Biomes & Nature 1.3.6 Suggestion: Implement unused sunflower texture

SuggestionMcGee

Terrarian
I have noticed from multiple sources that an unused texture for sunflowers exists. It was belived that it would be implemented during the 1.3 update, but that wasn't the case.

As it has been said that 1.3.6 will focus on "tweaks and polishes", it may be in my best interest and many others' for the developers to take this small change into consideration.

It would be nice to know what the unused texture(s) are and how they would differ from normal Sunflowers. :)

It would be nice to know what the unused texture(s) are and how they would differ from normal Sunflowers. :)
This is what the unused texture looks like
Pic 40.PNG

While I do like that sprite a lot, I feel like it might stand out a bit too much from the rest of the terrain? I guess?

On the trivia side of things, that design is actually based on a real sunflower. Here's an example image: [link]
I don't know the official name of them (or if they have one), but they're commonly sold as a Solar Flare Sunflower or Bronze Sunflower. I have grown them. :)
There are also deep red/crimson sunflowers known as Velvet Sunflowers. I wonder if there's a hidden/unused texture in Terraria of those as well...

On the trivia side of things, that design is actually based on a real sunflower. Here's an example image: [link]
I don't know the official name of them (or if they have one), but they're commonly sold as a Solar Flare Sunflower or Bronze Sunflower. I have grown them. :)
There are also deep red/crimson sunflowers known as Velvet Sunflowers. I wonder if there's a hidden/unused texture in Terraria of those as well...
Interesting fact. In addition, I have noticed that the unused texture only seemed to appear in 1.3 beta testing. I'm still heartbroken they aren't in the game, but maybe we can have high hopes that the devs may stumble upon this suggestion. :)

Back
Top Bottom