Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pipeworks you lied because you said it would be out by end of 3rd quarter and now I have to wait even longer. Don't say something you don't know because now I'm sad. I think I'll just quit terraria because I just can't wait any longer. Great game anyways

[doublepost=1506744103,1506743871][/doublepost]I need help. A friend on steam gifted me Terraria and i started to download it. Later i pressed play game. But then it was stuck on the running sign but it didnt load the actual game. I looked up countless terreria guides on how to fix this issue and none of them work. So i need help on what to do and why my game isnt working. Ty!
Did you leave it and wait a while? On my laptop Terraria takes an oddly long time to open (~2 or 3 minute wait) but it does open eventually. You might be getting this.

PC master race is terrible. Whatever you have fun on is the best. easy as that. Arguing is stupid.

Meh, if you want the "best" gaming platform PC is technically the best. Massive amount of exellent games, virtually all are optimised for pc so most game will probably feel better, hardware etc.

If you want the "best" platform for you then it may not end up being the best for you. Your personal best platform really isnt just based on stats or whatever.

Me personally, I'd absoloutly love a PC. But due to costs (yes, I realise it would ultimatly end up cheaper but I am not able to get the money needed at once for a pc), I'm stuck with a ps4. Not saying saying ps4s are bad, they are nice (love the remotes, and the friends stuff as well as an in system team speak thing is always nice), but for me, a pc would probably be better.

That....and destiny....yeah.

A bit off topic, would anyone else love it if the devs of these consoles stopped wjth the looks, visual upgrades etc for practicallity? My ps4 is annoyingly loud, and even if you want to clean the thing yourself unless you either have the tools or have the money to buy the tools its going to be a pain to clean it....specially if you are like me amd hate messing with the insides of consoles in fear of breaking it and having no console to play on for a while...

Really....Look you said it that 1.3 was coming out a Q2 And nope it's coming out Q3 and nope it's coming out in Q4 then nope 1.3 is not coming out for Xbox1 and PS4. I've been patient and now I want the update now! Even if you do make the game perfect as the way you want it, there is bound to be glitches no matter what. That's how games are. So if you just released it then people would be happy. Just patch the glitch, that's all you have to do.

Personal Attack- Never insult other people. You are excused from posting on this Thread
Really....Look you said it that 1.3 was coming out a Q2 And nope it's coming out Q3 and nope it's coming out in Q4 then nope 1.3 is not coming out for Xbox1 and PS4. I've been patient and now I want the update now! Even if you do make the game perfect as the way you want it, there is bound to be glitches no matter what. That's how games are. So if you just released it then people would be happy. Just patch the glitch, that's all you have to do.

dude, they aren't being paid for this first of all,and second of all stop acting like a spoiled toddler, some of us actually respect that the devs take so long to make this big update, so if they put a lot of delays to make it just about perfect just so we don't have to deal with a terribly glitchy update.But just a normal update with hard to find (or encounter) bugs and glitches, you can wait another month, because almost all of us can.

i said it was gonna be delayed and i was right lol terraria console edition 1.3 coming in 2018 or 2020 or whenever the terminators take over maybe they will enjoy the game while they are killing off all the humans

Edit btw the only way they could justify this long of a wait is if they included 1.3.1 and all the others up to 1.3.5 for a one terraria experience(with pc is nearly at 1.4)

Personal attack - do not insult other people. You are banned from replying further.
dude, they aren't being paid for this first of all,and second of all stop acting like a spoiled toddler, some of us actually respect that the devs take so long to make this big update, so if they put a lot of delays to make it just about perfect just so we don't have to deal with a terribly glitchy update.But just a normal update with hard to find (or encounter) bugs and glitches, you can wait another month, because almost all of us can.

1. Of course they're getting paid for their work, just because players don't pay for updates doesn't mean they wont get paid for the work they're putting into these updates.
2. You stop acting like a toddler, people have a right to their opinion and frustration, you disagreeing with said opinion doesn't make them "Spoiled toddlers"
3. "some of us actually respect that the devs take so long to make this big update, so if they put a lot of delays to make it just about perfect just so we don't have to deal with a terribly glitchy update." This would have actually been a valid point if it wasn't for the fact that we still have tons of glitches and bugs even after the huge delays we receive again and again that were supposedly getting rid of them.

