Map-Adventure The Forsaken Island

RealSaucer

Skeletron
After a shipwreck, you are stranded on an unfamiliar island. An island that has seemingly been avoided by kingdoms and empires alike, making it a paradise for pirates and smugglers. An island of adventure, quests and treasure, but also of horrid danger. For as you soon will discover, the island was left alone for a reason...

The Forsaken Island
The Forsaken Island is an upcoming adventure map that features a large world for you to discover. While the main story is more or less linear, you will discover many secret dungeons and other side-quests on the way, and you will have the possibility to go back and find new areas that you couldn't reach before, using a lore-friendly fast travel system. Right now the map is in a very early stage, and big parts of the content and story isn't even planned yet. That means you have a chance to share your ideas!

Here's some teaser pictures from early development:
The Beach

The Jungle (heavy WIP)
Fishing Boat
Small Oasis/Camp
(More teasers will be added eventually)

Want to contribute?
  • Do you have ideas for dungeons, characters, locations, side-quests or other features for the map? Share them on this thread or send me a PM, and we'll see if they make it in someday.
  • Have you perhaps made a building, a cave, a puzzle, or even a whole dungeon that you'd like to have incorporated into the map? Send me a PM and we'll discuss it further.
  • Of course, you will be credited for your work.
  • My timezone is GMT+1 by the way.

Credits

In the meantime...
Check out my other map, A Crim Fate, if you haven't already!

Last edited:
Wf5xqLi.jpg

I thought of having multiple islands you can explore and eventually there being a final island you can only get into after you explored all the others. I recommend only having 3 teleports per boat so it makes wiring easier, plus it makes some sense that you can't travel straight to any island from any island without making stops.

In TEdit you'll want to make your surface level 1000 and cavern 1100 so you have maximum sky space to put in islands. Don't drop the levels much lower or the map will become buggy.

Last edited:
Wf5xqLi.jpg

I thought of having multiple islands you can explore and eventually there being a final island you can only get into after you explored all the others. I recommend only having 3 teleports per boat so it makes wiring easier, plus it makes some sense that you can't travel straight to any island from any island without making stops.

In TEdit you'll want to make your surface level 1000 and cavern 1100 so you have maximum sky space to put in islands. Don't drop the levels much lower or the map will become buggy.
Been thinking of this a little. Only problem is that ocean background only appear in the end of a world.

Looking very interesting so far, I really like the theme of it!

I would say no island is complete without a thick, lush jungle, full of enemies and traps, and a temple(s) to go along with it.
I'm not sure about the exact story, but one idea could be little sidequests where you rescue people who got lost there, or captured by whatever secretly inhabits/haunts the island, giving you useful rewards.

That's all I got so far, but I might have more ideas whenever I see more.
I'm stoked to see more of this! ^^

Wf5xqLi.jpg

I've tried using TEdit both on the map and making a new TEdit world with edited surface level, but as soon as I edit a map with TEdit Terraria claims that there are no backups and refuses to load, regardless if I edit the surface level or not. Got any ideas on how to fix this?

I've tried using TEdit both on the map and making a new TEdit world with edited surface level, but as soon as I edit a map with TEdit Terraria claims that there are no backups and refuses to load, regardless if I edit the surface level or not. Got any ideas on how to fix this?
The same thing was happening to me, and then my computer refused to even run the program. I think there's something going on with it.

If you can get back inside TEdit you can copy the whole map and paste it into a new world.
Make the new world the regular way I don't completely trust TEdit's create new map.

Last edited:
First update time! So, I've had some issues lately with TEdit and other stuff, so I haven't been very productive. I've sorted it out now though.

Currently I'm working on the first major location, and the town inside. The town itself is quite interesting, and I can't wait to show you guys a screenshot when it's done.

First update time! So, I've had some issues lately with TEdit and other stuff, so I haven't been very productive. I've sorted it out now though.

Currently I'm working on the first major location, and the town inside. The town itself is quite interesting, and I can't wait to show you guys a screenshot when it's done.
Sweet! Can't wait. Glad to see you sorted through your tech issues; my problems seem to be gone too.

Update time!
Haven't done a lot of stuff lately, and I wish I had a better excuse other than that I've played other games. :rolleyes:

I wanted to play around with details and paint today, and I made this very simple (and honestly kid of ugly) fishing boat.

Update time!
Haven't done a lot of stuff lately, and I wish I had a better excuse other than that I've played other games. :rolleyes:

I wanted to play around with details and paint today, and I made this very simple (and honestly kid of ugly) fishing boat.
That's really quite good, actually. I feel like it is kind of ugly because it's a form-over-function boat; it is used for fishing, not being the King's personal yacht. Also, it looks pretty old, so it is going to be somewhat beat up.

Update time!

Well, I would say it's that bad. It's only testing details, so its not meant to be good. But I like what you did there, I'd like to see what you can make with it!

Back
Top Bottom