tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Well i've got a brand new problem, The Sick Throw breaks weapon racks.

fb5a8a56ebe3ec54ba2cf761b97cb384.png

This is the rack with the Yoyo on it. If you look closely, you can see there's a glitched chunk on the left.

Edit: Actually, now that i'm lookign.. All of the thorium yo-yos break.

Well i've got a brand new problem, The Sick Throw breaks weapon racks.

fb5a8a56ebe3ec54ba2cf761b97cb384.png

This is the rack with the Yoyo on it. If you look closely, you can see there's a glitched chunk on the left.

Edit: Actually, now that i'm lookign.. All of the thorium yo-yos break.
Tmodloader issue. All modded weapons can do that.

That is due to the fact that racks cannot store the amount of IDs that the vanilla game + Thorium has. Happens with Calamity and any mod with many items as well. This issue can sometimes 'break' the items placed.

You cannot get it back unless you craft it again or cheat it in. I'd personally cheat it back in since that bug is extremely annoying.

Also don't quote me on this but I thought that bug with mannequins and racks will be fixed in an upcoming tMod update. Either that or vanilla will have to fix it (if the devs are willing that is).

Is symphonic damage affected by any form of base damage modifier? I'm using Experience and Classes mod, but the tokens only affect melee, ranged, throwing, magic and minion damage... if not, then I'll have to choose my tokens based on other mods like life, dodge chance, and run speed.

Edit: Also, does anyone know what modifiers the Bard weapons can get? I'm not sure if I should be settling for Godly on many of these, or if they're capable of Unreal or some such.
the best modifiers ive found to be the best are superior and deadly

the best modifiers ive found to be the best are superior and deadly
Yeah, I was looking at Agile or Murderous, for the speed and crit chance. I'm just restless that they apparently only seem to get global mods... detracts from the unique flavor of them somewhat.

Hey there. Love the mod. tho with the new update I noticed the butterflies have been nerfed in a way that wasn't put in the patch log. They seem to now have a maximum range they can go from the player. Which is problematic as they target one mob and won't attack any other mob untill that one is dead. Which means they will sit there at max range from the player doing nothing till that mob gets close enough. And as someone who has the tier 5 butterfly wand this makes me sad.

Is the right click targeting fixed on the butterfly staff? If you can re target enemies then the single mob targeting shouldn't be much of a problem.

The problem is not the targeting. Its the range. Its now so short that they are almost useless in fighting any boss that requires you to keep a bit of distance between you and them. They were really good before when they could go alil past the edge of the screen pretty much no matter the direction.(1080P). Using the grand design to measure they cap out at 30 tiles away from the player in the up down east and west directions. and about 20 tiles away at the diagonals. And for trying to do a Summoner playthrough thats just not enough space when it comes to many bosses in hard mode. And calamity. and even thorium bosses.

Usually I'm all for customizability, but in this case...maybe just don't use them? Neither one gets anything particularly unbalancing, and they're just options. There's really no reason why you can't just ignore either or both of them.

I'm not using them, but it's just slightly annoying constantly picking up the items.

I absolutely love this mod but i am not a huge fan of the new grand thunder bird, i am doing a second playthrough so i have fought him once before but i really enjoyed him as a boss. He was really fun to fight and i really liked the sprite because it was kinda cute

Hi, registered on the forums to report a bug. Something weird thing happened. I crafted Ancient Blade but I didn't knew that you need to use it in caverns, so i used it in my arena on surface, and for some strange reason Lunar Events started. And I can't even end it in a cheat way, there are no towers spawned. It's just this ultra-hard enemies, this fancy background and no end of suffering. I haven't even defeated Wall of Flash yet. Just tried this in new world, Nothing happened. Are there any logs I can send? For now I dunno, I'm just copying my base and bringing it into a new world.

Upd: got one mod from mod browser, called admin weapon or something. Summoned Lunatic Cultist, killed him, killed last boss, still has yellow background and falling stars and enemies keep spawning.

Upd: restart solved issue, enemies disappeared and sky is not yellow anymore.

Last edited:
I absolutely love this mod but i am not a huge fan of the new grand thunder bird, i am doing a second playthrough so i have fought him once before but i really enjoyed him as a boss. He was really fun to fight and i really liked the sprite because it was kinda cute
The original Thunder Bird fight was just moving left and right while dodging a bunch of :red: it would spit out. In terms of boss design, it was horrendous. In this new form, it's a much better first boss. Demonstrates boss minion spawning, charging, simple and non-punishing projectiles and it's expert ability makes more sense. Maybe I could make it slightly harder, but I'd like to get a feel for peoples response to it first.

The original Thunder Bird fight was just moving left and right while dodging a bunch of :red: it would spit out. In terms of boss design, it was horrendous. In this new form, it's a much better first boss. Demonstrates boss minion spawning, charging, simple and non-punishing projectiles and it's expert ability makes more sense. Maybe I could make it slightly harder, but I'd like to get a feel for peoples response to it first.
I'd be fine if you made him slightly harder. Although regarding the sprite upgrade, the difference is light and day -- he looks immensely better now. It's always great to see more improvements made to a mod that's already one of the finest-looking (if not the best) out there. :)

If this is a known bug I apologize for posting. If you're playing multiplayer and one player has a Butterfly Charm in their inventory to spawn exotic butterflies, the exotic butterflies phase in and out of existence causing damage when they disappear. They do this at random intervals and might not disappear for several seconds and sometimes do it multiple times a second. This makes catching exotic butterflies nearly impossible due to this random nature.

Maybe, but the Butterfly Staff is a donator weapon, but could be

Have some "Butterfly Boomerangs" for Melee, an "Butterfly Cage" and "B. Cage Launcher" for Rocket-based Ranged Weapons, and even an Butterfly upgrade to the Granite Boss's Expert weapon for Magic!
Also some Armor that can be buffed with higher grades of Butterflies and giving bonus Butterflies for each weapon as set bonuses would work too!

Back
Top Bottom