Mobile Bug or Update?

Donkyhun78

Terrarian
I was playing fine over the weekend when I got home and connected to the WiFi, the game said it couldn’t load my character. I was so upset because I had so much stuff and I had a starfury. All my worlds would load but not my player. I had to make a new one. Can you fix this?

I was playing fine over the weekend when I got home and connected to the WiFi, the game said it couldn’t load my character. I was so upset because I had so much stuff and I had a starfury. All my worlds would load but not my player. I had to make a new one. Can you fix this?
Did it give you an error when you tried to load the character? You mentioned "the game said it couldn't", which makes me think you received an error message.

Was the character saved on a local slot or a cloud slot?

Did it give you an error when you tried to load the character? You mentioned "the game said it couldn't", which makes me think you received an error message.

Was the character saved on a local slot or a cloud slot?
[doublepost=1508448629,1508448601][/doublepost]I said that it couldn’t load it

[doublepost=1508448629,1508448601][/doublepost]
I said that it couldn’t load it
Normally providing a screenshot of the error helps a lot. There are many things that could cause it to not load, and an error message helps narrow it down.

[doublepost=1508448629,1508448601][/doublepost]
I said that it couldn’t load it
Right, I understand that. But does your game crash and close when you try to load your character. Or does the game give you an error message, and if so, what does the error message say? Or does your game try to load the character, gets halfway, and then gets stuck. There are many different things that can be happening, and without more details it's hard to help.

Right, I understand that. But does your game crash and close when you try to load your character. Or does the game give you an error message, and if so, what does the error message say? Or does your game try to load the character, gets halfway, and then gets stuck. There are many different things that can be happening, and without more details it's hard to help.

My game does not crash, I’ll try to screenshot the problem and help you figure it out
[doublepost=1509568193,1509567971][/doublepost]I checked the message and it says that it was created on a newer version of terraria. This all happened when I got home that weekend. I am very upset because I had so much stuff. Also, can you show me how to have a backup for them then?
[doublepost=1509568481][/doublepost]Another thing is I was just planning to fight the wall of flesh, so I had all my best stuff. I do feel like we can save my character though, because I think I still have all of my players data on my Kindle. Plz try to help.
[doublepost=1509568543][/doublepost]P.S. The title of this forum was supposed to be called Bug or Update?

My game does not crash, I’ll try to screenshot the problem and help you figure it out
[doublepost=1509568193,1509567971][/doublepost]I checked the message and it says that it was created on a newer version of terraria. This all happened when I got home that weekend. I am very upset because I had so much stuff. Also, can you show me how to have a backup for them then?
[doublepost=1509568481][/doublepost]Another thing is I was just planning to fight the wall of flesh, so I had all my best stuff. I do feel like we can save my character though, because I think I still have all of my players data on my Kindle. Plz try to help.
[doublepost=1509568543][/doublepost]P.S. The title of this forum was supposed to be called Bug or Update?
Like I mentioned in the other thread, if you get the “player was created with a new version” message, I’m sorry to say that I’m not sure that there is a solution. I’ve seen this error reported over and over, all by people who swear they haven’t used a newer version to create the character, and I believe them.

Hopefully, you've taken advantage of the extra save slots and manually made backups of the character and world before you got the error, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

The mobile version will be getting a big update where they are rebuilding the code, so that issues like this hopefully won’t happen. There is no release date for the mobile update yet.

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

And a tip for going forward, you can Edit your posts if you need to include more info. That is much preferred over double and triple posting. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom