tModLoader Losing is Fun - A fairness mod

I thought lihzahrd block hammering was patched out...?

Since I'm currently uncertain how to prevent the nurse from healing, but I can detect when she does, I think the solution here is to stack a debuff for each use of her service which will lower defense by a % amount. Does this sound fair?

Suggestions:
  • Nerf Snowballs, they are exceedingly easy to obtain and are over used due to their knock back
  • Nerf Cactus Sword, it is easy to get and also has a strong knockback for when it is obtained aswell

v0.3.0
  • Eternia Crystal is unhoikable
  • Nerfed Cactus Sword
  • Nerfed Snowballs
  • Buffed Amber Staff
  • Nurse now gives a stacking 3 min debuff on each use
  • Ranged weapons do not crit while moving
  • Ranged weapons crit +15% while still
Mirror

Attachments

• LosingIsFun v0.3.0.zip
    28 KB · Views: 181
v0.3.0
  • Nerfed Cactus Sword
  • Nerfed Snowballs
  • Buffed Amber Staff
Mirror
Glad to see Amber Staff buffed, it was kind of odd having it be worst then a diamond staff despite being harder to obtain

v0.3.0
  • Nerfed Cactus Sword
  • Nerfed Snowballs
  • Buffed Amber Staff
Mirror
Another thing I'd suggest is making it so that bombs and other various explosives can not be used during the Dungeon Defenders event.

v1.0.0
  • Fixed magic mirror loop.
  • Fixed traveling & skeleton merchant shops.
  • Merchant shop height check factors background walls.
  • Added gravitation potion flip delay (2 seconds).
Edit:

v1.0.0.1
  • Fixed NPC housing checks for traveling merchant (again?)
Edit: Edit:

v1.0.1
  • Recall failure indicated with alert
  • Fixed sprint failure during medic debuff
Edit x3:

v1.0.2
  • Fixed(?) recall warning spam
  • Reduced chance of fall death with lucky horseshoe (50% -> 35%)
Edit x4:

v1.0.3
  • Added 'Enabled' config setting (allows disabling mod without unloading)
Edit x5:

v1.0.3.1
  • Fixed multiplayer server loading error.

Attachments

• LosingIsFun v1.0.0.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 161
  • LosingIsFun v1.0.0.1.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 151
  • LosingIsFun v1.0.1.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 140
  • LosingIsFun v1.0.2.zip
    28.8 KB · Views: 169
  • LosingIsFun v1.0.3.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 166
  • LosingIsFun v1.0.3.1.zip
    29.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Question: How would you feel about a setting so each type of boss only dropped at most 1 item ever (other than money and crafting ingredients)? This includes large mimics and invasion event big beasties.

v1.0.4
  • Updated for TML 0.10
  • Offloaded utility/helper code to Hamstar's Helpers mod (now a dependency)
  • Numerous fixes and tweaks

Attachments

• LosingIsFun v1.0.4.zip
    39.5 KB · Views: 159
v1.1.0
  • Crimson mobs have ~1/20 chance of dropping Worm Teeth
  • Added respawn blocking during boss fights (defaults to off)
  • Nerfed Leaf Wings (reduce flight time)
  • Added hp bar for mounts (5 hits = 12 second KO)
  • Set bullets to be more expensive
  • Nerfed Chlorophyte Shot damage
  • Refactored config file to use its own class (better preserves user settings)
Note: Needs the new Hamstar's Helpers (v1.0.3)

Attachments

• LosingIsFun v1.1.0.zip
    45.1 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Need some urgent help, on my world gen the world's ground level is up high, like 500, there was no way for any of us to know that in the beginning and we have made some tall buildings. Lo and behold, none of the NPCs like the height because of your mod, (we love your mod in every other way.). Is there a way to turn off or at least adjust the height that is too high for the NPCs? I can't seem to find that option in the current config files.

Thanks for the awesome mods hamstar!

P.S. What do these settings mean?
"MinimumTownNpcTileSpacing": 12,
"MinimumRatioTownNPCSolidBlocks": 0.5,
"EvacWarpChargeDurationFrames": 180

P.S.S. Yes, nerfing drops from bosses would be great, just make sure we still get a expert bag on expert mode and that bag is nerfed as well.

Last edited:
Need some urgent help, on my world gen the world's ground level is up high, like 500, there was no way for any of us to know that in the beginning and we have made some tall buildings. Lo and behold, none of the NPCs like the height because of your mod, (we love your mod in every other way.). Is there a way to turn off or at least adjust the height that is too high for the NPCs? I can't seem to find that option in the current config files.

Thanks for the awesome mods hamstar!

P.S. What do these settings mean?
"MinimumTownNpcTileSpacing": 12,
"MinimumRatioTownNPCSolidBlocks": 0.5,
"EvacWarpChargeDurationFrames": 180

P.S.S. Yes, nerfing drops from bosses would be great, just make sure we still get a expert bag on expert mode and that bag is nerfed as well.
Just set MinimumRatioTownNPCSolidBlock to 0 for unlimited build height, and MinimumTownNpcTileSpacing to 0 if you want to sardine-can them together.

If I just want to increase the height limit to higher say double the default what do I set MinimumRatioTownNPCSolidBlock to, do I half it to 0.25 or double it to 1.0?

Thanks for the quick reply by the way, you are the best!

If I just want to increase the height limit to higher say double the default what do I set MinimumRatioTownNPCSolidBlock to, do I half it to 0.25 or double it to 1.0?

Thanks for the quick reply by the way, you are the best!
It's a ratio of blocks to air (including background walls), so 0.25 would mean 1/4 blocks and 3/4 air out of the space it checks beneath the NPC's house.

Is the Birb Staff from Tremor intentionally not working? I narrowed it down to this mod, and it stops the birb from being summoned, despite the summoning sound being heard.

I haven't tested other summoning items.

Also broke the Wooden Whistle from Thorium. Disabling this for now.

Last edited:
Better idea: Simply set 'cheesable' things (like the DD2 event's eternia crystal) to not be hoikable. Maybe even the player character themselves, though that would involve some work.

What other things exist that are easily cheesed with hoiks?
the eternia crystal was hoikable?

In my current modpack, Losing is Fun is causing 100% of projectiles not to spawn, be it magic, guns, summons, bows, sword projectiles, etc. I tried removing mods one by one until I removed Losing is Fun, which fixed it. I reactivated all the other but LiF(? sure, why not) and they still spawned, so it was this one. Kinda ruined our plan to try honor bound when melee is the only option.

The mod list is quite large, so if you want a full mod list, let me know. I don't have the focus to type that much out atm. Though I don't see any that really stand out as likely to be causing a conflict issue, it's mainly content mods like Calamity, Thorium, Weapon Out, etc. Also have Max Stack Plus and all of your mods. newest versions of each. Magic Storage is in there too, as is fargo's and alchemist npc... Basically nothing that affects projectiles, essentially.

In my current modpack, Losing is Fun is causing 100% of projectiles not to spawn, be it magic, guns, summons, bows, sword projectiles, etc. I tried removing mods one by one until I removed Losing is Fun, which fixed it. I reactivated all the other but LiF(? sure, why not) and they still spawned, so it was this one. Kinda ruined our plan to try honor bound when melee is the only option.

The mod list is quite large, so if you want a full mod list, let me know. I don't have the focus to type that much out atm. Though I don't see any that really stand out as likely to be causing a conflict issue, it's mainly content mods like Calamity, Thorium, Weapon Out, etc. Also have Max Stack Plus and all of your mods. newest versions of each. Magic Storage is in there too, as is fargo's and alchemist npc... Basically nothing that affects projectiles, essentially.
I have the same issue, only I haven't enabled this mod. Kinda makes bug testing hard. Anyways, this mod is great, just like all of your mods, keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom