Wavebank Persona 3&4 Megamix wave bank

MageKing17

Official Terrarian
I made this wave bank some time ago (last July, according to the "modified by" date on the file) for my own personal use; I finally decided that somebody else might want it, so I thought I'd put it out there.

This is not the first Persona-related wave bank anyone ever made for Terraria. However, the Persona 4 one I tried did not include the 1.3 tracks, and was missing any songs from Persona 4 The Golden. In addition, while I think Persona 4 was the superior game, I'm still quite fond of Persona 3, and particularly its soundtrack, but while I also found a Persona 3 wave bank, I missed all the good Persona 4 songs. As a result, I decided to make my own wave bank, one that included not only music from Persona 4/The Golden, but also Persona 3/FES. Here's the complete tracklist, which also specifies which soundtrack each song came from:

Update 2016-11-19: Finally reinstalled the necessary tools to work on wavebanks again, and updated with two new songs to make this thing compatible with 1.3.4.

P3 = Persona 3 Original Soundtrack
P3F = Persona 3 FES Original Soundtrack
BMD = Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3-
P4 = Persona 4 Original Soundtrack
P4G = Persona 4 The Golden Original Soundtrack
NM = Never More -Reincarnation: Persona 4-

1. Night - A Sky Full Of Stars (P4G)
  2. Eerie - Castle (P4)
  3. Overworld Day #1 - New Days (P4)
  4. Boss #1 - Reach Out To The Truth -First Battle- (P4)
  5. Title Screen - Brand New Days -The Beginning- (P3F)
  6. Jungle - Troubled (P3)
  7. Corruption - Deep Breath Deep Breath (P3)
  8. Hallow - The Voice Someone Calls (P3)
  9. Underground Corruption - Persona Invocation (P3)
  10. Underground Hallow - The Poem for Everyone's Souls (P4)
  11. Boss #2 - Time To Make History (P4G)
  12. Underground #1 - Tartarus 0d01 (P3)
  13. Boss #3 - The Battle for Everyone's Souls (P3)
  14. Snow - SNOWFLAKES (P4G)
  15. Space - Game (P4)
  16. Crimson - Borderline of Madness (P4)
  17. Boss #4 - A New World Fool (P4)
  18. Overworld Day #2 - Want To Be Close (P3)
  19. Rain - Living With Determination -Iwatodai Station Arrange- (P3)
  20. Underground Ice - Memory (P4G)
  21. Desert - Sauna (P4)
  22. Ocean - Let's Go to the Beach (P4G)
  23. Dungeon - The Almighty (P4)
  24. Plantera - Mass Destruction (P3)
  25. Boss #5 - Shin Mitsuo Tensei (P4G)
  26. Temple - Secret Base (P4)
  27. Eclipse - Calamity (P3)
  28. Rain SFX - N/A
  29. Mushrooms - Blind Alley (P3F)
  30. Pumpkin Moon - Time Castle (P3F)
  31. Underground #2 - Tartarus 0d06 (P3)
  32. Frost Moon - The Snow Queen (P3F)
  33. Underground Crimson - That Which Escaped the Darkness (P3)
  34. Lunar Event - I'll Face Myself -Battle- (P4)
  35. Pirate Invasion - Unavoidable Battle (BMD)
  36. Hell - ZONE TIME (P4)
  37. Martian Madness - Long Way (P4)
  38. Moon Lord - Burn My Dread -Last Battle- (BMD)
  39. Goblin Invasion - Darkness (P3F)
  40. Sandstorm - Mass Destruction (BMD)
  41. Old One's Army - I'll Face Myself (Battle) (NM)

Totals:
P3 - 12
P3F - 5
BMD - 3
P4 - 13
P4G - 6
NM - 1

By complete coincidence totally on-purpose planning and foresight, this means there are exactly 20 Persona 3 tracks and 20 Persona 4 tracks.

To install: download the archive, extract and rename "Wave Bank (Persona 3&4).xwb" to "Wave Bank.xwb", and put it in your \Terraria\Content\ folder (copying or renaming the default beforehand).

Download (Windows)
Download ADPCM version for Mac/Linux

Last edited:
Good to see another Persona/SMT fan! I'll give this a try sometime soon.

Time to build the social link with the Dryad, and burn some bread.

I'm downloading this thing. I love the Persona series to death, and I'm glad I found this. I could've done one myself, but I don't know how, sadly.

I really love this wavebank but you should update it to include the sandstorm theme cuz its a bit glitch because of it

For some reason, this doesn't work with Macs (all audio is muted and the Music slider in Volume settings keeps defaulting to 0%). I've heard this is due to differences with the Windows and Mac/Linux versions. Could you by any chance make a version for macOS/Linux?

PS: I found a thread that shows how to fix it: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tutorial-make-your-wavebanks-work-for-mac-linux.45592/
If it really is as simple as rebuilding it with a different compression preset, then sure. I can't exactly test it myself (I don't own a Mac), but here you go. Let me know if that works, and if so, I'll add it to the first post. I should warn you that ADPCM apparently compresses a lot worse (or the default quality setting is a lot higher); the filesize is almost ten times larger.

Would anyone be interested in a variant of this with some Persona 5 songs thrown in? I've been thinking about doing something like that, although I'm having difficulty thinking of which songs to get rid of...

Would anyone be interested in a variant of this with some Persona 5 songs thrown in? I've been thinking about doing something like that, although I'm having difficulty thinking of which songs to get rid of...
I would be interested in a version that includes P5 tracks.

