How to look "Good" | Vanity Guide | 4 Tips

Pisces

Terrarian
In Terraria, looking good is a necessity - in my case anyways.
You dont want some purple shield blocking or any other accessory your oh so beautiful pixelated 8 bit body.
Anyways, if you want to look good in-game, you're in the right place~

1: Try working with limited resources.
Work with what you have, you dont need some fancy shmancy all item's map to look good.
Having limited items forces your imagination to work harder, thinking outside the box.

2: Work with a fitting palette
You dont want your character to blast with random colors, no! That just hurts the eye. If it d esnt hurt your eye, it hurts mine anyways.
For example, you're avatar resides in the cold climate of the snowy biome. You're going to have to work with colors that are somehow connected to that biome.

3: Have an insight of what you actually want to make your character look like.
Working blindly is a nono.
Before working on your character YOU MUST know what you're going to do. Think of it as like creating a character for a comic or a movie, you first have to know what kind of character you're making. Their personality reflects their appearance.

4: You can use armor as vanity
Have some armor you thought looked cool but you had to switch to one that is better but doesnt look as good as the one you had before?
You can use different types of armor to make you look nice. The Obsidian Armor looks cool and fits if you're making a ranged bullet character, try googling "Terraria Armor" or something along those lines, you're bound seeing something that you think fits your character or just looks good in general.

Anyways, I hope this guide helped you guys out.
Remember guys, we all are B E A youuutiful in our own ways~
Peaacce Peeps - Pisces

does this
6WzqCBj.png
look okay? IDK , just thought I landed in the "too many colours" part of the post xD

I'm trying to make a tanky character, what derection do you think i should go? By the way I am endgame and have a lot of vanity sets and dyes to work with.

If
I'm trying to make a tanky character, what derection do you think i should go? By the way I am endgame and have a lot of vanity sets and dyes to work with.
If ye be on pc, gladiator armour is always nice though heavy looking armour works to, how should I know though, I'm a parrot

This is very endgame but I like to slap on Lunar Cultist vanity and some void dye. If expert mode I'll put some Jim's Wings in the vanity with void dye as well. For accessories I either hide (shield) or put more void dye or if possible Loki's Dye(looks great on mount). Very endgame and requires some luck with the treasure bags for Loki. Ends up making a very cool looking character.

I'm a bit of an artist, so appearance is everything. I can't just load my chara down with visible accessories and play. They have to look right, even though they are just little sprites. First there is Bubbles, my adventurer. She is clad in a loose white shirt and jean shorts, with boots and a carrying pouch. Next is Bambooby and Starla, my two dryad sisters. They are both wearing dryad clothes(?) and have a visible Band of Regeneration and Hermes Boots, as well as hair ornaments. Last is Stardust, my current hardmode powerhouse (also my avy). She has dryad clothes dyed blue and what I think was Crimson Leggings dyed blue so they look like transparent hose. Also my signature use of a hair ornament :dryadwink:

Bubbles.png Bambooby.png Starla.png Stardust.png

My favorite vanity stuff is Crowno's armour, with a Red cloak. I use Shadow Dye for all of my accessories, and Black Dye for everything else. With leaf wings and shadow dye, they sort of make me look like some sort of angel of death, and I really like the look.

My character got corrupted, so I am planning to build up another one but it has to be themed Ice biome, planning on making her the empress of the Ice.
any suggestions?

I want to build Ness from Earthbound. The only striped shirts I can find are the Sailor (I'm not even in hard mode yet) and the Pixie (I'm not sure there's a dye color that would make that work). I can't find any shorts for male avatars, and the only ball cap I can find is the robot hat. Any help would be appreciated ^_^

you can see my set in my avatar, it's the cyborg shirt and pants with the destroyer mask dyed cyan and black. the crimson cloak and mechanical glove are also cyan and black. it creates a really nice futuristic robot effect, and works best in the mushroom or snow biome

i just gathered lots of the bright pink dye you get from strange plants and put that over my solar wings and ninja gear, oh and bright pink on all my mounts, hooks,pets and accesories(even though they're not visible

I need... must have (in pre hardmode :c)
[doublepost=1515695541,1515695462][/doublepost]It stops hair from showing .-. Can’t have.

Back
Top Bottom