Sprites The Infestation (Alternate Corruption)

This looks awesome they should actually add this to the game. Would be cool to have a third infectious land to pick from besides the corruption and crimson.

The flatworm needs to have a positive effect before reaching its final tier; otherwise the item might as well just be a material. All in all, though, I like the idea a lot.

The flatworm needs to have a positive effect before reaching its final tier; otherwise the item might as well just be a material. All in all, though, I like the idea a lot.
I actually think it's fine as is, since the end result is so powerful. It's an interesting concept for an item that we haven't seen before, and I like it the way it is. I mean, yeah, you're not going to actually wear it beforehand, but that doesn't make the concept any less valid.

Anyway, I adore all of Izzabelle's alternates, and any of them reaching the game would be a delightful thing. All of my approval!

Thank you! Never heard of the Goa'uld before, but they sound great. You may be interested to know that The Infestation is influenced, and pays homage to, several pop-media alien races; The Scrin, The Zerg, Tyranids, and the universe of the Xenomorph. There's a few more subtle references littered throughout -- it will be interesting to see if anyone can find them all.

A support banner for the suggestion will be posted at a later date!
I'm not sure how much of this biome is actually inspired by Parasite Eve, but the Viceroy and the Monarch definitely remind me of some forms of Mitochondria Eve. I didn't think about that game at all while browsing the sprites until the bosses, and now I really want to play those games again. If I were a modder or developer implementing this World Evil alternative, I'd probably be a sneaky grot and try to sneak the tonfa or No.9 mask in as an easter egg.

I might also consider making the Flatworm upgradable at the birthing altar, instead of the tinkerer's workshop for simple thematic reasons, though all of the upgrade materials can be acquired before the Tinkerer is available, so I guess there's that balance issue to consider. Now that I think on it, I suppose the upgrade materials are all gadgets, too, so maybe I didn't think this through.

Am I to understand that the Monarch completely replaces the Destroyer?

All in all, I like this biome set a lot. Thank you for putting it together. Even the "controversial" items are interesting to consider, and thematic and wonderful.

This idea's more fleshed out than flesh furniture! For the 1st boss, is it supposed to have 950 hp though? It's got high attack, but still...

Reactions: Bry
I have nothing to say. I'm speechless, my computer lags just typing this comment from all the feedback you've gotten and all the things you posted.

Give me a banner for this please

Amazing! I love the artistic skills you have and your creative imagination. I'm these sure brings a light to the world, especially if one is depressed or upset. Your ideas spark a light of inspiration in my soul, and I would love to see more of these amazing creations. Keep up the good work, Izzabelle! :dryadwink:

um... impressive. I can only assume work started before crimson, but I will request that you switch paraspore to a simple retexture of deathweed as that's how it does it in the crimson (there are other minor things like this that tie the biomes together better that are ignored in the suggestion, but this is an alternative, and those aren't always even too similar, so I won't complain, just hope I can eventually mess around with them in-game). As far as the monarch... how do you spawn it? is it a moon-lord replacement? is it some bizarre replacement of the for the twins? (it sounds closer to moon-lord, but twins are the only other thing with corruption affecting them)

there was clearly a lot of effort put into it, but I feel it could use a little more organization. I like it as a third corruption, but it doesn't seem terribly organized, mainly with the monarch, and... what exactly is it?

Monarch is a replacement for EoW or BoC, spawned by breaking three embryo's, which are the shadow orb/bloody heart replacement.

Ooh! Idea for the flatworm evolution. When collected, flatworms will immediately go into a locked 7th (6th in easy mode worlds) accessory slot, and will automatically craft to more powerful tiers as more flatworms are created. This way the pain will be there, but it is worth it in the long run when you get a nice healling accessory that doesn't take up a slot.

The only problem with this idea is that you need to break 5*2*2*2 = ~40 things to get one... nvm. So images don't load up for me if you didn't load them into the thing directly (meaning images linked from source game material don't work). I had originally thought for some odd reason it was 2 of the previous type, but that's not right. In that case it depends on what the secondary item is for upgrading for if my idea will work.

Back
Top Bottom