It's fine that you're so supportive of the dev's but you have NO right to talk :red: about people or judge them for expressing frustration at something they have had to deal with since the game released on consoles.

I mean surely you can understand that when people check the news only to see PC receiving 1.4 and Consoles getting delay after delay on 1.3 that it might piss them off.

Pretty sure we already surpassed the previous updates delays that lasted for 8+ months...

Last edited:
Pipeworks you lied because you said it would be out by end of 3rd quarter and now I have to wait even longer. Don't say something you don't know because now I'm sad. I think I'll just quit terraria because I just can't wait any longer. Great game anyways
They never said it would be out in Q3, they always said that was their target release date.

Youve had multiple years to catch console up with PC. Dont use the term "game of this scale" to justify a long list of delays and justify laziness. It's your job to ensure a product is released on time and with decent quality.

While this is a great game, asset wise it isnt that deep. Its a 2D block builder with RPG mechanics and a RNG loot system. Not that hard to transfer to a ps4 especially since the primary assets have already been transferred over and youre not adding any substantial difference to the game code. The difference between the current console version and base 1.3 is not huge, its a good size, but nothing that justifies multiple delays.

You have a job, do it. There are video game companys out there that release products and fix issues within a week or even the next day (epic games with fortnite for instance) and their products sell well and are reviewed pretty decently. Ive played both on p.c and console, console is a much more comfortable platform, but for some strange reason gets neglected even though terraria caters more to the casual player which console also primarily appeals to.

There are plenty of reasons this update shouldve been done and console players should be complaining about 1.3.4 not being released yet. This is just lazy.

Oo cert time to get ready.

Also wow lil_j_hill gets a warning for defending the developers and since when is calling someone a toddler an insult? people are way to sensitive these days if i got this upset from being called fat i'd have killed myself by now.

Youve had multiple years to catch console up with PC. Dont use the term "game of this scale" to justify a long list of delays and justify laziness. It's your job to ensure a product is released on time and with decent quality.

While this is a great game, asset wise it isnt that deep. Its a 2D block builder with RPG mechanics and a RNG loot system. Not that hard to transfer to a ps4 especially since the primary assets have already been transferred over and youre not adding any substantial difference to the game code. The difference between the current console version and base 1.3 is not huge, its a good size, but nothing that justifies multiple delays.

You have a job, do it. There are video game companys out there that release products and fix issues within a week or even the next day (epic games with fortnite for instance) and their products sell well and are reviewed pretty decently. Ive played both on p.c and console, console is a much more comfortable platform, but for some strange reason gets neglected even though terraria caters more to the casual player which console also primarily appeals to.

There are plenty of reasons this update shouldve been done and console players should be complaining about 1.3.4 not being released yet. This is just lazy.
Coding is not an easy thing to do my dude. Epic games did not have to transfer the game from one engine to another. Not everyone codes the same; its like learning a different language.

Coding is not an easy thing to do my dude. Epic games did not have to transfer the game from one engine to another. Not everyone codes the same; its like learning a different language.
The building blocks where already in place. Yes they had to redo the coding, but the concept art was already available. The mobs, the items, the backgrounds, all of it. They even got to take a short cut with the console exclusives since even with the items they aren't removing, they already have the art for. It's not like they a where starting with a blank slate.

The building blocks where already in place. Yes they had to redo the coding, but the concept art was already available. The mobs, the items, the backgrounds, all of it. They even got to take a short cut with the console exclusives since even with the items they aren't removing, they already have the art for. It's not like they a where starting with a blank slate.
Exactly, they're basically glorified tracers at the moment. Unless maybe they have a surprise console exclusive they're keeping secret?

Art assets are actually the easiest and simplest part of game making. 2D assets can be whipped out in hours. The code to implement even simple things can take days. There's a reason artists are the first team members you fire or move to other work when the game is close to compete.

Transferring engines is not the simple thing people here are making it out to be. It's certainly not as easy as tracing artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom