One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always play on a crimson world for awhile.
Honestly I like corruption a bit more than crimson, but I am stoked for the new background coming to the crimson. It will relay make me like its atmosphere a lot more.

I'm not a console player, but I can still feel the weight of these changes being very, very heavy for console players. Still, I think it's a good change in the long run. Can't wait to see what else is in the future, and I am very glad that the devs are willing to make such drastic changes to maintain their true vision for the game. I guess that's one of the reasons this game is so great to begin with! Keep up the good work :dryadgrin:

https://youtube.com/watch?list=PLFA...8AS&params=OAFIAVgL&v=hHM8kl8XKwM&mode=NORMAL

at like 4:00 or something, the Tin Ore appears the same.

At 6:07 The coins are the same as they were, they don't look like this: View attachment 183764View attachment 183765View attachment 183763View attachment 183766

Granted, this is an older stream.
Also, in the most recent video (the Lunatic Cultist one), it didn't seem like there were any slots for pets, grapples, mounts, etcetera, like there was in 1.3 PC.

I really, really hope they don't exclude that... it was SO much more convenient.

Also, in the most recent video (the Lunatic Cultist one), it didn't seem like there were any slots for pets, grapples, mounts, etcetera, like there was in 1.3 PC.

I really, really hope they don't exclude that... it was SO much more convenient.
they've shown that stuff before. I'm not sure which video though.

I've got a question about pricing for the console versions? Since they are trying to be more similar to the PC version, in terms of no exclusive content, etc, does that mean that the prices of the console versions will drop to match the PC version?

I've got a question about pricing for the console versions? Since they are trying to be more similar to the PC version, in terms of no exclusive content, etc, does that mean that the prices of the console versions will drop to match the PC version?

I'm almost completely certain the prices are going to remain as is for Console.

The prices of the Console versions of the game aren't higher because they have exclusive content compared to the PC version. They're higher because of pricing policies with Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo from what I understand. On top of how it is more expensive to produce physical console versions of the game which have to be sold through retailers as well compared to just being digital on Steam.

Unless otherwise stated, I'm assuming the prices will remain the same.

It's a shame to see so much content I grew up with suddenly vanish.. I hope one day some of the stuff (Especially Ocram as personally I thought it was a fun boss fight and it is very dear to me) could be reworked and put into every version because truth be told I'm not a massive fan of exclusives, I like having it equal across the board and honestly it would be amazing seeing some old stuff return, reworked and brought back for everyone to enjoy. Yes I understand Ocram was a simple reskin (though honestly Ocram in terms of appearance looks amazing) of the Eye of Cthulu and given some extra attacks, but could you imagine if he was reworked and created as a boss as equal (or harder) difficulty as Duke Fishron with new attacks, movement etc.?

Personally, I'd like to share a few ideas on how a reworked Ocram could fight.

So obviously, keep Ocram's design the same beacuse that is honestly perfect how it is.
Ocram always moved quite, weirdly. His sprite would turn upside down as he shared the Eye of Cthulu's movement pattern which looked a little silly if I'm honest. It's hard to take a boss seriously when he's upside down half the time. So instead, why don't we make Ocram walk? I mean, those things on the side do look like legs afterall. He could perhaps jump up and levetate at times as well.
In terms of attacks, his servants could become deadly homing explosive attacks which have less of a spawn rate but deal a serious punch. The servants of course can be destroyed.
The main gem on his forehead could sometimes erup in a green laser barage, sending somewhat strong lasers flying all over the place.
Ocram could also have a charging attack, which wouldn't last too long but could deal serious damage, this attack could be easily avoided by staying off ground, though he could also have a leaping variant which isn't as strong but is able to hit airborne players.
Now I mentioned a feature where he would jump and levetate, well I have an idea. When he levetates he could open his mouth and unveil a vortex which sucks in players, if players get too close they will take continuous damage.
Oh, and since Ocram is land based he can't keep up with players very well.. So he has an ability just like the WoF where if you try going too far away he will use those green tendtils on his back to reel you back in. (In expert mode these could also poison you).

So that's phase 1 Ocram.
Phase 2 Ocram gets more challenging.

Remember his barrage of demon scythes? Well, let's bring those back. But green and more deadly. I feel like this attack had to come back just due to how memorable it was.
His other attacks would be more sporadic, dished out slightly faster and powerful, making him harder and less predictable. His defence would drop by a fair amount however.

