NPCs & Enemies Possible post moonlord boss?

vularic

Steampunker
This is an intricate explanation on a post moonlord boss that I would like to suggest.

Upon killing the moonlord, the place that the moon lord died would spawn a "Lost Eye" which looks similar to a True Eye of Cthulhu except the eye is trapped in a Lunar cage (I'm no expert spriter so I don't know what exactly to show what I am trying to say) and you can interact with the eye, the eye could have the following lines upon interaction;

"You killed a god... You grew so strong and progressed this life. But it has consequences. Parts of the world have released their caged spirit. Like me."

"Skeletron prime's home, Wall of flesh's kingdom and Plantera's playground have revealed their true spirits."

"Some bosses have grown stronger because of the haunting spirits."

Upon killing moon lord, the 3 bosses mentioned in the 2nd line, become stronger, but not as strong as Moon lord, and when killing the 3 bosses again, the spirit is also released of each one of the bosses. The other 3 spirits have no interaction lines and remain uncaged. After all spirits are released you should craft a "Life pendant" crafted with a chain, light and dark shard which makes a "Neutralisation Charm" and need 5 luminite bars to make a life pendant.

A bit like the strange plant system, a life pendant is then given to the caged spirit which then displays this message in chat

"Spirits are being lured by the pendant"

and after 30 seconds, the spirits then appear around the caged one, once you interact with the eye it says;

"The spirits have been corrupted."

They then have a flash of white, like the moon lord, and the boss "The chaotic spirit" appears, with 1580000 health in normal mode and 2530000 in expert mode. The caged eye remains but the other spirits disappear to form the boss. The boss' AI pattern starts off as such:

Plase 1: It rapidly circles around the player shooting a projectile every second.

Phase 2: When 90% of health remaining, it summons an illusion spirit which is invincible until Phase 3, and the illusion spirit mimics the AI of the following bosses and changes after a random interval of time;
Eye of Cthulhu's second phase
Brain of Cthulhu's second phase
Skeletron at morning/ Dungeon Guardian AI (Without the 1 shot)
Plantera's first phase
Lunatic cultist

The chaotic spirit during this phase will roam around like a pixie without targeting the player, however the projectiles it shoots will try lock on to the player.

Phase 3: When 40% of health remaining, the illusion spirit becomes vulnerable to attacks, once attacked with a weapon, it takes 90% less damage from that weapon for 2 seconds. Multiple weapons are recommended for this. The illusion spirit will have 50000 health regardless what mode you are in.
The illusion spirit continues to mimic several boss AIs.
The chaotic spirit starts to teleport around the player every 10 seconds, if the boss is within 15 tiles of the player it is invulnerable to damage from ranged, magic, summon and throwing attacks. Melee attacks without projectiles can hit boss normally, the invulnerability rule applies if it is a melee projectile.

Phase 4: When 5% of health remaining and illusion spirit defeated, the chaotic spirit becomes invulnerable and increasingly faster and powerful, the only way to beat the boss is to make it shoot the True Eye 15 times with it's projectiles. Once the True Eye is out of the cage, it shoots a laser which decimates anything under 200000 health in the area, including the boss.

The boss drops:

In normal mode:
300-400 luminite ore 100%
30-50 soul of chaos 100%
20-30 pillar fragments 100%
The True Rift 25%
Omega blade 25%
Broken capacitator 25%
Crossfire 25%
Chaotic spirit trophy 6.67%
Chaotic spirit mask 6.67%

In expert mode:
400-500 luminite ore 100%
40-75 soul of chaos 100%
40-50 pillar fragments 100%
the True Rift 25%
Omega blade 25%
Broken capacitator 25%
Crossfire 25%
Chaotic spirit trophy 10%
Chaotic spirit mask 10%
Shapeshifter 100%

The True Rift:
187 summon damage
Uses 10 mana
Very fast speed
"Summons 2 True eyes for the price of 1!"

Omega blade:
400 melee damage
Insanely fast speed
"Creates a mess of projectiles"

Broken capacitator:
10000 ranged damage
Snail speed
Consumes 20 ammo per shot
"The final sniper rifle is here!"

Crossfire:
213 magic damage
Uses 36 mana
Very fast speed
"A pile of homing projectiles and debuffs even bosses get inflicted with!

Shapeshifter (crafting material):
Used to upgrade moon lord drops into chaotic spirit drops.

Soul of chaos:
Used to craft the normal discord rod and the chaotic rod which has the chaos state debuff halved.
Also a part of upgrading moon lord drops into chaotic soul drops.
Souls of chaos also make the Chaos Forge which can be used to convert items into their counterparts (Scourge of the corruptor and vampire knives, soul of light and soul of night, etc)
Upgrading the moon lord drops require the Chaos Forge to make them.

Souls of chaos can do one more thing, after obtaining all 4 endgame armour sets, you can fuse them together in the soul Forge with souls of chaos to craft chaos armour, which benefits all classes whether it be melee, throwing, summon, ranged or magic.

- This is a vague idea I came up with and hopefully some further criticism to make it better, whether it be implemented into terraria or not, I had fun writing this.. :p

- If someone could also try mod this that'd be really great!

- Thank you for reading this far <3

I mean, It does seem Interesting and pretty creative. But, there will be no Post-Moonlord boss from what I know.
I'm not saying it's bad, I like it, It's just probably not going to happen.
No Hate :happy:

I mean, It does seem Interesting and pretty creative. But, there will be no Post-Moonlord boss from what I know.
I'm not saying it's bad, I like it, It's just probably not going to happen.
No Hate :happy:
Well probably not but still I find it a good idea.. Plus maybe a mod could try implement that :p

That's exactly what I was thinking, I'm not a good coder or spriter. The only thing I'm good with is creativity (ideas).
Maybe you could get someone to do it.

Huh, I did not know that. Do you know where this video is?

Edit: PM me it or I will just find it, let's not let the post get off topic.

Huh, I did not know that. Do you know where this video is?

Edit: PM me it or I will just find it, let's not let the post get off topic.

I hope Cthulhu gets added as the new final boss in 1.4. Speaking of Cthulhu, I've heard that he is the brother of Moon Lord.

I like this idea as it is well fleshed out (and also very creative and original), but I don't particularly like new 'final bosses'.

But still, awesome idea!

I don't think that Lovecraftian stuff is copyrighted, though I could be wrong here.

Here is what people constantly get wrong about Cthulhu.
Cthulhu is not an enemy. It isn't a boss. It is a force.

It is undefeatable. The entire point of Cthulhu is that you can't beat it. It is horror incarnate, and there is no way to defeat it.

i doubt this due to how much of a stretch this is but, the solar cultist robes from the clothier may indicate a solar (inverted) lunar and celestial bosses of MUCH higher difficulty. and they never said last boss, but hes the last boss redigit was working on

I think they should introduce duke mechanicalron, it's like duke fishron but a robot!
I had an idea for the Wall of Iron (which would not be a final boss, moon lord would still be stronger) I might make a thread about it
[doublepost=1502122012,1502121724][/doublepost]
Souls of chaos

I mostly like the idea except one thing, the soul he drops doesn't end with "ight"

Back
Top Bottom