Game Mechanics A change to the Angler's reward mechanics:

Techdude594

Skeletron Prime
Currently, in the PC verison of Terraria, the Angler's item chances exponentially increase as you complete more quests. Quoting the wiki page: 'The chances of functional, non-potion items gradually increase from their base rates with the number of quests completed: they become more likely (and others less likely) as more quests are completed.' The wiki page explains that as you complete more quests, many key items such as the hotline fishing hook increase in drop chance. However, below this, the wiki states 'After the 150th completed quest, the chances permanently reset to their base rates below, as if the player were always on their first quest each time thereafter.' So after the 150th quest, the drop rates reset permanently. This doesn't seem right, and seems unintentional. Shouldn't dedicated fishers enjoy higher drop rates of functional items such as the Super-Absorbent Sponge, Fin Wings, etc.? If this is intentional behavior, I would like to know why. Otherwise, it would be great if this was fixed at the ~6x base rate that you receive after completing your 150th quest, instead of it just resetting. Some of the Angler's items are very rare, after all! Even more interesting, it seems that coins aren't affected by this, and that certain items decrease as the base value of certain items increase. This may just be incorrect information displaying on the wiki page, but this has always intrigued me.
Link to the wiki page here: https://terraria.wiki.gg/Angler

Best regards,
Techdude

I don't know if that info is true or not, nor do I know how to verify it, but I found it weird when I read the wiki as well. If it's true, I support this.

Back
Top Bottom