• no.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Idc.

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
two words:
expert destroyer

Nah, honestly, there's no need to make it more logical.

The HP stat in general is unlogic, you're able to do anything as much at a little health as you can at full health. this is common behaviour in video games and I find it should remain that way, you don't want your character to be weaker after been hurt just to make things more 'logical'.

That way, I also don't support this for the same reason, If you can get hurt in a big hit and still do fine as long as it doesn't reach 0, then you can also recover a huge amount as well as your performance doesn't matter anyways.

How is the expert destroyer a counterargument? Is it even supposed to be one? Are you agreeing? I don't know. Please clarify this.
Expert destroyer's head alone deals 280 DAMAGE!
multiply that by 3, you'll get 840 DAMAGE, none could possibly survive that without an end-game defensive loadout, and that's even more than calamity mod's devourer of gods' damage using his head in expert mode (500 damage)
Logic is absolutely supposed to exist. If you think logic isn't supposed to exist, go support that thread about being able to defeat the ML with copper shortsword.
There logic in video games, I only said that because the only video game I could think of when I wrote that post is Minecraft, lol

I've been reading the main post again...This will only affect the Nurse you will say?
Okay then, so then the only possible use for her has become useless then, I'll rather stock up potions instead.

The only possible use, yeah. because none of these count.
  • Dying in an invasion, and healing yourself to full when you respawn.
  • Dying to the lunar events, and healing yourself to full before you run back there at half hp.
  • Almost dying in hell and coming back to not burn to death.
  • Almost dying in the jungle and coming back to not be poisoned to death.
  • Getting hit by a corruptor w/out an ankh shield and wanting to not be weak.
  • Getting hit by armored skeletons and wanting to not have broken armor.
  • Wanting to be sober.
  • Dying to a boss in multiplayer and wanting to not come back at half hp.
[doublepost=1498751761,1498751353][/doublepost]

You mean, like preparing and being ready for boss fights? Maybe even trying to face them without the help of an early game NPC?! That's the idea.
None of these count for me indeed.

I don't bother dying if I've already teleported home safely. And I rather use one of my healing potions to heal up the half hp rather than trying to find the nurse in the middle of an invasion.
I also don't bother the broken armor and weak debuffs. I don't go directly back to the nurse to take it off from me and spend the time to return to the spot again. Instead, I'm just more careful when the debuff is active.

And even then. Your suggestion doesn't improve the nurse either. Are you expecting I heal up by the nurse and then return to the location with that massive momement nerf? Are you expecting I return to the heat of an invasion/bossfight with all these downsides AND Triple damage taken? At that point it's even easier to fight with half hp instead. Or use a healing potion right away.

And with potions, I obviously meant the healing potions.

I've seen a lot of nurse with bossfight balancing suggestions that I approve. But this isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Sorry, but no. The Nurse can be helpful by standing beside her and healing constantly through the boss fight. Some would say that's a legitimate tactic and some would call it an exploit or cheesing or cheating. Me, I'm in the legitimate tactic camp. I don't really mind how other people play their game. If they want to camp with the Nurse, that is their choice. Plus it gives those who can't win otherwise an option to continue their game.

Besides, the 'solution' to camping next to the Nurse in a boss fight is actually far simpler...
Make it so the Nurse can't heal herself.
... but I personally hope that doesn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom