Sprites The Necropolis (Alternate Desert)

here is a suggestion
you should include things from your other alternates in existing ones
like create a wight for the infestation or the Whimsy or the Glade or something like that
I don't do this for 2 reasons;

1. The workload after releasing so many alternates would be ridiculous. Just using existing alts and content as an example, it would mean a wight for; glade, whimsy, infestation, corruption, crimson, hallow. It would simply compound out of control after that.

2. The alternates are their own stand alone suggestions. They're thinly/loosely connected to each other as *my* suggestions, but as content themselves -- they are meant to be added in individually with no need for any of the others. Adding "Glade" content to this would make it seem like The Glade and The Necropolis would have to be added as a package deal. And that's just not how I want my suggestions to be.

amazing work, i love all your ideas and designs!

Question: Not sure if this has been asked before or answered, but have you considered working with mod developers to bring your ideas to life in game? I mean no disrespect to the devs of Terraria but i dont think any suggestions people give, no matter how much support and backing the community gives it, i dont think these brilliant ideas and designs will be implemented. Which is a shame because your work is so astounding!

At least by working with mod developers, you could create an alternate biome generator mod, though coding isnt anything i dabble in so i assume it would be very tough to accomplish this. But Your ideas, designs, and concepts could have a much grander chance of being brought to life through working with modders then hoping the official terraria devs implement them.

Any thoughts? Id love to hear your opinion on this. :happy:

Question: Not sure if this has been asked before or answered, but have you considered working with mod developers to bring your ideas to life in game? I mean no disrespect to the devs of Terraria but i dont think any suggestions people give, no matter how much support and backing the community gives it, i dont think these brilliant ideas and designs will be implemented. Which is a shame because your work is so astounding!

At least by working with mod developers, you could create an alternate biome generator mod, though coding isnt anything i dabble in so i assume it would be very tough to accomplish this. But Your ideas, designs, and concepts could have a much grander chance of being brought to life through working with modders then hoping the official terraria devs implement them.

Honestly, just in PM's alone -- I get something like this at least once a week. Either someone who thinks I should make my suggestions mods, someone who wants to make a mod of my work, or someone who wants to incorporate my alts into an existing mod.

I've decided when my alt work is finished -- I'll give mods another "thinking on". But for now -- I'm just not open to the idea.

But I wouldn't rule the devs out entirely. They've introduced a lot of community suggestions over the years. It's just simply harder for alternates because on top of the already brutal and limited suggestion selection; everything contained within needs to align with the dev's vision for the game AND alts themselves are massive workloads. You can't take something like The River and work on it after 1.3.6 and have it done for 1.3.7 for example.

At the end of the day, I just enjoy making alts. And I enjoy that others like them too. If the devs think one of these is cool enough to be slotted into the game -- I'd be open to that, clearly. But for mods? Now is not the time.

fair and respectable reply! Thanks for answering my question i appreciate it!

As long as you have fun doing what you do thats most important, and i completely understand and agree with your statements. I would love to see your alts employed into the game itself by the devs, so if by chance it happens then awesome! Again thanks for the answer and reply, your work is fantastic and you have quite the talent!

Thanks for the suggestion! i am super bad at coding tho. :sigh:ima try and talk with devs, probably with DiverSam or who created calamity, and i'd love to see the things in-game. you've just made my day.

Wait...

"WARNING: SLIME HOARDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

O god

:rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::kingslime:
PS: I just noticed this was for izzabelle, i got an alert for it so i thought it was a reply to meh sorry ;-; thought it was for my reply 'i will probbally make a mod about this

Last edited:
This idea is incredible! I need this.

(P.S., Cubepixel, Nobody gave you permission to make this mod or give to anyone else to make. It is Izzabelle's, and you should at least ASK her to make a mod about it before you claim you will.
P.P.S., she was talking to you when she posted "Are you perhaps in the wrong thread? cause I haven't given anyone permission to use this in a mod." why else would she quote you?)

Amazing! I would LOVE this biome in my world!! I had an idea that there could be a Bog biome replacing the Jungle. I may still eventually post about it, but I don't have the time to put in the amazing work you do.

I don't think we need an alternate Desert. It could go along with the desert (Like how Marble and Granite are both in the same world)

@Izzabelle ok, it appears as if all GREEN rarity images are broken and an ingredient for the Bindings of Contempt is broken, though im not sure what it was before

EDIT: Bindings of Contempt ingredient might be chains, as the chandelier chain ingredient is also broken

Last edited:
Your spritework is fantastic, and it's a detailed suggestion that clearly had some thought put into it, but I'm not sure I can support this one. Taking away the desert removes...rather a lot, really. First off is that "look for the desert" is the fastest and most reliable way to get sand - and through sand, glass and all the things it makes, especially bottles - in the early game. It also takes away the antlion hive and underground desert. Maybe it's in one of your broken images (I reloaded the page several times to no success), but I don't see anything on how the underground would generate, and little on the surface. That leaves me to assume that it's completely different, which means losing one of the best places to get an Extractinator, a truly invaluable tool.

Also, while not strictly relevant, wouldn't the equivalent to Sandstorm in a Bottle be Fog in a Bottle?

Back
Top Bottom