Mobile Chaos elemental's not spawning

Is it something built into the game, or is it a bug?

• Its implemented into the game.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • It is a bug.

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

XPoison_80175

Terrarian
I've been wanting the Rod of discord for it to be in my collection and not for use. So there is only one way to get it, and that is to farm chaos elemental's in order to get it. I go to the specific area where the spawn, "Where Crystal shards grow". I wait a while for some mobs to actually start spawning, but all that spawn are illuminate bats and slimes. Once I even "farmed" for 2 hours, and I did not see a single one.

Well if u want the rod of death (no srsly I mean it it kills!) Then report to 505 games by email why not u bright the app with email so why not actually send an email?

I fixed my problem, Chaos elementals only spawn in large areas (mobile), and when I sent them the email, they just told me to ask the forums...... so that didnt help, but I got my rod of discord now so I'm good, but thanks for the feedback anyway ;-)

I fixed my problem, Chaos elementals only spawn in large areas (mobile), and when I sent them the email, they just told me to ask the forums...... so that didnt help, but I got my rod of discord now so I'm good, but thanks for the feedback anyway ;-)
When you say"large areas", what does that mean? Large open areas? So if I make a farm and block of a lot of area and just have a couple tunnels, they won't spawn?

Please specify what open areas are as I have seen 1 chaos elemental in months

Finally I have chaos Elementals spawning regularly. I haven't got a ROD yet but I did get a rainbow rod. I'm hoping they might still drop a ROD. I'll try to explain this. I had a farm going where I was on the ground and I was seeing tonnes of illuminant bats and slimes but no elementals. I noticed that every once in a while I would be walking to my farm and an elemental would appear! So I cleared out my farm to a big open space with paths on the left and right, and it was very much the same. Bats and slimes. BUT, I put myself up off the ground a good ways and I noticed that bunches of elementals are now spawning! And if I jump down to the ground the bats and slimes just start mobbing like crazy!

It seems to me that on mobile, the elementals wont spawn with illuminant bats and slimes, but the do spawn along with giant bats and cave bats. I am also getting a lot of armored skeletons and archers and mimics along with the elementals BUT only when I am up off the ground a ways. I don't know if my farm is right on the boundary of a vertical change in biomes or what?

I have attached a pic of my new farm that is spawning elementals. I might try to route them above me so I can get money but I'm scared to tamper with it

Attachments

• IMG_5693.JPG
    IMG_5693.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 2,376
Finally I have chaos Elementals spawning regularly. I haven't got a ROD yet but I did get a rainbow rod. I'm hoping they might still drop a ROD. I'll try to explain this. I had a farm going where I was on the ground and I was seeing tonnes of illuminant bats and slimes but no elementals. I noticed that every once in a while I would be walking to my farm and an elemental would appear! So I cleared out my farm to a big open space with paths on the left and right, and it was very much the same. Bats and slimes. BUT, I put myself up off the ground a good ways and I noticed that bunches of elementals are now spawning! And if I jump down to the ground the bats and slimes just start mobbing like crazy!

It seems to me that on mobile, the elementals wont spawn with illuminant bats and slimes, but the do spawn along with giant bats and cave bats. I am also getting a lot of armored skeletons and archers and mimics along with the elementals BUT only when I am up off the ground a ways. I don't know if my farm is right on the boundary of a vertical change in biomes or what?

I have attached a pic of my new farm that is spawning elementals. I might try to route them above me so I can get money but I'm scared to tamper with it
Wow now THAT is strange but I'm so desperate I'm gonna go and do it now. Btw when you get a rod (and u will with those spawns) can u tell us if it works properly since update?

Well I excavated a large area of hallow and stood high off the ground and nothing has happened so I will try it at a biome boundary but if I were you don't tamper with what you have currently as you seem to have been very very lucky.

Well I excavated a large area of hallow and stood high off the ground and nothing has happened so I will try it at a biome boundary but if I were you don't tamper with what you have currently as you seem to have been very very lucky.

Here is a the big picture, hope that helps in any way

Attachments

• IMG_5694.JPG
    IMG_5694.JPG
    466.8 KB · Views: 1,709
I have seen a chaos elemental but note I said "a chaos elemental", not " chaos elementals" (meaning I've only seen 1 chaos elemental, but I've also seen 1 spectrecle (however you spell it) elemental).

Wow. I finally got one. And it is working perfectly on mobile. I think the problem with the ROD on mobile is if you are just swinging it around like a weapon and not clicking where you want to go with your finger. Anyways.. good luck folks, may the RNGod be with you

I don't see any chaos elementals at all. The last time I've seen them was a few months ago, but ever since the expanded map update, I haven't seen a single one since than. I don't know if this is a bug, but I hope 505games fixes it soon.

What is occurring is that Chaos Elementals spawn ON PEARLSTONE OR PEARLSAND, not biome dependent. In the Hallow, the constant spawns of Illuminant Bats and Slimes seem to override Chaos Elemental spawns, but putting pearlstone in other biomes without technically triggering the biome to switch has netted me multiple spawns.

I've been wanting the Rod of discord for it to be in my collection and not for use. So there is only one way to get it, and that is to farm chaos elemental's in order to get it. I go to the specific area where the spawn, "Where Crystal shards grow". I wait a while for some mobs to actually start spawning, but all that spawn are illuminate bats and slimes. Once I even "farmed" for 2 hours, and I did not see a single one.

: its hard to find the Chaos elemental because mobs including,iluminatingBats and slimes Can Block the Chaos Elemental to spawn

So I tried to copy yours and it worked. Thanks a lot.
-I tried it in the underground hollow first but it did not work so
I moved it to the normal underground thing(purity idk)
and it worked.

I'm on Pc, that helped me tho

For those who alredy have a big space for their Elemental Chaos but still don't spawn, you need to be inside it, by this I mean you need to touch at least 1 square that is connected to that space. This means you can't be covered by walls with a trigger (that was my problem) so you may want to change those walls to doors.

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language. See attatched picture for quick explanation.

Attachments

• HowToSpawnElementalChaos.png
    HowToSpawnElementalChaos.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 498
Back
Top Bottom