Am I just terribly unlucky, or will the blindfold not drop from the dark mummy?

Dinodinodude

Terrarian
I'm in a crimson world, so I have to kill dark mummies to get the blindfold. According to the wiki, there is a 1% chance that the blindfold will drop from the dark mummy. I've killed nearly 250 of them, and I've got at least 5 megaphones and four sets of mummy clothes from them, but not a single blindfold! Is there something wrong here or should I stay inside in case I get hit by lightning?

EDIT: Complaining always works, just got the blindfold. The grind for it was still absurd, though.

I think the blindfold has almost the same drop rate as the rod of discord, good luck with that, if you can't handle grinding, farm in the corruption instead
Try to use a battle potion, water candle and if there is a blood moon, it is an opportunity
EDIT : nice , you got a blindfold

Last edited:
I think the blindfold has almost the same drop rate as the rod of discord, good luck with that, if you can't handle grinding, farm in the corruption instead
Try to use a battle potion, water candle and if there is a blood moon, it is an opportunity
EDIT : nice , you got a blindfold
I did all those, I would not have the patience to grind without them.

Yes, you were just terrible unlucky, I had once times where no blindfold dropped after 280 Dark Mummies.
But I don't call bad RNG a glitch in the game.

Back
Top Bottom