tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Ah, so the Aquatic Depths is getting some new features too? I saw a fair amount of new things there...new enemies, Water Chestnuts, Depths Chests having their own unique platforming...I like what I see!

This mod is absolutely painful to play with. Why is it so laggy and unoptimized? Vanilla Terraria doesn't lag at all, yet this just... Good God, it's maxing my fading processor and making playing this a pain in the butt.

This mod is absolutely painful to play with. Why is it so laggy and unoptimized? Vanilla Terraria doesn't lag at all, yet this just... Good God, it's maxing my fading processor and making playing this a pain in the butt.
Don't know what your problem is, I only had slight, sporadic slowdown issues most of the time. Sometimes the FPS would tank IMMENSELY, but that could just be fixed be opening and closing my inventory a couple times. (don't ask how, it just worked)

Don't know what your problem is, I only had slight, sporadic slowdown issues most of the time. Sometimes the FPS would tank IMMENSELY, but that could just be fixed be opening and closing my inventory a couple times. (don't ask how, it just worked)
Major FPS issues. The game clocks my processor at a constant 98% or higher. Just moving is painful with random further drops in FPS while underground. I even have my settings turned down as low as they can go, but it still persists.
Vanilla Terraria has NEVER done this. Only this Mod has (and it's only the second mod I've used.)

Major FPS issues. The game clocks my processor at a constant 98% or higher. Just moving is painful with random further drops in FPS while underground. I even have my settings turned down as low as they can go, but it still persists.
Vanilla Terraria has NEVER done this. Only this Mod has (and it's only the second mod I've used.)
I think its your computer. I have this mod, and five others, and Terraria runs smooth as butter.

An Vampire boss?
How about an "Vampire Golem" boss (an dropkick against Twilight) found in Granite?

I don't think so. Vampires and golems aren't connected with the cavern layer.
By the way, there is a possibility of the new boss being a hybrid like Duke Fishron. Example: Sonny the Spibat!

The vegetation made aquatic depths much more beautiful. It even looks like an official biome.
Now the area reminds me Maridia from Super Metroid for some reason.

Once again, Vanilla Terraria has NEVER had this issue. It's only when I play the Thorium Mod that the issues come out.

That's strange. Can you normally play only with tmodloader?

I don't think so. Vampires and golems aren't connected with the cavern layer.
By the way, there is a possibility of the new boss being a hybrid like Duke Fishron. Example: Sonny the Spibat!

The vegetation made aquatic depths much more beautiful. It even looks like an official biome.
Now the area reminds me Maridia from Super Metroid for some reason.

That's strange. Can you normally play only with tmodloader?
No, I can play the base game just fine. I only have tmodloader for Thorium Mod. Either tmodloader or Thorium Mod are making the game waaay too heavy. I'm leaning toward Thorium Mod since it's in-game issues, rather than global issues.
My machine more than meets the recommended, the mod makes Terraria MUCH heavier.

No, I can play the base game just fine. I only have tmodloader for Thorium Mod. Either tmodloader or Thorium Mod are making the game waaay too heavy. I'm leaning toward Thorium Mod since it's in-game issues, rather than global issues.
My machine more than meets the recommended, the mod makes Terraria MUCH heavier.

Tmodloader makes the game heavier, but not that much. Once I had to change the frame skip option to fix an annoying lag with tmodloader but this is probably not your case. The only area that causes lag for me with Thorium is the aquatic depths biome. The high amount of water should be the problem but it's not so bad.
You can try some small mod to see if it still causes lag. If the problem persists then is a tmodloader issue, not Thorium.

What CPU do you have, how much ram do you have, and what GPU do you have? All of these would be useful to know to help you a bit better maybe.

In regards to that "Vampire Golem" boss thing, I was taking an massive jab at the "Twilight" Vampires. You know, the ones that sparkle in direct sunlight? They're highly combustible, sparkle like a diamond in daylight, and are made of stone (granite). THIS SCREAMS VAMPIRE GOLEM BOSS.

In regards to that "Vampire Golem" boss thing, I was taking an massive jab at the "Twilight" Vampires. You know, the ones that sparkle in direct sunlight? They're highly combustible, sparkle like a diamond in daylight, and are made of stone (granite). THIS SCREAMS VAMPIRE GOLEM BOSS.
Please no. No offense, but a lot of people don't understand these vague references, and frankly, they don't even sound that interesting. I mean, what the :red: would a vampire golem even do? Bite you with stone teeth? And there already is a granite biome boss in Thorium.

I've experienced similar. Although my machine is weak enough that I have to play the game without most extra special effects (backgrounds, water effects, better lightnings, etc. are all things I can't use without dropping the framerate a good bit), I was still able to get a constant 60FPS in vanilla Terraria. However with just tmodloader and thorium, it CONSTANTLY drops the framerate to around 20-30FPS for no apparent reason (which usually fixes itself when I open my inventory and not before, this suggests something weird is going on), consistently drops to around 15FPS when purchasing items in bulk (999 musket balls for example), I have never needed frameskip before but now it's all but required to make the game playable during the semi-constant lag spikes, and sometimes while I'm in caves the lag spikes leave the screen frozen for 2-3 seconds, and when using the Wyvern Slayer to reveal large parts of the map, the game doesn't really slow down, but the map updating slows down to a crawl, sometimes not even registering updates to the map at all for brief periods of time.

I just suck it up and deal with it because I know my machine is not great by any means, and it is expected for there to be at least some decrease in performance when using any mods, but if this is something not exclusive to people with weak machines like me, then it would be nice to have clarification on whether or not lack of optimization is causing these issues. The devs already have a lot on their plate, so I don't want to bug them about it, but maybe putting optimization a little higher on the (probably long) list of things to do would be nice. The game is still very much playable and fun for me, it just gets slightly annoying every now and then.

Please no. No offense, but a lot of people don't understand these vague references, and frankly, they don't even sound that interesting. I mean, what the :red: would a vampire golem even do? Bite you with stone teeth? And there already is a granite biome boss in Thorium.

This boss is based off the vampires and what they do in Twilight, Eclipse, and New Moon. Click the link, and you'll see what the heck I mean.
...Oh, and there's also an idea for an NPC when you do kill this boss - an werewolf (Thank goodness they're somewhat tolerable.)

• Oh cool, it's filled with seagrass now, makes sense
  • Water Chestnaught? Is that a real thing?:D
  • Oooooh,the original track got a re-arrangement, that's so cute:dryadpassionate:
  • BLOBFISH? snork Whyyyy:confused::D
Well, if the flow of content is as massive as for the depths,things are gonna get real juicy
Good work:happy:

hello there :) i had an problem with Thorium Mod / Tmodloader too. I dont know what i should try next. Sometimes the Mod seems to have no problems and sometimes its so laggy. Ive tried everything to make it work again but i dont know what the Problem is.

Back
Top Bottom