Maybe shave five P3 and five P4 tracks out to make it a fair split? The only suggestions for cuts would be...
  • Old One's Army or Lunar, as those share two versions of the same track
  • Underground Hallow, as Poem For Everyone's Souls is a bit too slow of a track for Terraria
  • Space, as Game is really jarring in comparison to what other track you were hearing before moving to Space layer.

I realize this makes it sound like I dislike P4's tracks (quite the contrary), but this is just a coincidence.

If it really is as simple as rebuilding it with a different compression preset, then sure. I can't exactly test it myself (I don't own a Mac), but here you go. Let me know if that works, and if so, I'll add it to the first post. I should warn you that ADPCM apparently compresses a lot worse (or the default quality setting is a lot higher); the filesize is almost ten times larger.

Sorry I didn't respond for a while, but it seems to work fine. I can actually hear music in the menu, and I can adjust the Music slider just fine.

EDIT: Just played for a few minutes. It seems to work fine.

Sorry I didn't respond for a while, but it seems to work fine. I can actually hear music in the menu, and I can adjust the Music slider just fine.

EDIT: Just played for a few minutes. It seems to work fine.
Okay, added to the first post.

I would be interested in a version that includes P5 tracks.

Maybe shave five P3 and five P4 tracks out to make it a fair split? The only suggestions for cuts would be...
  • Old One's Army or Lunar, as those share two versions of the same track
  • Underground Hallow, as Poem For Everyone's Souls is a bit too slow of a track for Terraria
  • Space, as Game is really jarring in comparison to what other track you were hearing before moving to Space layer.

I realize this makes it sound like I dislike P4's tracks (quite the contrary), but this is just a coincidence.
Actually, I was thinking along similar lines myself (and it's not like Poem For Everyone's Souls can really be called a Persona 4 track anyway :p). Also Plantera (for the same reason as Lunar), Underground Corruption (because while I like Persona Invocation, it is very short, and I've found the short loop somewhat annoying in actual gameplay), and possibly one of the regular Underground themes (I liked the idea of using the alternate music system to have two different versions of the Tartarus theme, but one is definitely expendable to make room for some P5 songs).

The problem is that that's still only 6 tracks freed up, and nothing else jumps out at me as I go down the list... and I don't want to release an alternate version with only 6 different tracks. Maybe The voice Someone Calls? While I like it as well (and it loops so nicely), it is another fairly slow song... but on the other hand, I can't really think of anything from P5 off-hand that would be a good replacement.

Eh, I'll think about it some more.

Hey. Is there a guide on how to make these mixes?
I have no idea how to do it, but I'm curious if there's a way to mix in some Persona 5 and Persona Q in there.

There's some pretty chill tunes in Q and a good music for the rain in 5 that I would like to make for myself because it seems like you're already content with what you have.

I don't know... I just kinda want to spice up this already great mix with current dated ones.

Hey. Is there a guide on how to make these mixes?
I have no idea how to do it, but I'm curious if there's a way to mix in some Persona 5 and Persona Q in there.

There's some pretty chill tunes in Q and a good music for the rain in 5 that I would like to make for myself because it seems like you're already content with what you have.

I don't know... I just kinda want to spice up this already great mix with current dated ones.
All you need is the XNA audio tools and you can make yourself a wave bank; much more effort was spent on editing some tracks to loop better.

If you have ideas for specific song replacements, I'm all ears (I think I found which 10 songs to replace with P5 songs, although now I'm struggling with which P5 songs to replace them with)... although I should note that I've never played Persona Q and don't have the soundtrack.

All you need is the XNA audio tools and you can make yourself a wave bank; much more effort was spent on editing some tracks to loop better.

If you have ideas for specific song replacements, I'm all ears (I think I found which 10 songs to replace with P5 songs, although now I'm struggling with which P5 songs to replace them with)... although I should note that I've never played Persona Q and don't have the soundtrack.

You got the editing part right. Picking which ones to use is really hard when I gave it more thought.
Shoji Meguro really makes it hard to pick one since most of them are pretty poppin'.

Honestly, if you found some from P5, I don't mind. You were right about all of the music you chose, and I believe you know which ones are good for which.

I'll give you an example at what style our boy Shoji used on Q.
Here:
(no need to use it, it has lyrics on it. but I'm just giving you a feel on what most of them are so you can sense which ones to use in the track.)

These are pretty good samples too:
Here's the <press start> menu screen:
Here's the Hub Menu(like the one in P4 where you're looking over the city to choose where you'll go):
Here's the Event music for when you're hanging out(i think?):
Here's the music for Battle Encounter(i know, it starts out slow, but it clicks in after a few seconds because the battle sequence is slow with etrian odyssey like battle sequence):
Here's the one of the Labyrinth "Group Date Cafe" as a dungeon music:

I'm sorry if I look like I was spamming by the way... But I don't know if the forum support just music players so I had to link in only a few out of 54 tracks in PQ.
But that'll give you some ideas which ones are the good. I'll even link you the playlist that I listen to sometimes. You don't need to know or play the game because most of the music are a remix since it's a crossover game of P3 and P4 with a bit of cameo from Catherine.

Here's PQ's Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSZJQJYlJM-Xi_QjWhrm8s2S2dnNI5tnA

I'll give you an example at what style our boy Shoji used on Q.
Honestly, the only one of the ones you linked I'd consider using is the battle music, and I'm not sure if a "one song cameo" is worth the effort; I'll try listening to the full playlist some time and see if something jumps out at me.

(It's not that any of it's bad, it just doesn't fill any niches I need filled, from what I heard.)

Back
Top Bottom