file, right click and choose View More Options.
  • And then Manage Versions.
  • Hopefully it will pop up a list showing all the recent versions of that file.
  • Remove the most recent version that shows 0.0 kb (delete it or move it to your desktop).
  • If the next most recent version also shows 0.0 kb, remove that as well, until it leaves a file that is more than 0.0 kb.
  • Restart your Terraria on your device, give it plenty of time to find the cloud saves.

Sorry to hear that EnchantedBlade. They are working on a new version which may help these problems. But in the meantime, if you want to try something to play now, here is something to try.

• Log into your Google Drive from a computer, and find the Terraria cloud save files for your character.
  • Select a file, right click and choose View More Options.
  • And then Manage Versions.
  • Hopefully it will pop up a list showing all the recent versions of that file.
  • Remove the most recent version that shows 0.0 kb (delete it or move it to your desktop).
  • If the next most recent version also shows 0.0 kb, remove that as well, until it leaves a file that is more than 0.0 kb.
  • Restart your Terraria on your device, give it plenty of time to find the cloud saves.
does this still work? If yes maybe I should give it a try

does this still work? If yes maybe I should give it a try
Just a heads up, and to answer this for all usrs that see, this method works for up to one month after cloud file corruption. As that is how long google drive stores past edits. (You can use the "manage versions" menu to permanently save and even download past versions of the files as well)
-snip-
-snip-
snip-
The only danger with this method is (by not following all steps) possibly deleting the whole save. But you can restore it from the trash if you messed that up.
Past versions can't be restored once deleted unless backed up first.

Also to all users, please note the the hardest step can be causing the game to reload the save data! If the cloud slots are used with a new file you can make it much harder.
If you have trouble with getting the file back in game, trust me it can take some time for the game to resync.

Back
Top Bottom