Simple Honey Dart Trap Engine

Nobzaemon

Terrarian
ZeroGravitas has already posted the greatest dart trap batteries, https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...art-trap-batteries-practical-wire-guide.1646/

I like it and use often. However sometime I have accident and kill battery mobs by summon pets, by pumpkins, by sickles,,,. If you had same accident, my idea may help you.

The requirement:

• some dart traps. The number is your preference. In my screenshot, I use 16 ones.
  • honey (if you don't take care of the engine length, you don't need honey)
  • A one second timer
  • actuators ( you need to help mechanic.)
  • wires

Recipe:

• make a tunnel. Its width is 46 tiles and height is 1 tile.
  • put a platform at the start point and make it slashed by hammer.
  • put your dart traps in the tunnel. At least you have to put at the end of the tunnel.
  • deactivate them
  • link them to one second timer

Mechanism:

• Because of the hammered platform, all darts fly through the end block.
  • Honey slows a dart 4 times and a dart flies 45 tiles per 4 sec.
  • A dart trap wait 3.33 sec after firing. Then the one sec timer can fire the darts traps per 4 sec.
  • Then the last dart just exit the tunnel at the next fire. Then the darts become a series.

I didn't calculate so deeply that there may be small wrong calculations. I couldn't find any duplication and then decided to post it. If this was a duplication, sorry.

mDXmzFQ.png

VUnh9CZ.png

d1RXfNe.png

A good question to ask is : Does it do as many hits per second than a dart trap battery used in the air ? (meaning in no liquid). For the activation engine I would use a dummy ghost. It's noisy but it perfectly activates the traps every 10/3 seconds.

Is there any different gaps or overlaps between the last dart from a stream and the first dart form the next stream, compared to 2 darts from 2 nearby traps ?

Sorry for late reply and sorry, I am not completely sure about your question. I try to answer and hope it is right answer to your question.

If I don't use honey, I need 4 times longer tunnel. If I use dummy ghost activation instead of 1 sec timer, I can shorten the tunnel 3.33/4 times.

Ah!, maybe my last dart from a first stream and the first one of the next stream overlaps. The last dart flies 45 tiles for 4 sec and forward 45 tiles, the first dart trap is there..... It may be my wrong count. Maybe I don't need the last trap.

Thanks,

I like the simplicity of this design. Not much needed a 1/2 sec timer and one color of wire (also an actuator to phase out traps).
From the calculations I did if you use :
1/2 sec timer firing the darts at 3.5 sec you need 13 traps in a 38 block long tube.
dummy engine 3.33 sec you need 12 traps in a 35 block length tube.

This trap using the honey to slow the dart by 4 times makes the 2 block gap between traps equal to an 8 block air gap the length needed to avoid the i-frames from the first hit.
Capture 2020-09-22.png
Capture 2020-09-22 2.png

Fires out both sides in 1.4.0.5 put some lava on top and you have a killer top to a base.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom