Mobile Can't login to Google to access cloud saves.

Vandelay Industries

Skeletron Prime
Recently reinstalled Terraria and tried to login to Google to access my cloud saves. I keep getting the following error message;

Error: disallowed_useragent

This user-agent is not permitted to make an OAuth authorization request to Google as it is classified as an embedded user-agent (also known as a web-view). Per our policy, only browsers are permitted to make authorization requests to Google. We offer several libraries and samples for native apps to perform authorization requests in the browser.

Running stock Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. Any help or information is greatly appreciated!

Recently reinstalled Terraria and tried to login to Google to access my cloud saves. I keep getting the following error message;

Error: disallowed_useragent

This user-agent is not permitted to make an OAuth authorization request to Google as it is classified as an embedded user-agent (also known as a web-view). Per our policy, only browsers are permitted to make authorization requests to Google. We offer several libraries and samples for native apps to perform authorization requests in the browser.

Running stock Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. Any help or information is greatly appreciated!
Hmm, that's an odd one that I haven't seen before. I'm not quite sure what could be a solution other than to try reinstalling it again.

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

You might try looking at your Google account settings and checking the Device Activity and Notifications, and also the Connected Apps & Sites, to see if something looks obviously amiss.

I don't play my mobile versions much, but I just tried this on my Android 7.0 (Verizon):
  • made sure I had a cloud character and world save
  • Uninstalled the Terraria app
  • Reinstalled it from the PlayStore
  • when I started the game, I was able to connect to my play account in-game and see and load my cloud saves.
I was also able to access my cloud saves when using my Kindle Fire Tablet (Amazon version of game, so different save folder on Google Drive).
I've noticed some people complaining that they can no longer access their cloud saves on Amazon because of a 403 error from Google. I have no problem with that, either.

Thanks for the reply Unit One! I have contacted them and they stated the following;

"Thanks for your message, and yes, this is a known issue that affects the Amazon version of Terraria only due to how the web auth process recently changed on that platform vs. Google Play."

You might try looking at your Google account settings and checking the Device Activity and Notifications, and also the Connected Apps & Sites, to see if something looks obviously amiss.

I don't play my mobile versions much, but I just tried this on my Android 7.0 (Verizon):
  • made sure I had a cloud character and world save
  • Uninstalled the Terraria app
  • Reinstalled it from the PlayStore
  • when I started the game, I was able to connect to my play account in-game and see and load my cloud saves.
I was also able to access my cloud saves when using my Kindle Fire Tablet (Amazon version of game, so different save folder on Google Drive).
I've noticed some people complaining that they can no longer access their cloud saves on Amazon because of a 403 error from Google. I have no problem with that, either.

And thanks Tunnel King! I'll give this a try if I decide to repurchase it from the Play Store. Appearantly they are working on a fix but I may have to wait till they update the game with the new build. Thanks to both of you for the help!!

So, it's an issue with the Amazon version being played/used on non-Amazon devices?

Because I'm not seeing an issue with Amazon version on an Amazon Device.

So, it's an issue with the Amazon version being played/used on non-Amazon devices?

Because I'm not seeing an issue with Amazon version on an Amazon Device.

Tunnel King,

The following is part of my message and their response:

Recently reinstalled Terraria and tried to login to Google to access my cloud saves.

I keep getting the following error message; Error: disallowed_useragent This user-agent is not permitted to make an OAuth authorization request to Google as it is classified as an embedded user-agent (also known as a web-view). Per our policy, only browsers are permitted to make authorization requests to Google. We offer several libraries and samples for native apps to perform authorization requests in the browser.

Running stock Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. on a Nexus 7 2013 (tablet) I indicated above that the platform is Google Play. But I purchased the App from Amazon App store. Don't know if this is relevant or not. Any help or information is greatly appreciated!

Reply:
Thanks for your message, and yes, this is a known issue that affects the Amazon version of Terraria only due to how the web auth process recently changed on that platform vs. Google Play.

So it would seem that it is affecting non-Amazon devices that purchased the game from Amazon. I have been communicating with them over the last several days and was offered the opportunity to work with them on test builds to fix the issue. Essentially beta testing the test builds that the developer will make available to me. I can update you and keep you informed if you're interested. As of now they are unsure when it will be ready.

Would be happy to post updates, etc if there is a need!

Have a great weekend!!

Posted this in another thread, sharing here:

Good morning, all.

Catching up on all of this, I inquired with 505 about what might be going on. The good news is that they are indeed aware and have been working with a player through Customer Service on a solution. Here is what I know:

• This only affects Amazon, not Google Play
  • The investigation and work to fix is ongoing:
    • A solution is being tested now - if it works, then that will be awesome and everyone will be back to normal soon
    • If it does not, there is another path that is very likely to work, but that one will take more time/work to get in place.

I will keep checking in on the status of this on a regular basis, unless 505 beats me to it. ;) They did say that they had hoped to have a more concrete answer today, but this wasn't quite ready yet. Stay tuned, and sorry for the trouble and inconvenience everyone!

i have a kindle and its not working for me either
im trying to get my epic stuff back but it keeps giving me the 403 error message plz help me

Can you help me im trying to get in my terraria could drive but has a 403 error can you help me? I need my epic stuff back

See above. 505 is trying to work with customers on a workaround. If those customers do not get back in touch, I will get some of you contact info so that you can be the guinea pig. ;)

If it works = huzzah. If not, then they will get to work on a more direct solution.

Anyone interested in helping to work out a solution to the 403 error stuff, please PM @505Games-Mobile and they will walk you through it from there. :)

Thanks!

I probably should have thrown my lot in with the guinea pigs. I had to reset my kindle, and with the 503 error, everything was erased. Woo. So, in the future, is there a way to manually back up the data, until the issue with cloud saves is fixed?

Mobile has a way to backup between cloud and local - but I am not sure how that would work if you do not have access to your cloud saves.

Would advise you to PM the Mobile guys above....I will poke them on progress today.

I have a ZTE phone and I already had Terraria for free on the Amazon play store, so I downloaded the play store and have tried to log into my Cloud save only to be prompted with the same error. I'm getting really annoyed, I'll probably just have to buy the game on my phone's app store to log in.

I have a ZTE phone and I already had Terraria for free on the Amazon play store, so I downloaded the play store and have tried to log into my Cloud save only to be prompted with the same error. I'm getting really annoyed, I'll probably just have to buy the game on my phone's app store to log in.
The Amazon Store and Play Store versions are not cross-buy products; they are separate purchases.

I know. If I buy the game again on the app store for the original price, I think I should be able to log into my Cloud save?
Possibly. Both use Google Drive for the saves (different folders), so it seems that you could move the save data from one folder to the other.
But there may be an internal version number difference that might cause an issue when trying to load it.

If you try doing this, make sure you keep backups for the correct versions just in case.

Possibly. Both use Google Drive for the saves (different folders), so it seems that you could move the save data from one folder to the other.
But there may be an internal version number difference that might cause an issue when trying to load it.

If you try doing this, make sure you keep backups for the correct versions just in case.

Alright, thanks. I'll try it.

Hi, I just signed up to report that I am experiencing the same problem with an android tablet and a brand new kindle fire 8 (2017 edition).
Has anyone been offered a solution yet?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom