Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely not.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

THE STRANGLER

Steampunker
Sorta a plantera-like boss, but it does not move. It requires a commonly spawning structure that is a large sphere. There is a suspicious-looking mushroom in the middle, and if you hit it or break it Mushrath spawns.

Mushrath looks like Plantera, but it looks like the top of a giant glowing mushroom facing towards the screen.

The structure spawns near or within glowing mushroom biomes. Does not spawn near or on surface.

The structure can spawn if you break an altar.

If you defeat Plantera, or any of the mechanical bosses, it can spawn the structure.
Attacks:
Shooting Glowing Mushrooms (10 - 90)
Shooting bouncy glowing mushroom-like spheres (20 - 70)
Shooting Fungi Spore (atleast, what I think it's called. 30 - 80)
Spawns Glowing Mushroom enemies around it after it's lowered below 50 health.

The vines Plantera uses to move are used on Mushrath to stay stationary (< added afterwards) in the spherical structure. The vines are thin glowing mushroom stems.
You need to break the stems before you can get to the core.

Stems: 7000 health
Core: 15000 health

When Mushrath is spawned, it gives you the de-buff from the Old One's Army that prevents you from building or breaking blocks.. It will not let you teleport using the Discord Rod, either.

The sphere is definetally not small, it's very large and has glowing mushroom platforms placed all around to help the player move around.
Once Mushrath is defeated, Glowing Mushrooms start to spread. If you place a Glowing Mushroom Grass Seed in a jungle, it'll begin to spread over the jungle.

Drops:
Mushrath Mask
Spore Launcher (shoots Fungi Spores, 30 - 60 dmg)
Glowing Mushroom (10 - 50 glowing mushrooms per kill)
Non-glowing Mushroom (Spawns Non-glowing Mushroom Warrior, fights for you and does 20 - 40 dmg)

Expert Drop:
Mushroom Wheel (Mount, the core of Mushrath hallowed out that rolls around. Weapons can be used while riding and it leaves a trail of blue particles.)

Tell me if there are any typos.

Last edited:
that boss is fought after the 3 mechs and it is a plantera stop-gap/alt? definetly no support

Alright, I think everyone thought of that, but you know how you don't really need to defeat the eye of cthulhu? It's just there. A side-boss, you could say. Content.
I never really... Realised until now how it REALLY is alike to Plantera, but it's a very old idea. And, is Plantera the same exact thing as Mushrath? Different concept, it doesn't even MOVE. Mushrath is stationary in the center of the spherical arena.

As of 1.3 all mounts exept DCU can be used with any tools other than hooks.
Well, nobody would really know if it would be able to be used with weapons or not, right?
Old post, anyway, so I don't think this should be remembered...

sorry if some of that sounded rude cuz it's just something I do

Actually, this is a good idea! I still have never done the Plantera fight, but, seeing as there's two of every sort of boss anyway, this could work quite well. Especially since the Mushroom is the only thing that doesn't have a boss yet.

Actually, this is a good idea! I still have never done the Plantera fight, but, seeing as there's two of every sort of boss anyway, this could work quite well. Especially since the Mushroom is the only thing that doesn't have a boss yet.
Also desert, ice (Unless you count ice golem and sandstorm elanental), Granite, Marble, Underground, Space, or Forest.

Also desert, ice (Unless you count ice golem and sandstorm elanental), Granite, Marble, Underground, Space, or Forest.
I gotta say, Eater of Worlds and The Destroyer probably weren't originally intended to be above ground bosses, after all EoW's orbs ARE underground in the corruption ravines.

And yeah, The Destroyer isn't set to a biome anyway.

Back
Top Bottom