His drops? Well, let's make his drops the exclusive console items! Items like the Tizona could be buffed up to the same power as the Duke Fishron items, this would mean these items are no longer craftable. Ocram could drop Souls of Blight again, though these would be used as a means to make his boss spawner easier to craft. His spawner would have two recipies, one being 30 Souls of Blight and the other would consist of 20 of each gem, perhaps 5 Souls of Night and maybe a new item called a Mysterious Gem, which would only spawn into the world once Golem has been defeated. These Mysterious Gems would naturally generate underground, they would emit a distinct green glow. 5 of these would be needed alongside the other materials to craft the Infected Gemstone, which would look just like Ocram's main gem. This would be Ocram's new spawner.

Once Ocram is defeated, a mesaage would appear saying something like:
'Powerful lifeforms detected, watch out...'
This would trigger every console exclusive enemy to start spawning into the world, they would have decreased spawn rates so they would be somewhat rare, however they would be much stronger than usual. These enemies could have a 1/200 chance to drop a Soul of Blight.

Ocram's drops are as followed:
Soul of Blight 25 - 40 (100%)
Greater Healing Potion 5 - 15 (100%)
Sparkly Wings (10%)
Ocram Mask (14.29%)
Ocram Trophy (10%)
Mysterious Gem Fragments 1 - 5 (100%)
5 Mysterious Gem Fragments are needed to craft 1 Mysterious Gem.
Ocram is guaranteed to only drop one of these items at a time:
Tizona
Tonbogiri
Sharanga (with Spectral Arrows)
Vulcan Repeater (with Vulcan Bolts)
Ocram also has a very rare chance to drop the following, only one may drop at a time though:
Vial of Blood (5%)
Beeswax (5%)
Wolf Fang (5%)
Brain (5%)
Petri Dish (5%)
Cabbage (5%)
Mysterious Gems can be used with bones to craft a Suspicous Looking Skull, which is Ocram's orginal, overpriced spawner. This item will simply act as a placeable lightsource which glows a nice green colour.

In expert mode, Ocram will be stronger and quicker and have a brand new move which causes Ocram to shoot out poison spikes. Ocram will drop a loot bag containing the various Ocram drops and a brand new item being a new accessory called the 'Infected Jewel'. This acessory grants you the power of Ocram, as you will shoot out green lasers when enemies get close with the occasional green demon scythe which can pass though walls. The item works just like Plantera's Spore Sac. Though the projectiles can't home in, but will shoot in the direction of the enemy.

Also this version of Ocram can be battled at any time of the day.

Well, that's my idea. I hope you enjoy my thoughts for a reworked Ocram!

Attachments

• Ocram_animated.gif
    Ocram_animated.gif
    37 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Will the Monokuma costume remain on the Japanese console version?

Also peep that wall above me, just, why?

Last edited:
i will probably get hate for this but oh well i have questions might as well ask
Most of the current "exclusive" content in Console will be greatly changed or phased out altogether. (Details Below)

Why?
  • When this content was added to the game, things were very different. PC development had ceased for a time, and this was all "endgame" content for everyone to interact with and continue their adventure.
  • Since that time, things have obviously greatly changed for Terraria and the game's development. Quite simply, the game has outgrown the content itself and even the need for there to be exclusives for console.
  • The content itself is obsolete and has never fit with the vision for Terraria. What was endgame gear is now a mix of vanity and mid-game gear that is more of a stopgap/alternate to Chlorophyte that is simply not needed in the game anymore.
  • These tweaks make possible that the remaining content may see its way onto PC, finally yielding a true "One Terraria" experience once the "catch up" effort is completed.
this might explain the items begin removed although i have no clue how the Sharanga a Pre-hard mode bow is "endgame" content. but besides that why are the vanity items and pets being removed?
  • Console Vanity will be removed from the game, with the exception of the Horned God set. This will be added to the Traveling Merchant's inventory.
  • Sparkly Wings will be removed from the game
    • Currently-owned Sparkly Wings will be replaced by Cenx's Wings.
  • Console-exclusive Pets will be removed from the game
    • Currently-owned exclusive pets will be replaced with a gold bunny each. Feel free to sell him for 10g or put it in your very own bunny cage to replace that pet companionship.
    • There is a chance that a few of these will be revisited at a later date and re-added to the game with revamped art and/or AI.
im confused why the vanity items and pets being removed your reasons only seem to talk about endgame did someone kill duke fishtron with the pet bat or something?

"finally yielding a true "One Terraria" experience" nice so when do we get that "One Terraria" experience that i can think of pc still has exclusives (heroes clothes and plumbers clothes) when will we be getting those?

"Quite simply, the game has outgrown the content itself and even the need for there to be exclusives for console." "These tweaks make possible that the remaining content may see its way onto PC" this is all just a ploy to get pc players to stop :red:ing about console exclusives isnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom