Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

I got a problem. Whenever I mouse over an item in my inventory Ingame, (copper pick, axe, ETC) My game immediately crashes. I'll get the crash log when I get back home, can't remember it.

Sorry if I ask this on the thread, Yes I know the rules of the forums and its just a question but anyone has the link to the wingslot mod?

Hey all, I thought I would make a video in hopes of bringing to light at least one of the issues people my be having with the most recent version of TModLoader. Hopefully this helps :)
Please note this is not a fix or a solution, but simply me showing the issue that others may be having.

I keep running into this same issue every time I load up my game. In the startup sequence, I get this error message:

Method not found: 'Void Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalItem.AddTooltip(Terraria.Item, System.String)'.
at VanillaTweaks.ItemTweaks.SetDefaults(Item item)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.SetDefaults(Item item, Boolean createModItem)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

And then trying to continue makes it loop back to the same message infinitely until I shut it off with task manager. I'm no coder, so I have no idea where to begin to fix this. Can anyone help me out?

Me and my friend have been playing multiplayer and for or some reason whenever we try and host now it just stays stuck at syncing mods, help?

Last edited:
hey, yo, sorry to be a complainer but when it comes to downloading big mods (tremor, calamity, etc.) it says the mod loader is on heavy load. could you please fix it?

terraria won't start with this version. it says
system.entrypointnotfoundexception: unable to find an entry point named 'init' in DLL 'Csteamworks'.
at steamworks.nativemethods.steamAPI_init()
at terraria.social.coresocialmodule.initialize()
at terraria.social.socialAPI.initialize()
at terraria.program.launchgame(string [] args, Boolean monoargs)

I got a problem. Whenever I mouse over an item in my inventory Ingame, (copper pick, axe, ETC) My game immediately crashes. I'll get the crash log when I get back home, can't remember it.
This is probably some mod's fault. Had this issue myself when upgrading my mods.
To any modders reading this: be careful with instanced versions of Global classes. :)
[doublepost=1497054399,1497054304][/doublepost]
terraria won't start with this version. it says
system.entrypointnotfoundexception: unable to find an entry point named 'init' in DLL 'Csteamworks'.
at steamworks.nativemethods.steamAPI_init()
at terraria.social.coresocialmodule.initialize()
at terraria.social.socialAPI.initialize()
at terraria.program.launchgame(string [] args, Boolean monoargs)
An older install replaced certain files from vanilla to older ones. You will need to fully uninstall Terraria (the entire game), then reinstall vanilla. Run the game to verify it works, then install the latest tml version.

This is probably some mod's fault. Had this issue myself when upgrading my mods.
To any modders reading this: be careful with instanced versions of Global classes. :)
[doublepost=1497054399,1497054304][/doublepost]
An older install replaced certain files from vanilla to older ones. You will need to fully uninstall Terraria (the entire game), then reinstall vanilla. Run the game to verify it works, then install the latest tml version.
will I have to pay for it again after I uninstall?

should I back up my worlds and items?

No and no. You have bought Terraria, when you uninstall it will stay in your Steam library and you can prompt a fresh install.
The game will not remove your worlds and players, at least it never has for me.

This came up as soon as I opened terraria on mac, with TMODLOADER, "Could not load type 'System.Windows.Forms.Form' from assembly System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. at Terraria.Main.Update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gametime) [0x00030] in <e59682a795764348aff9c82ofoa696f8> :eek:

can someone help me this ?
Field not found: 'Terraria.Item.toolTip'.
at ExampleMod.Items.BorealWoodFence.SetDefaults(Item item)

This came up as soon as I opened terraria on mac, with TMODLOADER, "Could not load type 'System.Windows.Forms.Form' from assembly System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. at Terraria.Main.Update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gametime) [0x00030] in <e59682a795764348aff9c82ofoa696f8> :eek:
update to 0.10.0.1

can someone help me this ?
Field not found: 'Terraria.Item.toolTip'.
at ExampleMod.Items.BorealWoodFence.SetDefaults(Item item)
Don't use pre 0.10 mods, that's why there is a huge warning not to enable them on the mod screen. In this case, update ExampleMod

What does this mean?
Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 09.23.47.png

yeah for me it just removes data from steam folder in C:/ so the data that you have in C:/Users/NAME/doccuments/my games will not be removed and thats where your player world etc. data is stored

---------------------------
Terraria: Error
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)

at Terraria.Main.DrawToMap_Section(Int32 secX, Int32 secY)

at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)

at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
OK

I validated then reinstalled tmloader. this still happends.

Back
Top Bottom