Wavebank Another Metroid Custom Wavebank (AMCW)

Whoever

Terrarian
So, i've been using diferent custom metroid music for like a year, but in commemoration of not one, but two metroid games, i decided i'd share my current wavebank for you metroid enthusiast out there. The selection is mostly from prime 1 and 2, a few from 3 and some from AM2R, some (or most) areas have songs that you'd expect to hear there, a bit generic in that fact, but i tried to fit the melodies as best as i could. Obviously some themes are way too dark for terraria, so keep that in mind. Also, i prefer using original source content for custom music, so no remixes of any kind and no NES, SNES or GBA music since the quality is a bit sub-par these days so..

Download

For those of you who don't know how to install it:

Before anything, backup the original music, it's in - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Content, the file name is "wavebank.xwb".
Drag and drop the file to your terraria/content folder, if it asks to replace anything, say yes.
Otherwise, locate the terraria folder if you're not playing from steam.

And to unninstall just delete the "wavebank.xwb" from the content folder and restore the default one.

Last edited:
Sorry to inform, but the current download link leads to my Dropbox's dashboard, and nothing seems to happen.

I like the idea though, would like to try the wavebank.

is there a way to change one of the songs personally in the file?
Damn, sorry for the super late response, i you haven't already figured it out by now you can get the replacement .wav file and then edit the wavebank with xact. It's complicated so you're better off just searching how to create a wavebank.

Haha i didn't notice before, thanks for informing, it should now lead to the file.

I'm in the process of writing an easy-to-use Wave Bank creator, so using that combined with TExtract or TConvert to extract the current wave bank should make it easy to replace things. I can give you the heads up when it's ready.

Removed link to program due to rule: "Do not advertise enhancements outside of signatures and one's own profile page."

Last edited:
I'm in the process of writing an easy-to-use Wave Bank creator, so using that combined with TExtract or TConvert to extract the current wave bank should make it easy to replace things. I can give you the heads up when it's ready.

Removed link to program due to rule: "Do not advertise enhancements outside of signatures and one's own profile page."
Nice! making a custom wavebank was such a pain, even if you only wanted to change a few songs. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom