NPCs & Enemies Make Golem Great Again!

Hobobrine25

Plantera
Hello, Fellow Terrarians. I'm assuming you know what this :golem: is. This is the Golem. In order to gain access to him you have to beat the abomination that is plantera. A well balanced boss that takes skill to fight and offers so much once you beat it. The Dungeon is filled with danger once more, and you can now craft shroomite and specter gear. Killing this magnificent beast grants you a temple key.

As the screams coming from the dungeon die out, you wander towards the large temple that has remained locked for your entire journey.

When you enter the temple for the first time, it feels like an all new dungeon. There's loot, traps and monsters. Except you are given a direction.

You take your trusty sword and slice through countless snakes and what seems to be lizard monsters. Suddenly you hear a click and flames jet out from behind you.

Exploring the lizhard temple is a key moment in Terraria. You feel as if there's something big coming, as if your reaching a final boss. :golem:

As you recover from the burns, you come across a chest. The chest contains some standard potions, but also a tablet etched out in n unknown language. You decide to look at it later in the safety of the sunlight. You also take out what looks like a glowing pill, surrounded in the unbreakable stone. You throw it in your bag; it might come in handy later.

Finally, a way to get past rng ; a Solar Eclipse summoner.

You come across a big chamber. There's a still statue standing behind a large glowing altar with what looks like a miniature sun. The sun has a small hole in it, and you decide to slide the glowing pill into it. You hear mechanical clicking as the statue behind you whirrs to life.

The golem would now be standing behind the altar before you beat it for the first time.

You decide to whittle down the arms and the head before you destroy it completely. One hand pops out of the socket and mechanically flies towards you. You take out the legendary Terra blade and slice it in half with ease. The Eyes begin to glow red and fireballs start flying out of its mouth.

Eyes glow red and fireballs activate after a hands been destroyed.

You slice off the other hand and lasers start bursting out of its eyes.

In expert mode you can only attack the head after the eyes have been destroyed. Lasers will shoot once booth hands have been destroyed.

You slash at the head until it erupts into little shards. You get stung by one and feel as if a poisonous toxin is draining you of your health.

When the head's been destroyed you get the "Golem Gas" Debuff which drains health at -1hp a tick. (or whatever the poison uses.) This lasts until Golems been defeated.

You wildly slash at the body as it stomps on the ground, creating damaging shockwaves. Each slam makes you feel dizzy, and you feel like giving up as he slams you into the wall.

When in the second stage, the head no longer flies around, the golem jumps every couple of seconds, and if your on the ground when he lands then you get sent flying with or without a cobalt/obsidian/ankh shield. It also deals 50 damage. Fireballs are now shot out of his chest, and lasers out of his arm stub things.

You drink a potion and fling yourself at him. Full of determination you slay the mechanical monster and he explodes into an orange light.

"RAE The Sun Lord has awoken"

Rae looks like a chaos elemental but with a solar color pallette. He is an NPC that doesn't hurt you, similar to the old man. He is in the temple for one ingame day before he despawns, and he tells you that his followers will flock to his brother, The Moon Lord, at his defeat.

The creature smiles sadly as he tells you that his presence in this world is fading. "The Moon lord is taking over my presence," he explains. He will destroy everything and everyone. You must defeat him before he grows too strong. He is guarded by four ancient pillars that you must destroy to defeat him. Go to the dungeon and defeat his cult of followers."

When the Moon Lord is defeated RAE moves in as a town npc. He sells thae fragments for 1g apiece.

Rae Also sells Solar Tablet Fragments for 2 gold a piece. (suggested by Storm Dragonica)

Cya folks later!

If you have any ideas for what Rae could sell feel free to say so. Sprites would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I actually quite like this idea! The only thing I don't like is the "Golem Gas" debuff. Maybe reduce it to 30 seconds or something
The Whole Point of the Golem Gas is to make it a rush to the finish, and now instead of a strange head floating around you have to fight with the constant damage occuring.

Edit: 1 damage a tick isn't that dangerous either.

The Whole Point of the Golem Gas is to make it a rush to the finish, and now instead of a strange head floating around you have to fight with the constant damage occuring.

Edit: 1 damage a tick isn't that dangerous either.
Dude, a tick is like 1 damage every thousandth of a second.
That's way too dangerous.

A damage a tick!? That's 60 damage per second!

Make it a damage every 15 ticks, so you'll receive 4 damage per second.

Also, for Rae, I think he should sells Solar Tablet Fragments, cuz he's the Sun Lord (or sun follower, whatever).

A damage a tick!? That's 60 damage per second!

Make it a damage every 15 ticks, so you'll receive 4 damage per second.

Also, for Rae, I think he should sells Solar Tablet Fragments, cuz he's the Sun Lord (or sun follower, whatever).
notice how i said that it works on the same level as poison.

2 gold a piece is way too expensive for one Solar Fragment, that's almost 20 gold for a whole Solar Tablet. I suggest make it around 25 silver for one Solar Fragment so it can be a bit more balanced.

notice how i said that it works on the same level as poison.
The same level of poison is 2 per second.
A tick is a very short part of a second. MappyGaming can prove it to you in all his "(boss) in 1 tick" videos. They are just gone. That's how fast it is.

2 gold a piece is way too expensive for one Solar Fragment, that's almost 20 gold for a whole Solar Tablet. I suggest make it around 25 silver for one Solar Fragment so it can be a bit more balanced.

I made it 2 gold because the solar tablet fragment because they are common drops from lizard enemies, and I don't like being able to buy your way out of a grind, unless that cost is expensive.

I made it 2 gold because the solar tablet fragment because they are common drops from lizard enemies, and I don't like being able to buy your way out of a grind, unless that cost is expensive.
If you don't want to buy your way out of a grind how about you don't make fragments buyable at all?

The same level of poison is 2 per second.
I'm pretty sure that when they're saying "per tick" they mean the damage numbers that come off of you while poisoned or on fire rather than once per frame.

So in this case, it would be doing damage at half the rate of poison - instead of repeated 2 damage ticks coming up on you, it's repeated 1 damage ticks. Overall it'd probably be like 6~8 damage per second, which would be fairly easily mitigated by using a Regeneration Potion along with a Charm of Myths to reduce it by 2.5 per second. A campfire would bring this to 3, and both a campfire and heart lantern would bring this to 4, drastically reducing the impact of the debuff on the player.

Assuming 3DPS on the player after a Regeneration Potion, in the time it takes for Potion Sickness to expire with a Charm of Myths up, the player will have taken ~135 damage from the debuff, so really what this does is rather than outright kill the player, it forces you to set up a proper arena for Golem so your healing potions don't become entirely worthless later in.

Back
Top Bottom