gamesindustry.biz Speaks with Re-Logic

Safeman🌻

Community Manager
Staff member
Re-Logic
Hello Terrarians!

We wanted to share this article from gamesindustry.biz with you because without this community, Re-Logic wouldn't be what it is today. The interview offers some insight on our way of thinking and our plans for the future of the studio. We'll continue to focus on games and gamers and are as always, incredibly thankful for your support!

Hello Terrarians!

We wanted to share this article from gamesindustry.biz with you because without this community, Re-Logic wouldn't be what it is today. The interview offers some insight on our way of thinking and our plans for the future of the studio. We'll continue to focus on games and gamers and are as always, incredibly thankful for your support!
A great article. Nothing is truer than Red's quote: "In all honesty, as successful as Terraria has been, it isn't even what we consider to be the most valuable asset that Re-Logic has. That would be our reputation and the unwavering good will that we have built with our amazing fans."

Amazing support for a fantastic game with quality people leading the way.

A great article. Nothing is truer than Red's quote: "In all honesty, as successful as Terraria has been, it isn't even what we consider to be the most valuable asset that Re-Logic has. That would be our reputation and the unwavering good will that we have built with our amazing fans."

Amazing support for a fantastic game with quality people leading the way.
And with that, I and many others are honored with partaking that role for times to come. `:happy:

It was an awesome way to wake up reading this article. Reading what the philosophy of Re-Logic is like and the awesome people that are behind making an awesome game along with future games. It is the people behind Terraria even more than the game itself which is what makes Re-Logic a fantastic developer among many game developers in my opinion.

If the philosophy behind the creation of Terraria continues to apply to all future games that are made from Re-Logic, I have no doubt that the fantastic success of Terraria is just the very beginning! I'm very excited to be part of the ride to that journey and will continue on the journey!

Was listening to this when this thread was posted, probably relevant.

On the actual subject, I've said before that Re-Logic is in the very fortunate, rare and enviable position to be able to execute the ideal (yet rarely sustainable) business strategy that they do. Not just that, but even if you can actually pull it off, it's still very tempting to stray of that path anyway if it can net you more money in the long run (which, it must be said, isn't necessarily a result of greed, there's nothing inherently wrong with a war chest). The fact that Re-Logic chooses not to has nothing to do with 'getting lucky' with Terraria's success, that's just straight up altruistic chivalry on their part. And I love you guys for it. :passionate:

I don't really understand much of the things in this article, but something about it stresses me out, and I don't know why.

Back
Top Bottom